It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US NAVY operates CITGO fuel stations!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
US NAVY Operates CITGO fuel stations

The Navy operates 53 Citgo gas stations nationwide including this one in Annapolis, Maryland.
Navy officials point out the original contract was awarded in 1989. That was three years before Chavez launched a coup attempt and ten years before he became President.

Now is the time for Navy lawyers to find a way to cancel this contract for good.

I love the smell of sulpher in the morning!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There is an irony here, but let us consider that relations with Venezuela haven't always been so poor as they currently are.

While I was researching this subject, I ran across this site. Boy, what a load of bull.

Citgo is a U.S. refining and marketing firm that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company. Money you pay to Citgo goes primarily to Venezuela -- not Saudi Arabia or the Middle East. There are 14,000 Citgo gas stations in the US. (Click here www.citgo.com... to find one near you.) By buying your gasoline at Citgo, you are contributing to the billions of dollars that Venezuela's democratic government is using to provide health care, literacy and education, and subsidized food for the majority of Venezuelans.

Instead of using government to help the rich and the corporate, as Bush does, Chavez is using the resources and oil revenue of his government to help the poor in Venezuela. A country with so much oil wealth shouldn't have 60 percent of its people living in poverty, earning less than $2 per day. With a mass movement behind him, Chavez is confronting poverty in Venezuela. That's why large majorities have consistently backed him in democratic elections. And why the Bush administration supported an attempted military coup in 2002 that sought to overthrow Chavez.

www.commondreams.org...

If we had Citgo stations here and if I had ever burned that gasoline, I certainly would do so now.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is actually what I meant to say in the above post.

There is an irony here, but let us consider that relations with Venezuela haven't always been so poor as they currently are.

While I was researching this subject, I ran across this site. Boy, what a load of bull.

Citgo is a U.S. refining and marketing firm that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company. Money you pay to Citgo goes primarily to Venezuela -- not Saudi Arabia or the Middle East. There are 14,000 Citgo gas stations in the US. (Click here www.citgo.com... to find one near you.) By buying your gasoline at Citgo, you are contributing to the billions of dollars that Venezuela's democratic government is using to provide health care, literacy and education, and subsidized food for the majority of Venezuelans.

Instead of using government to help the rich and the corporate, as Bush does, Chavez is using the resources and oil revenue of his government to help the poor in Venezuela. A country with so much oil wealth shouldn't have 60 percent of its people living in poverty, earning less than $2 per day. With a mass movement behind him, Chavez is confronting poverty in Venezuela. That's why large majorities have consistently backed him in democratic elections. And why the Bush administration supported an attempted military coup in 2002 that sought to overthrow Chavez.

www.commondreams.org...

If we had Citgo stations here and if I had ever burned that gasoline, I certainly would not do so now.

apc

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I took the first one as sarcasm, anyway.

Around here 7-11 has managed to stop carrying Citgo. I'm sure the Navy can get out, if they choose to.

new topics

top topics

join