It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Catholic Riot?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wow....this just goes to show you how empowered Muslims feel lately.

When the Danish newspaper ran the Mahommad cartoon, the uproar and violence swelled to such deafening levels, it was near rediculous.

It has only worsened since. And while surmounted in rhetoric, it's a worry to wonder just how much longer will Mideast leaders, surrounded by virulent clerics and an empowered, radical populace, will be able to resist making good on the threats or at least supporting the parties willing to do something.

With that said, where is the Catholic riot? Being a Catholic, you would think I should take offense to this. In fact, violent offense...perhaps riot up and down the streets of the capital, burning the plo leadership in effigy.

But no. That's not how we play the game. In fact, I find the cartoon to be kinda funny. Wrong and misdirected, but funny. Even if I took complete offense to it, I still wouldn't be rioting on the streets.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Luckly, us Christians as a whole have generally evolved past imposing our beliefs on others, cherishing freedom of expression and the open marketplace of ideas over inquisitions and conversion by the sword. Unfortunately our Muslim brothers have not reached that point, and feel anything that goes outside their own personal interpretation of religion deserves retribution, death, etc....

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wow, that site is very hateful. I don't know why there isi'nt a roit, i don't think there should be I mean, it'd be stupid arguing back and forth, and potentially harming people in the process. But yeah the remarks about the pope, and the cartoons are ridiculous. They really portrey hate towards the U.S, but not as much as against Isreal. Maybe another reason people are'nt reacting to this, they simply hav'nt herd the word yet. Wait and see and you might have your roit...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
We turn the other cheek. Therefore, we win. There is no point in hurting innocent people because someone drew a nasty picture of the pope. We may disagree with it, but we accept their right to draw it. They are just jealous of us.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Luckly, us Christians as a whole have generally evolved past imposing our beliefs on others,

:0
*falls down laughing*

cherishing freedom of expression and the open marketplace of ideas over inquisitions and conversion by the sword.

Except, of course, for the christian zealots, who, like hte muslim zealots, just go out and kill people that they disagree with.

macdonagh
We turn the other cheek. Therefore, we win.

Very few christians are pacifists, that 'turn the other cheek' business meant absolute pacifism, not even struggling against evil when it directly attacks you.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Except, of course, for the christian zealots, who, like hte muslim zealots, just go out and kill people that they disagree with.

We turn the other cheek. Therefore, we win.

Very few christians are pacifists, that 'turn the other cheek' business meant absolute pacifism, not even struggling against evil when it directly attacks you.

1) What "christian zealots" are you referring to? And I mean specifically those that "just go out and kill people that they disagree with."
I think I'm pretty well-versed on current events, and I can't think of any incidents of "Christians" strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up marketplaces or public gathering places because there are a bunch of Muslims there.

2) The "Turn the other cheek business" as you put is does not in fact mean "absolute pacifism." True Christians can, yes, take and swallow persecution, violence, condemnation without reaction. In fact, we are commanded to do so. But it in no mean indicates that Christians are forced to stand by and not defend themselves from aggression. Absolute pacifism means, if I'm gathering your inference, that I must stand by and pray as armed men shoot my family members one at a time -- as was a case back in the '60's I believe with a Quaker family.

If this opinion is being fueled by the Iraq war, then remember -- we never entered that war professing to exterminate all Muslims because they deny a Christian belief.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It is time that we start to take back our rights and our freedoms back, the idea that we should bow down to the radical Muslims; a new crusade is the only way that we can regain our stability.
If the fiery sword is what is needed than its time that there holy sites should be held hostage Mecca and other holly sites, it is the only way to get the non radical Moslems to turn against the radicals.
Once you threaten total annihilation of holly sites, a new mindset might come through.
As the saying goes they are developing nuclear bombs but we have them and its time that they find out, and if we are worried about north coria Fck them for every one bomb they have we have hundreds if not thousands and fck central America they cant take care of them selves with out our help its time the world grows balls and the United States needs to get there act tighter and stop being the bich of the world.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by cmaracing]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
What "christian zealots" are you referring to?

The KKK the Christian Identity movement, radicalized polygamist cults, the Branch Davidians, anti-abortion bombers, etc etc.

And I mean specifically those that "just go out and kill people that they disagree with."

Please see the above.
As far as the ones that don't go out and kill people, but try to change the constitution to outlaw gay marraige because of the christian holy book, or steal secular funds to pay for religious movements, interfere with public education in health and science on religious grounds, etc, well, that'd be a larger list.

I think I'm pretty well-versed on current events, and I can't think of any incidents of "Christians" strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up marketplaces or public gathering places because there are a bunch of Muslims there.

Quite. Usually the christian zealots kill other christians, ones that they think aren't 'christian' enough.

The "Turn the other cheek business" as you put is does not in fact mean "absolute pacifism."

It absolutely means 'do not struggle against evil'. Jesus gave caesar what was his (the world to the world) and left spiritual matters entirely up to the individual.

True Christians can, yes, take and swallow persecution, violence, condemnation without reaction.

Rather, the reverse is true, the inflict persecution, violence, and condemnation upon other religions and then expect them not to complain about it. True, this is less common in the here and now within christendom, but then agian, on the other hand, "christendom" has been tempered by the rationalistic Enlightenment and secularism. And besides, the christians have pretty much exterminated any 'non-christian' religion that they've come across anyway, whereas at Islam, infact, hasn't.

But it in no mean indicates that Christians are forced to stand by and not defend themselves from aggression.

Christians aren't 'required' to beleive in jesus either, but usually one takes the recommendations of the founder of a faith relatively seriously. Jesus said when someone strikes you in the face, not not fight, to not even resist or flee, but simply to offer up the other cheek to be also struck. Thats called 'absolute pacifism'.

that I must stand by and pray as armed men shoot my family members one at a time

Indeed. Heck, you'd have to point out where the larger stores of cash are, and not even run away if the oppurtunity arose. Hey, I didn't make up the rules.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Case in point:

Originally posted by cmaracing
It is time that we start to take back our rights and our freedoms back, the idea that we should bow down to the radical Muslims; a new crusade is the only way that we can regain our stability.
If the fiery sword is what is needed than its time that there holy sites should be held hostage Mecca and other

"We must kill and attack the muslims and their holy sites because they have insulted our sensibilities and our religion with their protests and demonstrations'.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
protests and demonstrations that is all? Do you live on this planet?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We are in reference of growing some balls

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just got reprimanded and had a statement on an opinion of mine sencerd, and it was not directed ant anyone but just an overall opinion. This is freedom right? Thanks NYGDAN

[edit on 28-9-2006 by cmaracing]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Doctor Strangelove from 'How I Learned To Love The Bomb'..... after reading this 'Thread'... was thinking that u 'guys' get off, coming to the 'tune' of 'nuke the bastards'...

Maybe 'Nygdan' is 'exempt' n I ain't kissing his/her ass butt u 'religious fanatics' need a 'butt' ajustment... JC, is the King of Love, no fn doubt about it !

Lolove n luck n good sex/emotions/passion/humor/health/etc !

Ave Maria ! u guys should 'think' like the Real Madonna ! n get it on with ur GOD of LOVE !

[Peter Sellars was 'bad' in Lolita tooo, lol] omg !

[edit on 29-9-2006 by georgejohn]

new topics

top topics

join