It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown To Rioting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, the BBC slipped up in covering a story out of Germany.

For those of you who don't know, a theater in Germany was going to put on an adopted play from Mozart where near the beginning the heads of Buddah, Posiden, Jesus and Mohummed were all shown. However, because of the fear of being killed and causing riots throughout the world in the name of the Religion of "Peace", the play was cancelled.

The BBC, in covering this story, accidently aired the severed head of Mohummed.

Story
And here's the story about the play from LGF

So now the betting begins: how long until riots begin?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm sure there will be displeasure over it, but we'll see if the imams are energetic enough to start trouble again.

By the way, junglejake, how do you feel, as a Christian, about their depiction of Jesus' decapitated head? I realize that in church you routinely see Jesus bloody and dying on the cross, but how does it make one feel seeing it done for entertainment?

Also, are you protesting "citco" in your signature or "citgo"?

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Isn't that the play with the heads on a stick? JC, Mo', Bud' and the guy with the trident? Most distasteful and untimely. But I suppose within the realm of "art". Do artists and patrons/producers/directors have or share a moral and ethical responsibilty for their work? Or is it like some bomb designer who says, "Hey, I just work here man". Big ol' gray area. Berlin, eh?

Or how about Chancellor Merkel's response to the Neuenfels directed Mozart opera "Idomeneo"? Can you kick the hornet's nest any harder Madame Chancellor? Would you like that nest tee-ed up and see if you can put it between the posts for a field goal Ma'am?

Listen, ain't the Pope "Benny" just got done poking some folks in the eye with a sharp stick? Hey, isn't he from BMW-land?

Glad, the production has been cancelled (that could change). A sensible idea. I wonder how much turmoil will happen when the Pontif visits Turkey? Yikes! Here's a CBC News link for those interested in finding a bit more perspective on the opera.

Victor K.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Jamuhn, I feel bad for the writers and those that endorse/support the play because they enjoy the idea of Jesus' head on a stick, but God can deal with being mocked, I don't have to be outraged for Him. It's not like this is the worst depiction of Jesus that has gotten public attention in the past 10 years, either.

And I meant CitGo, thanks for pointing that out
By golly, if it weren't for spell check, y'all might think I'm a kindergartner writing these things...You still might, but thanks to Word, it's not because of my spelling!

V Kaminski, I'm curious, do you support all women wearing burkas or something similar, and believe that those who do not deserve to be raped? Because it sounds very similar. People shouldn't be able to practice free speech in regards to Muslims because some may have violent reactions, and women shouldn't be able to wear tight jeans because some men may have violent reactions.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Moderator you read too much into my writing. Have a pleasant day. I'll go away now. Sorry to contribute to such a sensitive thread. I'm obviously out-classed and unwelcome. I accede and aquiesce to your wisdom.

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
V, while I carry the title of moderator, I am also a member of this community and engage in the debates just as you do. Just because I'm a moderator doesn't mean I don't have any opinions, nor does it mean I'm not allowed to express those opinions. I can promise you this, though: I will not use any moderator powers on a thread that I'm participating in because I have those opinions and they could influence any decision I may make. So if you don't want to participate in this conversation, that's fine, but don't hide behind an idea that I'll abuse my powers if you disagree with me. I won't.

The point I was making, though, was that this idea that we can't offend Islam because they'll have a violent reaction is the same as blaming a woman for being raped. Take a look at most nations’ laws. I can pester you, insult you, attack you verbally, attack your children verbally, attack everything about you verbally, but you are expected to not physically react. If you do, you are hit with an assault charge, if not worse depending on the reaction. Yet, with Islam, if that violent reaction takes place (which it invariably does in the Religion of Peace, it seems), the person and nation harboring the person who said the negative things is blamed.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejakeI can pester you, insult you, attack you verbally, attack your children verbally, attack everything about you verbally, but you are expected to not physically react. If you do, you are hit with an assault charge, if not worse depending on the reaction.

I'm not sure which country you live in junglejake, but I know that in the US for example, there are laws against slander, libel and harassment. Not to mention...public disturbance, restraining orders, and a host of other laws that will punish such action.

Yet, with Islam, if that violent reaction takes place (which it invariably does in the Religion of Peace, it seems), the person and nation harboring the person who said the negative things is blamed.

Yes, too bad they aren't christians so they could have worshipped the violent death of Jesus and gotten off demonizing other people's beliefs. Or they could be like the christians of the Lord's Resistance Army, terrorists who raped and mutiliated so many Africans. And what about the mostly christian United States, which has one of the highest murder and violence rates in the world. Is that the kind of alternative you envision for Islam? People are violent junglejake. I don't know why more people don't want to accept that. They always try to blame it on something else.

By the way, where is the violent reaction to the BBC broadcast that you predicted?

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I'm not sure which country you live in junglejake, but I know that in the US for example, there are laws against slander, libel and harassment. Not to mention...public disturbance, restraining orders, and a host of other laws that will punish such action.

And we all know those are just as serious as murder and assault
They come with just as stiff a penalty as murder, too.

Yes, too bad they aren't christians so they could have (yadda yadda yadda)

If you'd like an explanation of the gospel, send me a U2U, I'd love to explain it to you. In short, Christians do not worship Christ's death -- it is His resurrection that made all things possible.

As to the other examples of church violence, there is no excuse for it. Yet, as the French journalist who is now in hiding since a death fatwah was declared against him, death threads started pouring in, Egypt denounced him and Al'Queda's now targeting him for saying so, when you go down to the source of the matter, the message of the gospel is not one of violence, it does not promote violence, nor does it condone violence. It does the opposite. The Quran, on the other hand, if you see something as threatening Islam, says to do exactly what we're seeing Muslims doing today -- be violent. Kill. Kill. Get killed killing, it's a sure fire way to heaven. But hey, if we keep calling Islam the Religion of Peace, it must be true because words speak louder than actions. "Don't call Islam violent or we'll kill you!" "Ooo, sorry, didn't realize how peaceful you are."

By the way, where is the violent reaction to the BBC broadcast that you predicted?

It's rather remarkable, isn't it? I guess they got too caught up in trying to kill the French author, demanding the Pope be crucified, that Rome be taken over (remember, though, Islam isn't spread by the sword, and they're proving it by demanding an invasion of Rome), or else the BBC's airing of the video hasn't gone through the proper media channels yet. It could be one of those things like the Dutch cartoons that takes months before the Religion of "Peace" realizes they have to start killing people again.

You know, maybe when there's been a riot lull and the people start itching for something to be pissed about in the name of Islam.

EDIT: blew the quote tags...

[edit on 10/1/06/01 by junglejake]

[edit on 10/1/06/01 by junglejake]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I'm not sure which country you live in junglejake, but I know that in the US for example, there are laws against slander, libel and harassment. Not to mention...public disturbance, restraining orders, and a host of other laws that will punish such action.[/url]

And we all know those are just as serious as murder and assault

My point is that speech and non-violent actions can carry a punishment as well.

Yes, too bad they aren't christians

If you'd like an explanation of the gospel, send me a U2U, I'd love to explain it to you. In short, Christians do not worship Christ's death -- it is His resurrection that made all things possible.

I've read the Bible. I've been to church and have seen the bleeding Christ nailed to a cross hanging over the altar. You don't see the resurrection deified in a church, you see his violent death.

when you go down to the source of the matter, the message of the gospel is not one of violence, it does not promote violence, nor does it condone violence.

Tell that to the judge in Kansas receiving death threats from Christians for ruling against Creationism being a science. Tell that all the Africans mutilated or dead at the hands of Christian terrorists. Why don't you even go and tell that to Bush who raised an army to pounce the Middle East while relying on his supposed "Christian beliefs" and Christian support.

You can claim the Gospel isn't outwardly violent despite its warnings of eternal punishment if you don't convert to Jesus, but when you look in the Old Testament, you will see how truly violent Christianity can be.

The Quran, on the other hand, if you see something as threatening Islam, says to do exactly what we're seeing Muslims doing today -- be violent.

I've read the Qur'an as well and your argument (or lack thereof) is really beginning to lose its edge. In short, the Qur'an stipulates that although Muslims do not like violence, it is necessary to be used against injustice. And what that injustice entails is at the hands of imams that compete for power and prestige, using religion as a crutch for their own aims. There are violent and disagreeable parts, sure, but you find that in all religions, yes, even among Buddhists.

But for every violent protestor, there are 100s if not thousands of Muslims that are peaceful.

It's rather remarkable, isn't it?

Actually it isn't, because so many things like those go past everyday without any Muslims raising a peep. You do realize that there are over a billion Muslims in the world, correct? It's hard to let something go by that many people without people noticing. But, when the imams want to incite something, that's what they do.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Jamuhn]

new topics

top topics

join