It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the CBS TV show Jericho a Hidden Message?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
("in the event a nuclear bomb explodes near you, do not light cigarettes, you may start a fire .... LOL)

I just remembered why not having a fire is important.

You may be burning wood/paper/cloth/other that is contaminated with radioactive fallout. This fallout is then put back into the air by the heat of the fire and could be blown out of the active zone into a non active zone and then that clean zone will then be contaminated by radiation, limiting your chances of getting food or water, or someone else's chances for that matter.

Your mostly waiting for a good rain storm to wash away most of the radio active debris into the sewers/ground. Further away from you the better. You can't drink the rain water at this time as it will be cleaning the air and it's most probable that the clouds will have contaminants in them at an early stage.

This is why a good shelter is important along with a supply of food and water, most essential is water. You can live for up to two weeks without food, but only about 4 days without water.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Well, I guess so. But no-one's stopping me having a ciggie as I watch the mushroom clouds rise over Glasgow. A ciggie and a free sun tan, how great is that ?

i remember when I still lived with my parents, in a wee village, 1973 it was, when the local air raid siren did actually go off in the wee small hours of the morning, due to an electrical fault. Of course everyone assumed it was "the end of the world", tv & radio then didn't broadcast overnight so there was no way of knowing what was going on. We didn't even have a telephone ...

I remember it really vividly, Dad was at sea at the time so Mum was a bit panicky, my great Uncle lived down the street and arrived in his dressing gown & slippers, telling the neighbours he met on the way to "put those lights out" ... it was like something out of Dad's Army. The Police finally arrived and went knocking on doors telling folks not to worry about the siren ... it was all a huge mistake. The siren wasn't switched off until about 6 in the morning ... so we got the whole day off school !! Result

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Jericho, Season 2 begins Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10pm ET/PT.

For those who don't know about this, season 1 is being picked up by the Sci-fi channel. With luck the show will continue past it's short run on CBS.

Below is a collection of promos for the new season.

Season 2 - Sneak Peak

Season 2 - The Six Presidents

Season 2 - The Return

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What is going on with this show? I about fell out of my chair when they went "Continuity of Government" last night. Starting to see a serious "Lone Gunmen" thing going on here.

In Layman terms "Blackwater has become the enforcement arm for KBR after they staged a Nuclear attack on the US to overthrow the Government. Of course Department of Homeland Security is in on the whole thing.

Some kind of crazy world we are living in.

I invite you all to give this show a second look.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join