It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US supply line Hit in iraq!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"You have voted AceWombat04 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month."

I do know of one group that is happy we are there and that is the kurds. And even if we succed in Iraq it won't stop the violence but it will decrease it. Sunni and Shia have been killing each other for hundreds of years and I doubt it would stop them now.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
because people who wants peace don't do anything except live in peace the result is
there's really nothing we can do for peace except not doing anything at all, to create chaos and war you need to actually take ''action'' to change the scheme of things, a peacefull state of mind is a passive state of mind while a none peacefull state of mind is an agressive state of mind and therefor these people will go out of their way to not only react to events but to cause the events them selves...

this is mostly caused by brain washing, people are used as puppets and can't even think for them selves, they cheer for war but they don't even know why, it's all imbeded into their lives from the momment they were born, every single media news every single concepts created, it all contributes to altering the perception of reality, the world has turned into a giant subliminal message where people aren't even consciously aware of their true actions and controled like robots from the momment of birth, people are blinded by all this false information and are rendered with out consciousness.. simply a tool.

resorting to the same methods they used to create wars in order to acheive peace, we would have to stoop to their levels and therefor create even more problems.. the only solution is to think for your self and really feel your existance.. don't let anyone tell you what is and what is not, do what feels right and live peacefully, i am truely glad to see that most people on ats can think for them selves and want peace to prevail, i give my appreciation to all of you who supports this notion.

may we have peace of mind.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by selfless]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
This was yet another glorious victory for the resistance...

So you're actually happy about people dying? Nothing against you as a person, but I find that repulsive.

You sound like my neighbor, a self proclaimed "redneck" originally from Tennessee. He's thrilled everytime the American forces blow up some middle eastern village, "That'll teach them!", he says, and then proceeds to regale everyone within earshot with his tales of American military supremacy.

To me, both view points are disgusting. This conflict will not ease until radicals like you and my backwards neighbor are ostracized by the vast majority of normal people, who have a little human compassion & common sense.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Seems to me prior to 03, Iraq was doing just fine. They wernt in a state of unrest at all.. we created this unrest and we are prolonging it indefinately.

And if this was happening in your cosy ohio suburb.. i could gaurantee you that the suburbanites would be cheering if you destroyed a supply line to the muslim occupiers.

Prior to 03 Iraq may have been doing fine ... it's citizens however were not doing fine. Due to ongoing sanctions from the UN and corruption in the Hussein administration the people were starving and death rates were higher than their pre-1991 (Gulf War) levels. The oil-for-food program allowed Iraq to sell $100 billion in oil during its 12 year run ... yet the people were still starving. Somehow I don't think Hussein or his buddies were missing any meals.

CONCLUSIONS

In an attempt to assess the impact of the United Nations sanctions on the quality of life of the population in Iraq, the following facts should serve as constant reminders in drawing overall conclusions regarding the humanitarian aspects of the sanctions:

5. The vast majority of the country's population has been on a semi-starvation diet for years. This tragic situation has tremendous implications on the health status of the population and on their quality of life, not only for the present generation, but for the future generation as well.

7. Very rarely has the impact of sanctions on millions of people been documented. Severe economic hardship, a semi-starvation diet, high levels of disease, scarcity of essential drugs and, above all, the psycho-social trauma and anguish of a bleak future, have led to numerous families being broken up leading to distortions in social norms.

8. The impact of this unfortunate situation on the infant and child population in particular in Iraq needs special attention. It is not only the data on morbidity and mortality that tell the story, but equally important are the crippling effects of many of these morbidities which are often forgotten. The psychological trauma of the six-week 1991 war and the terrible hardships enduring with the sanctions since then, can be expected to leave indelible marks on the mental health and behavioural patterns of these children when they grow to adulthood. This tragic aspect of the impact of the war and conditions surrounding the sanctions is rarely articulated, but the world community should seriously consider the implications of an entire generation of children growing up with such traumatized mental handicaps, if of course, they survive at all.

Full Text Available from: WHO - IRAQ HEALTH CONDITIONS REPORT

Hussein diverted funds from the oil-for-food program, allowed his people to starve but somehow the US gets the blame for it; even though these were UN imposed sanctions. So yes, when the US started invading there was already hatred from the general populace who had been suffering under the sanctions due to a corrupt leader.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Why are they going to kill each other once we leave?
Theyre killing each other because parties are HELPING the USA.
once we are gone, there's no one there to help, sure killings will happen but not on the scale of todays killings.

The most you'd get are gangs killing people who helped them SIGNIFICANTLY.
like the dutch did to the nazi bonkers.

I don't advocate leaving by any means. I also believe the American public was misled on the reasons (or lack thereof) for the war. I do believe that the situation has worsened since we invaded and wether what we started is right or wrong we now have the responsibilty to try and keep the peace while a new goverment forms and takes power.

However, if we did leave the killing would not stop. The Sunni vs Shiite conflicts have been going on for a long, long time. Iraq had a Sunni majority ruling overing a Shiite minority. I will agree that Saddam managed to keep the parties from starting a civil war ... primarily through the use of violence and force.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Of course the us has the potential to be strong is the Iraqi war. THe only prob is because they has human rights weaknesses. If the enemy hides, then bomb everyone, but the US chooses not to do this. Unlike the barbarian so called freedom fighters (what a joke). It's no wonder why the middle east has been in the hell hole they always been in because of the sake of Islam.

People are so dumb. Face the facts, religion is all made up folks. If their is a God or gods it's prob aliens and i'm sure they wouldn't want you to kill each other. Everyone is a human being and we share the same world. Just becuase your a American or a Middle Eastern does not make you any better than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You want to know what erks me? I get slapped witha 2000 point wrning for slightly politically charged post.....

yet someone can come on this board and rant about "american soldiers being cowards" blah, blah, blah.....thats cool right? :shk:

its nice opposition to certain views are so embraced here at ATS....rme....

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Where have you guys been? The insurgents Iraqis and their foreign fighter allies have been ambushing convoys since Day One. A few over paid civilian truck drivers get killed and they go crying to Congress. It a freekin' war zone! How many Army, Air Force and Marine military convoy drivers have been wounded and killed? This illegal war and occupation was about securing Iraqi oil production for the oil companies so they can make their obscene profits and W paying back his corporate contributors to his (s)election campaigns with fat secret no-bid govt contracts. 140k troops defending the borders of the US will go along way to securing our borders against the flood of illegal immigrants who are keeping wages artificially low. Some of those illegals could be terrorists bent on attacks within the US. This war hasn't made our country one bit safer and has greatly weakened our military's ability to defend our country.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am as a patriotic American as any and of course feel deeply for those people who were killed that day. After all my job is to save lives.

We have invaded and ruined that country.

We have killed soldiers, defeated there military, murdered women and childern by the thousands, raped woman and children and tortured some of there people.

If some foreign power came here and did that to us, I sure as hell hope you people would kill the outsiders for your family, country and future children. To do any less than that would we a coward. If they drove through my town with total disreguard for the safety of my people by speeding through there with a convoy of 18 wheelers and hum-vee's to supply the military that has done all those horrors to my people I think all of us Americans would do a lot more than what those people did.

Where is your empathy people?

If I was from the region, or had family there I would cheer it on myself. You would too. Murder and rape my people/family destroy my infrastructure, and yes I coudnt help but to be jublient about a supply covoy getting attacked.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
[edit on 30-9-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
You want to know what erks me? I get slapped witha 2000 point wrning for slightly politically charged post.....

yet someone can come on this board and rant about "american soldiers being cowards" blah, blah, blah.....thats cool right? :shk:

because decent gernal people realise the significance of this illegial occupation.

only the severly gulliblabe and blinded americans follow this war..

if u still believe after everything that has been released that this is still a freedom fight, or a liberation battle.. you are obviously as dumb as the post next to you..

iraq is the biggest and most propserous investment the USA government has made.
and all u US citizens that are blindly following are the result of years and years of depleted education programmes.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ok , just a few of my own observations on this debarcle

In the “ long vesion “ – which still contsins several edit breaks .

10:14 – they stop , reason unknown

10:25 – the dash redlights are seen to be illininated and a buzzer sounds [ imho this sounds like a low air warning for the brakes – though it could be oil pressure ]

10:45 wheeler “ truck 5 is stalled out “

Observation – it is hard to tell – but it sounds like a idling engine note can be hear in the cab – it is constant so it is not another moving vehicle off camera

Also by 10:50 – the warning buzzer has ceased – but ign lights on the dash are still visible

If it was an lo air warning – the tanks would have refilled

11:00 there is no sign of ignition lights on the dash , and no warning buzzer .

Observation – has he switched off the ign ? why – its obvious he still has battery power as he is using the radio .

11:04 – wheeler claims “ I cannot move “

Yup – 50 seconds have passed . but apart from whine – he doesn’t seem to have done much to even attempt to fix the problem

11:09 wheeler “ I am taking fire “

Observation – it does not seem very accurate – as none actually seems to hit his vehicle .

11:25 wheeler “ truck cannot move”

Observation – he still hasn’t done anything remotely constructive

11:09 wheeler “ I am taking fire”

11:15 wheeler “ I am getting shot “

Observation – no he is not ,

11:46 – he is passed by another KRB vehicle , which does not seem to be suffering any problems .

At this point instead of bemoaning his fate and playing with his camera – it might have been a good idea to have paid a little more attention – and attempted to arrange a rescue – by having that vehicle stop cab to cab so that he could clamber across

But that sort of thinking seem st have evaded wheeler .

The video runs on till 14:23

That is 3 minuites and 8 seconds – of “ getting shot “those dammed insurgents are sure taking their time

The more general observations are :

Despite the threat to his life, Wheeler is relatively composed and able to deal with the harrowing situation. He even continues holding the camera and videotaping the unfolding massacre.

Maybe they are using a different definition of “ composure “ to be
but IMHO wheeler whines like a baby .

Also despite the claim that other drivers were “ killed right in front of him “ and at “point blank range “

The unarmed wheeler seems to have survived unmolested – just cowering in his cab for a further 36 minuites

Yup – he claims that he was not rescued till 40 minuites after the ambush .

Wheeler said almost 40 minutes passed before U.S. troops returned.

Maybe the insurgents spared wheeler because he agreed to be a propaganda mouthpiece for them

But it does beg the question – where is the rest of the tape ?????????????

Also wheeler displays alarming ignorance of just what counter ambush drill should be adopted in the event of an attack

"I do not know who the driver was of that Humvee, but he abandoned us," civilian driver Preston Wheeler of Mena, Ark., who taped the footage, told ABC News.

Rule one do not stop

Rule two see rule one

Secondly – they did come back for him , just not on the terms and timescale wheeler demanded .

Not only did they rescue him – they also recovered his camera – which was good of them

I do not mean to be unkind [ well actually I do ] , but IMHO wheeler is an idiot , unfit to be left unsupervised . who stalled his truck – and did nothing constructive to restart it – or take any action to assist his rescue

If his like really was in such peril , the camera should have been the first thing he dropped

Just my 0.02 groats – as always YMMV

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Freedom fighters,just what freedom are you for? freedom of speech,I don't think so.Freedom of religion,don't think so. Wait I know freedom to behead anyone you belives offends you.Freedom to rape woman,yes.Freedom to kill the Pope,yes.And you call everybody else the terrorist.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
Freedom fighters,just what freedom are you for? freedom of speech,I don't think so.Freedom of religion,don't think so. Wait I know freedom to behead anyone you belives offends you.Freedom to rape woman,yes.Freedom to kill the Pope,yes.And you call everybody else the terrorist.

I would say freedom from a foreign occupying force. Freedom to make the choice of not wanting people of other religions in there country. Beheading would be the mildest form of retaliation I would do if the only thing I had to fight the enemy was small arms home-made bombs and knives. I dont see why they areant leaving a worst taste in our mouths than they already have.

What would you do if your town and country was occupied by a bunch of foreigners? Sit there and go " Oh I see why they are here! They want to give us freedom of religion and speech" or would you fight? If the Chinese blew our country out and occupied it, tried to spread the communist china belief and raped, murdered and tortured our people, what would you do?

I would be very busy making them wish they never came to America!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
if you always think in terms of retaliation then you are just a frequency for war.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
This illegal war and occupation was about securing Iraqi oil production for the oil companies so they can make their obscene profits and W paying back his corporate contributors to his (s)election campaigns with fat secret no-bid govt contracts.

Then you should stop using all petroleum products right now. That'll teach'em! Even if the war was for oil, all you people who think so should just stop using oil products. If there is no demand for oil then there will be no wars for oil.

As far as the OP? She's just a troll.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman

This illegal war and occupation was about securing Iraqi oil production for the oil companies so they can make their obscene profits and W paying back his corporate contributors to his (s)election campaigns with fat secret no-bid govt contracts.

Then you should stop using all petroleum products right now. That'll teach'em! Even if the war was for oil, all you people who think so should just stop using oil products. If there is no demand for oil then there will be no wars for oil.

As far as the OP? She's just a troll.

As a matter of fact, I try to limit my use of all petroluem products to a minimum but it's far more than that. We now have a professional political class who run's our govt at the behest of global corporate elites and not for the benefit or welfare of the majority of the people. I agree we shouldn't buy crude oil from countries like Saudi Arabia or Kuwait. In fact, we actually get more oil from Canada then the KSA . So why are we over there now? To ensure oil production to meet Europe, India and China's needs because they are now actually the bulk of the oil companies's sales. We actually using less per capita now than we were in the '70's and sales in our country is slowing down while China and India's both are growing exponential and will actually excede our own consumption buy 2010. Again, I assert that we're not there for the benefit of American citizens but to ensure oil company profits.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

[. We actually using less per capita now than we were in the '70's and sales in our country is slowing down while China and India's both are growing exponential and will actually excede our own consumption buy 2010. Again, I assert that we're not there for the benefit of American citizens but to ensure oil company profits.

I believe the US should move on and develop non-petro based forms of energy, then let China and India have at it!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

WTF are you talking about?

You get away with posting your unsavoury undercover white supremacist BS all the bloody time!

But MY GOD, how dare someone get vexed at your Fuhrer's World Conquest/Resource Grab/Jihad crap right?

Perhaps if you and your ilk weren't so ready to dish out truckloads of crap, then you would not be so affected by people dishing it back onto you.

I just don't get some of the people round here... it's called revenge: you screw with someone/murder their family/ bomb neighbourhoods with thermobaric munitions (Thermobarics being indiscriminate killers btw - no targeting that enemy and missing the kids playing out the front of his house), then they will come looking for payback. Just like Americans would have taken up arms if, say, the Soviets had invaded ala Red Dawn.

I mean, thats what this POXY war on terror is all about right? Payback? So SURELY, Americans are in a better position than most (
) to understand that if you go around screwing with innocent civillians, then they will soon become your enemy. And DON'T EVEN play the whole 'Iraq has terrorists!' crap, because AQ weren't even IN Iraq until we turned up! Saddam hated Al Qaeda!

Soon you people will realise the Middle East is not just about Israel vs The Arabs... Not all Arabs run around shouting Allahu Akhbar every time they get vexed.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by Daystar]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pugachev
Cowards? Yeah right. If the US would to choose so, it could annihilate the middle east entirely with no problem. Difference is, we care for civlians non like this moron Syrian Sister and her facist friends in Iraq.

Hey, I got a better website for you. Its www.thereligionofpeace.com
[edit on 9/28/06 by pugachev]

[edit on 9/28/06 by pugachev]

If they care so much about civilians, how come they left three American civilians to be slaughtered?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join