It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we the only intelligent race?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
With all the NOISE...CLAMOR...that humans make...

all the SANE entities left or are hidden

[if your the only one left, then thinking your the most , or only 'intelligence'...is really a trap!! if you turn around fast enough- you'll hear/see the universe laughing at you]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
you know what i think really drags ATS down? idiots who think they are some kind of philosopher or prophet, and speak in halfassed riddles trying to make their mundane points sound more plausible. speak words we can all understand, not just those of us who are eating mushrooms by the pound. and i sure as hell dont mean portabello.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Why are we the only intelligent race?

What !??!? we are an intelligent race ? Damn ! Missed something

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Salem]

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Salem]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Two things, only, that humans posess at the same time along with our brain capacity to analyze, that other creatures do not...

1-We can form a method of communication thru speech and language to easily convey thoughts and feelings.

2-Humans can manipulate objects with their hands with ease.

There are other creatures with near the, same, or better,..brain capacity, but only humans can easily use this, and create with our hands, and are able to communicate thru voice and language, our learned experiences.

We as humans were blessed with all the three things needed to become the superior being on this planet.

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by smirkley]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The dinosaurs were the dominant race for 450 million...let me add the zeros for everyone, 450,000,000 years. Humans 12,000 years dominant. 200,000 plus or minus as a main species.

Who is to say the dinosaurs weren't incredibly advanced but didn't rape resources like humans do to maintain society?

I like to think of humans as an advanced bacteria quite frankly.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i am very surprised that no one has said parrots. they have been know to show intelligence of up to a 6 year old human.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In response to the subject line of this post, I have this to say...

It's a matter of OPINION that Humans are even intelligent much less the ONLY intelligent species...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
there is no other intelligent race because that is the way it is

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i think that there are other intelligent races somewhere in the universe.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
there are more intelligent races. we just cant see them. they have their own world inside of ours. thats what i believe.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm sure there are more intelligent races out there, but as humans, we're too caught up in our own world. In other words, we're a little too cocky for our own good. We are ignorant beings, and such is that, we are afraid to open our eyes and fathom the thought that there might be a series of races out there more intelligent then ourselves. But then again, this is just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
What to think about the Gods which created us to their equals... but then again they are very stupid.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
what if they created our bodies but not our soul complexes?...

would they still be gods because they placed us here by our choice?

but there is a father of all creation in which all of creation comes from...

intelligence is not the retention of facts but the retention of facts is an aspect of intelligence...

i would assume intelligence for man is his ability to have a connection with the father, to have a conscience and a sub- conscious...

in reference to the mundane tasks applied to the brain they are just that easy and mundane, except we are led to believe they are difficult, why?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   

why are they...

what if they created our bodies but not our soul complexes?...

would they still be gods because they placed us here by our choice?

but there is a father of all creation in which all of creation comes from...

i would assume intelligence for man is his ability to have a connection with the father, to have a conscience and a sub- conscious...

in reference to the mundane tasks applied to the brain they are just that easy and mundane, except we are led to believe they are difficult, why?

Why the Gods are stupid� they are the equal of us�
What if they created our bodies� where would then be the idea we even have souls? Because didn�t we receive our souls from God� from heaven?
Where would be the idea of all creation� if our souls weren�t made by him?
What if father is at Sirius� then we wouldn�t be able to contact him� and then we would be connected by him when the Messias returns� in 2012 like the Mayans and Egyptians said�
What if the brain is difficult? What if the brain gives us the feeling we have souls? What if the brain is the sourche for telepathy etc.? Where would then be the idea of a simple task?

Have we had any right in saying were we wanted to be? No the Gods placed us here� and yes they stay Gods� because we named them that way� but what when in 2012 the Gods turn out to be quite different then you had expected them to be?

Would you then consider reading the Gospel of Thomas again
www.gnosis.org...

Would you then realise that he wasn�t just some speaker which talked nonsense about God� would you then realise that what is said in that Gospel fits in all the other religions� but that the interpretation has been uncorrect�

Ps. my mouse is badly damaged... so I don't know if I can talk about this today anymore... tomorrow I will buy a new mouse...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Human Race is fairly intelligent, some of the time anyway, but certainly not so much that all other forms of life are beyond compare. We do have amazing potential and display very impressive skills and talents when we choose to explore them. However, a lot of the time Humans basically go about acting and living in ways very similar to some kind of "Super-Monkey" unfortunatly.
For example:
I don't find War & Genocide to be very Intelligent.
I don't find Species Extinction from acts of Greed or Arrogance Intelligent.
I don't find Creation of Toxic/Nuclear/Genetic Waste and Viruses Intelligent.
I don't find Gluttonous, Selfish Destruction of our Planet and Home Intelligent.
I don't find the continued Abuse or Manipulation of Less Capable Creatures Intelligent.
....and so on and so forth.....I could go on for a while but I don't want to concentrate on the negative stuff too much, ya know.........Besides, I think the Human Race is about to make some serious changes for the better soon and hopefully clear up our shakey track record.

Here's some proof about the Dolphin's being some real smart and capable suckers!!! There are others too, but Dolphin's I find truely amazing and way under appreciated.....

A physicist would marvel at some of the play behavior observed in young dolphins at the Project Delphis laboratory. They blow underwater bubble rings by injecting air into water vortices, about the thickness of a straw and 1 to 2 feet in diameter. The rings don't rise to the surface! The babies play with these underwater toys by moving them around with their rostrum, or biting them. They even bounce the rings off the wall, and elongate them with a flick of their dorsal fins into 15 foot corkscrews.

www.earthtrust.org...

How Do Dolphins Communicate With Each Other?
Communication between a mother dolphin and her two-year old baby was explored using a two-way acoustic and one-way video link set up between two tanks. The baby dolphin was able to talk to its mother on the phone, as well as see her on the TV monitor. The result was an intense exchange of conversation between the two with the baby vocalizing and its mother responding. We are still analyzing recordings of this experiment. While dolphins do not seem to have a linear language like humans do, it seems like some high-level communication is taking place.

www.wtv-zone.com...

Well, that should get ya started. You may also want to look up info about the similar structure of the Human and Dolphin Brain as well. Cool stuff man!!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Mojom... where do you see the intelligence if menkind just follows their instinct... and their instinct always wins..

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
Mojom... where do you see the intelligence if menkind just follows their instinct... and their instinct always wins..

Humankind doesn't always just follow their instinct and instinct doesn't always win over reasoning. Instinct may certainly have lead Humankind to communication, procreation, habitation and celebration for example. However, it was our intellect and reasoning capabilities of logical thought, creativity, etc. that allowed basic instinctual "Communication" to become a variety of spoken and written language as well as poetry, stories, lyrics, opera, and artistic expression. "Procreation" to expand into Kama Sutra, Sex Toys, Tantra, Many Many Positions, Various ways of Child Birth, Incubators, C-Sections, Condoms, French-Ticklers, Ultrasound, etc. "Habitation" to become living structures from simple huts and houses to skyscrapers and castles and even ships and cars and trains and planes. "Celebration" into Holidays, Birthdays, Graduation, Tea Parties, Concerts, Gaming and Gambling, etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Isn't all of what you have mentioned not just things which make life better... which increase the joy of living... also something given from the instinct...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
Isn't all of what you have mentioned not just things which make life better... which increase the joy of living... also something given from the instinct...

I don't think I'm understanding what you're trying to point out. Or perhaps I'm not getting what you mean by "Instinct".

For example, both myself and my dog have the instinct to provide or acquire food for ourselves when hungry. However as a Human I have the intelligence to Produce Food by Farming and Irrigation, Make Pies and Breads and cook my food with spices and even plan out a Diet and regulate vitamin intake. My dog, although quite clever and inventive at times falls very short of having such Intellectual ability to possibly plan out such things let alone create them into a functioning part of her reality. For an even more vivid example Human do sometimes deny their instinct to feed themselves when hungry for reasons of "Feeling to Fat and Unattractive" or "Fasting for Religious Reasons". Those are consepts of Reasoning and Logic Thought, not instinctual.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
For an even more vivid example Human do sometimes deny their instinct to feed themselves when hungry for reasons of "Feeling to Fat and Unattractive" or "Fasting for Religious Reasons". Those are consepts of Reasoning and Logic Thought, not instinctual.

isn't it the instinct which says they want to be attractive for men so more men want to reproduce with them... that's also just instinctual...

Isn't everything we do done because we want to increase our chances of ourselves... and the chances of survival of the race itself...

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join