It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that your finger, or are you happy to see me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Now HERE's an amusingly odd article! (p.s.... I want one!)

Wristwatch phone turns your finger into an earpiece
Wed Nov 5, 4:26 PM ET Add Science - AFP to My Yahoo!

PARIS (AFP) - A Japanese company has invented the world's first wristwatch phone which works by transforming the user's finger into an earpiece, it was reported.

The prototype gadget, Finger Whisper, consists of a wristband that converts digital signals into vibrations that are transmitted into the bones of the hand New Scientist says in next Saturday's issue.

The user puts his finger into his ear for the vibrations to be picked up by the eardrum, which then transcribes them back into sound signals for the brain.

The rest of the story...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well Gee Wiz, isn't that the darndest thing.......

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
my father worked on this type of through the bone transducer for Military pilots many years ago
this New tech sound really nice .. it should work by placing the finger on the jaw bone in front of the ear
ThX !

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We are becomming more and more connected to our phones,pagers, palm pilots, etc.. For me you can cut the cord
or in this case, the finger! Interesting Post

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by KillerD]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Auto mechanics will tell you that the very BEST way to detect a noise AND track the source down is to use bone/sound conductivity.

My first position in engineering were in hydraulic systems/pumping installations and that is exactly how we would diagnose problems...equipment/pipe - to crescent wrench - to skull...you can hear every little ping, ding and boink!

This is really neat, thanks for sharing, Byrd!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Auto mechanics will tell you that the very BEST way to detect a noise AND track the source down is to use bone/sound conductivity.

Wow, thats intelligent. Stick your finger in a running engine you know isn't functioning properly to see where the noise is coming from

Heh, sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I found this idea quite fascinating but wonder when we will take the next step and have implants that go to the ear or brain?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
what if you were a proctologist that lost his watch... would your colon ring?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pherophile

Originally posted by Valhall

Wow, thats intelligent. Stick your finger in a running engine you know isn't functioning properly to see where the noise is coming from

Heh, sorry, couldn't resist.

smart-ass...j/k Not seriously, this reminds me of a Bill Engvall skit where he talks about some idiot coming into the living room with his hands all bloody and cut up and he says to his two friends, "I just learned a real important thing...turn the car off before you try to change that fan belt!...It's like a machine or something!"

Here's your sign.

LOL!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wait wait... Sticking the finger in the ear???

Ladies & Gentlemen. From now on think before you shake someone else's hand.

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by TheBandit795]

new topics

top topics

join