It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone analyse this - my backdoor dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've noticed a recurring theme to my dreams over the last few years, that I've started to wonder about.
Every now and then , I'll dream that some catastrophy is going to befall the world. I don't think these are premonitions as such, or at least I hope they aren't! I think it's more a case of the ATS effect. I read some thread about predicted disasters etc, and then dream about it happening.
What I'm curious about is the fact that everytime I have this sort of dream, I'm always standing at the back door of my house, observing things unfold. The dreams are always very vivid, and stay in my mind for a couple of days.
Some that I remember are a huge asteroid streaking across the sky, an alien invasion , with a huge mother ship hovering in the sky behind my house, a Tsunami , Some sort of uprising when I was stood at my back door listening to the cries of the people as they were all turning against one another , and the flashes and bangs of their battle drawing closer and closer, I even dreamt that the back of my house looked out over a huge graveyard on a grassy hill containing the graves of many people who had simply died from some major event,though I'm not sure what it was.
This only happens now and then, but it just seems wierd that I'm always in the same location in my dreams when these things happen.
It's just happening so often that I thought I'd share it , and see if anyone had any ideas as to why I always dream disasters in this way.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Curious,
What direction does the backdoor face?

are you only at your backdoor in the dreams where a disaster is happening?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
my back door points southwest, and yes, for the last few years, any disaster that could have global implications has been viewed in my dreams with me standing on the threshold of the backdoor to my house. As you can tell from the graveyard scene, Im not always looking out over my garden, the view can change with each dream.
I've had other dreams that have had bad things happen in them, but only the major disasters take place at my door.
I must add that I dream a lot, and I'm not always dreaming of doom and gloom, on the whole I have really enjoyable dreams

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, my first thought to that is you look out your back door twards the SW because you see it happening to the United States. The US is SW of you correct?

Before the war on terror ever started, my son had dreams of "war"/disasters. He saw them from our house but they always happened due east of our house. Due east of here is Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
whoops sorry, I totally got the direction wrong. It's actually north east, so my line of sight from the uk would be more like this roughly.

it's very interesting to hear that your son has had a similar experience with his dreams.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I was told in a dream before I came here and read this thread many hours ago that your guardian has given you dreams which are too difficult to pin my interpretation on.

I have interpreted your dreams however so I'll tell you what I see.

When you read about terrible disasters you are given dreams showing that you are standing at your backdoor watching the events unfold. This is your guardian's way of saying that he/she is right behind you watching this terrible world and you are safe with him/her. You're held by your guardian safely watching the tragedies. You and your guardian are as one and you are safe with him/her as she/he is right behind you.

Yeah I know it doesn't make much sense to you but I was told it wouldn't before I read your dreams this morning

new topics

top topics

join