It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Downtime on 9/27/2006

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I have that waiting for me at home.

1988 huh???

good year...

i was born on that year

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by behindthescenes
MY! ATS must pay you well!

ATS?!?!?!?

ATS has never "paid us" ANYTHING, it rarely covers its own expenses and one day like this will set us back months on that score.
This man, (SkepticOverlord), Simon's and my partner, handled all of this while running his division at his DAY JOB.

IF ATS ever gets to the point it can simply "pay us back" for investments already made I'd be impressed!

Springer...

[edit on 9-27-2006 by Springer]

If ya'll lived nearby, I'd each give you guys a 20.

Great job on getting the servers up and running again, thanks.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I appreciate what you've done, SO. It is never fun without ATS. In fact, without your hard work, we wouldn't have a place to engage in our daily dramas and intellectual talk.

Enjoy your drink with an extra toast from me.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm Drinking Jägermeister

Because I have a cold.

Yeah, that's it.

Thumbs up to the Overlord.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I was sure planet had messed up again.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
SO, your wonderfulness defies words.

Thanks for bringing us back up so quickly.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have to admit, I did experience a freaky. empty feeling in my stomach when I couldn't log on, and of course my first thought was "who is infilterating the server?!?"

I look forward to my ATS time and I did feel lonely to know I wouldn't have any contact with the familiar characters/people on ATS.

I am glad we are on-line again and I am glad those of you who put forth the effort to fix it up are committed to this adventure and care as you do!!!

Cheers, and thanks for all you do.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I know return you to your regular hourly does of paranoia. (I'm headed for the scotch)

(Looks like you've already been tippin the bottle SO) :w:

Thanks for working so hard to keep ATS such a great place to read and share so much different info and perspectives!

Sincerely,
HS

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I was not around to be aware of the situation.

I avoided that cold sweat, the shakes and a general feeling of malaise.

Thank you for fixing the problem before i became aware.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
YEAH ScepticOverlord. Thank you. Excellent work.

Have one on me too.

[Whew. So glad you got it strainghtened out. I thought I was banned.
]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Major Props SO.

Dont ya hate having to tell techs how to do their job. Gotta love the yahoo installing geeksquads out there that make real techs lives miserable. Hey i can install yahoo messenger, give me a tech job....ARGH

I missed out on the down time while runnin around puttin out server fires all day myself. Dunno what id do without my MTDew code red and ATS time b4 i get the little lady up and runnin for work. Way to go SO, you da SuperMan. A Few Scotches are well deserved for ya man.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
SO

SO

Thanks

Semper

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks SkepticOverlord, you are awesome. Glad to see ATS back online. I was very concerned. Drink one or two for me. On second thought drink as many as you like. You earned it.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Way to go...thanks for all of your hard work. It is very much appreciated by all.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

As you all know, we had some downtime today.

Some critical server maintenance and upgrades were begun, and the firm hired to do the work started on all our servers at once, rather than one at a time. The result was a hard-crash of all ATS servers as one of the updates ended up conflicting with existing customizations.

How hard is it to follow directions?... Geez. Thanks for puting up with, and teaching those outsourced vendors how to do their job. At any rate... huge thanks for getting the site back up and running again with minimal downtime and no loss of data!

[edit on 27-9-2006 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Our own S.O. had to teach the technicians exactly how to restore our beloved ATS.

I must have been alseep when ATS went down.
By the sounds of it the technicians were pretty unprofessional they could have at least done there homework or refered you to someone else.

I cant even crack the IT job market and there are people like that woking in the industry.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Give 'em a smack upside the head for me, too. God spare us from techgeeks who can't even do their jobs. Well done, SO.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hold up, Hold up, Hold Up!!

This wasn't a prolonged moment of silence for my birthday?

Oh the dissapointment.

Maybe next year... maybe next year.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thank you SO......

When I first couldn't log onto ATS, I found that I started to break out in a cold sweat.
When I tried to log on again, the beads of sweat were rolling down my face, I felt flushed and my hands started to shake.
When I couldn't log on after my third try, I broke down in tears and I rolled into a heap on the floor where I remained for about an hour.

I was in the throughs of a full-fledged ATS withdrawal.

When, out of desperation, I tried logging in again ..... I got through.

Thank god.

But the implications of this are troubling......The Three Amigos are my "dealers" and they "push" information, news and a whole host cerebral stimulii.

My name is the "benevolent tyrant" and I'm an ATS addict. ..... and I have no intention on quitting -- ever.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
My name is the "benevolent tyrant" and I'm an ATS addict. ..... and I have no intention on quitting -- ever.

There is an AAA movement within Ontario, benevolent tyrant. The Abovetopsecret Addiction Association. It meets at Sneaky Dees yearly, but the 7-step program (6 beers and a taco) has proven very ineffectual.

There is no hope for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join