It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughters nightmares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
My little girl who is only 3 &1/2 years old has been having a certain nightmare for a few months now. She states there is a fire all over and she is trying to wake me up but I won't wake and she says there are rocks falling from the sky into the house. There are other minor details to this nightmare of hers..but with what I've given don't you think it's eerie that a 3 year old would dream things of this nature? And how would I help her not to have this nightmare anymore..anyone know?
Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I believe she may have seen this in some action flick or even a movie short when you weren't looking, and got a lasting impression.

Children aren't all that great at coming up with apocalyptic visions unless they've literally seen some or lived through such a thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
...strange...just thought this related to 'lil M' as soon as I saw the title...

How to help her...unsure Mags...will need to think on it. Lil M is a rather special child, there is no doubt about that, in time I think she will learn to help herself...for now all you really can do is provide comfort when the dreams happen...

...depending on what you believe you could perhaps ask God to place some protection upon her...you could also visualise that yourself, place it via yourself...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You are probably correct masked man that it is/was some movie or something she saw when mom wasn't looking and just made a strong impact in her subconscious..

The way she has continued to describe it just seemed so lucid for a 3 year old.

Alien I really don't think it's anything related to evil/negative spiritual. Thank you for your considerate thoughts..always appreciative

Mags

[Edited on 12/19/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
magestica,

This may sound quite odd but my niece's nightmares were solved when a doctor reccomended they play Mozart at a low level in the child's room.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
magestica,

This may sound quite odd but my niece's nightmares were solved when a doctor reccomended they play Mozart at a low level in the child's room.

I have some..will give it a go! Thank you and sounds like some reasonable advice if you ask me..as music CAN certainly alter you dreams..most definately!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm in full agreement Magestica..music can influence dreams to an extent I think most dismiss.

I have a rare second generation tape of a Greatful Dead concert in 1968 at the appropriately named, Dream Bowl, in California.

No lyrics, soft strung GD classics. Very smoothing tempo..Anyhoo, this particular 90 minute tape has blessed me with the sweetest of dreams. If I need a good night sleep, I slip in the "Dream Bowl" and everything is all right. If Mozart doesn't work, I'll digitize this little gem and you can give it shot..

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
one i found works, if the nightmare bothers her still..is play a game!!
get a little box and a piece of paper and some color pens or paint,
ask her to draw the dream on the paper
then tell her you are both going to put the paper in the little box, thats where that dream will stay, and tell her it cannot get out.
Take the box out with her and throw it away.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it isn't her little mind translating the things she may hear around her like mentions of a nuclear attack or "terrorist" attack. Kids absorb and process a huge amount of information that we don't even think about. It could be that she is picking up on the distress of those around her, if they are concerned with the current state of the country and her mind is trying to comprehend what it all means. Since she is so young she may not know how to ask about the things that scare her. Being as that it is a recurring nightmare spanning a few months, I would guess that it is probably more than a movie she saw somewhere. It could be, but I imagine it is probably something that she identifies more closely with. If she has family members that discuss or discussed the war or 9/11 around her, my guess would be that the images created in her mind from what she heard are causing her nightmares.

Playing classical music is a great idea. Not only can it help soothe her nightmares, but I've also read that it improves a child's ability to learn and retain information as they grow up.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Did the dreams start before the devastating fires in Southern California?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It could be that she senses that there are some problems affecting you that she only knows hints of (the fire and the rocks), but enough for her to worry about you. The flames represent her helplessness in her ability to help you with these problems, they are a barrier between her and you.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Really. You evidentally, are on a dream roll today I shall look deeper into your interpretation and thus try to solve the problem. Sometimes kids see things we as adults/parent aren't always aware of or paying attention to. I'll take a better look at things for sure! Thank you!

*Now onto the next dream Gaz interpreted for me*

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You're welcome...

Interesting you chose your daughter's dream first...that's a good sign of a great mother....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You just made my day..that is the best compliment I could ever receive!!! I think I shed a few tears on that remark
*Happy tears that is*

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You're welcome, but it's being engaged that's to blame...for some reason I'm all warm and gooey inside, and that's just odd to me, hehe.... I hope it clears up... I actually got teary at a commercial the other day! What the heck?

*checks his estragen level....*

Seriously, glad to do it...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have to agree, putting your Daughter first is certainly the sign of a good mother!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I love these dream threads.... they make me remember recurring childhood dreams.

My fire was snakes everywhere. My falling rocks were huge cardboard boxes shadow men pushed from infinite open stories above my bed in a warehouse I could see through the ceiling.

We have forgetten most of what we knew as children.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeanLucPicard
I have to agree, putting your Daughter first is certainly the sign of a good mother!

YES. My Daughter always comes first..Always!

And..what is your take on her dream??
Mags

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I recently had a dream in a programing language

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Well, I'm not to good about deciphering dream meanings. Anything I could tell you would only be a guess...sorry.

new topics

top topics

join