It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Relationship....Bad Choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
A large percentage of us of have tried the famed internet dating. Be it because it was a moment of weakness, something a friend dared us to do, looking for something different or just out of plain loneliness.

So, I in a moment of bordom tried internet dating. I met this guy online and we talked for awhile. We had a lot in common, liked the same music, movies..you know that kind of stuff. We exchanged pictures and when I saw him.. boy I thought I lucked out! Cuuute!! We arranged to meet up at a local club here in FL. I talked to him on my cell the entire way there, until the moment he pulled into the parking lot. I was so excited!

He walked up to me, and the first thing that blurted out of my mouth was "Sorry I'm so tall" I am by NO means tall - I'm five feet and three inches.. but he was just a little bit taller than I am. Nothing against shorter men, but it's just not my taste. I like 'em long and tall!
So we went inside and had a couple of drinks and within a half hour I forgot about his height.

Fast forward 2 weeks later.. things are going good...and finally we well.. ya know.. and it's well... about as tall as he is to put it nicely. Girls... c'mon.. we say we don't mind if it's small.. but REALLY!! Ok, not a problem.. I can overlook this.

2 more weeks go by... And now he's getting possessive. Starting to not let me see my friends, demanding all my attention, telling me he's in love with me, talking about me moving in. Telling me I need to put him first before my family. One night I got sick at home, and he actually wanted to HEAR me throw up. Thinks I'm lying about who I talk to, where I've been, what I'm doing. Calls my house and cell phone about 10 times a day....

So here's my position... Should I dump him face to face.. or should I mail him his stuff and cut off all communication?

Any suggestions? .... Aside from DON'T EVER EVER EVER INTERNET DATE!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinity_IX
2 more weeks go by... And now he's getting possessive. Starting to not let me see my friends, demanding all my attention, telling me he's in love with me, talking about me moving in. Telling me I need to put him first before my family. One night I got sick at home, and he actually wanted to HEAR me throw up. Thinks I'm lying about who I talk to, where I've been, what I'm doing. Calls my house and cell phone about 10 times a day....

So here's my position... Should I dump him face to face.. or should I mail him his stuff and cut off all communication?

Any suggestions? .... Aside from DON'T EVER EVER EVER INTERNET DATE!!!

That right there should have been enough for you to tell him to screw off [removed inappropriate comment] I do not believe this guy deserves a face to face dumping. He just needs to go. I would be very wary though as he seems to have the stalker mentality about him. He must be pretty young and very insecure. Either way its not your problem and if you stay with it, I would say it will become your problem.

Pie

[edit on 28-9-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
dump him via e mail and if he bothers you again tell the police.

These weiros make me sick.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
They tend to see everything as a "control" issue...in just a short amount of time he went from nice to psycho.

I agree with not meeting him face to face to dump his creepy arse, and I also agree that email gives you some additional protection. Paper trail.

He'll more than likely insist on speaking to you in person...refuse! Unless you bring a very large, butt kicking male friend with you who's not afraid to get his hands dirty in the event in comes to that.

Make it very clear in the email that you want ZERO contact. It's over. It didn't work out and you want him to move on. Don't sugar coat it either...he'll look for anything that might be seen as a possible "way back".

He sounds the sort that will not believe you don't want him. He may get really pissed and isistant and if he does, don't be forgiving of it at all!

Good luck, and keep a record of everything. Hang ups, nasty voice mails, nasty emails...and make sure more than a few other people close to you know what this guy is like.

Good luck! Keep us updated.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I was practically bullied into spending the weekend with him... and here's how it went.

Friday night we went to a concert and played some pool with a friend of mine. The entire time at the concert and the pool hall he stuck to me like glue. Always having to touch me, have his hand up the back of my shirt, holding my hips .. something!

We go back home and he wants to have sex.. which is the last thing that I'm thinking about because of all the stress I'm under right now. I try explaining why I'm not in a sexual mood - No job, sending tons of resumes and going on tons of interviews and not hearing anything back, trying to make rent, trying to make the bills, a ticket I have to pay, the fact that I have to court for another ticket!! and finally only having 26 bucks in my silly bank account. He tells me "Can't you forget it for 10 mins".. no I can't. I wake up with this on my mind, I go to sleep worrying about it. It's on my mind every time I submit a resume and go on an interview ... "Please let me get this job, please god let me get this frickin' job!!" (Yes.. I can be a bit of a worry wart sometimes. )
So then it alllll comes out.. I start calling him selfish, telling him that he's only adding to my stress and all the garbage that really bothers me about him comes screaming out of my mouth... boy it felt good! At this point he gets out of bed and asks if he's an idiot, I ask if I'm a moron and get out of bed, walking into the living room and start getting dressed.. he asks me what I'm doing, I have my pants and bra on by this point, and things start getting nasty. I tell him to get the beep away from me, and he slamms me against the wall. This is where hell breaks loose. In my past I had an extremely abusive boyfriend and this current one slamming me against the wall brings back a flashback of my ex. So I go nuts and start screaming and he's trying to tell me he was being romantic and was only trying to kiss me. He would never hurt me .. he's sorry.... boy ... does that sound familiar!!
I finally calm down, but spend the night wide awake in the bed next to him. I wake up while he's at work and am trying my hardest to speak to my friends and try and see if I can borrow cash (this is the reason why I was staying with the maniac in the first place, he was helping me on my rent).. every door I touch is locked... So I stay the night again. And it was ok...

I got my money and all my stuff from his house, now it's just a matter of not talking to him ever...ever.. again!

There ya have it, there's the update.

top topics

join