It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret climb rate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The climb rate of F/A-18C/D is lowest in three generation fighters, as I have known, if it is wrong please correct me...
Then according to the book called "F/A-18 Hornet:A Navy Success Story" written by Jenkins, the climb rate of Super Hornet is lower than F/A-18C/D, THINK ABOUT it.... that would be down to less than 200m/s even lower than PhantomII ! What a bad fighter it is!
Also, the acceleration be said of S.H. which is inferior to its ancestor. How can imgae what will happen if S.H. meet MiG or Sukhoi fighter in air.

source link

The link also is funny to say unknown,
what a cecret specification are ashamed to see people

That Raptor, many think, is great fighter in next 10, 20 even to say 30 years. Now there are some unconfirmed report showing webs. these report said that Raptor has flew over 2.5 mach at 4600ft, flew over M2.4 at 63000ft and flew M1.9 without afterburner using. Let's image how faster the climb rate of Raptor will be?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Climb rate dosn't make it a bad fighter.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Since they all use the same powerplants and end up at the same general weight I'm uncertain how the C/D performance is below that of the A/B. The F/A 18A is a single seater, the F/A-18B is a 2-seater. The F/A-18C is a single seat plane and the F/A-18D is dual seat. To say the C/D have lower performance than the A/B seems wrong to me.

Like Pistonzor says one performance factor does not make or break a combat plane. The P-47 couldn't outclimb most Fw 190s or Bf 109s but killed them well.

And as it is right now US training will prevail over any tin horn hotshots in any Russkie hardware. That's been proven time and again. Also what scenario can we imagine where we would be up against any country operating these craft?

join