It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Lasers Versus America's Satellites

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
[edit on 11-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

[edit on 11-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

Your quote says you'll show me the truth...now fess up dear friend. What gives with the edit. If not for public consumption please U2U me. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I found an article that was published back in 1999 that was stating China had some pretty high tech lasers. If they had good capabilities then,I would imagine they are exceptional now. Here is a blurb

China advancing laser weapons program
Technology equals or surpasses U.S. capability

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 22, 1999
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jon E. Dougherty
© 1999 WorldNetDaily.com

Not only is the Chinese military advancing rapidly in the field of anti-satellite, anti-missile laser weapon technology, but its technology equals or surpasses U.S. laser weapons capabilities currently under development, informed sources have told WorldNetDaily.

According to Mark Stokes, a military author specializing in Chinese weapons development, Beijing's efforts to harness laser weapons technology began in the 1960s, under a program called Project 640-3, sanctioned by Chairman Mao Tse-tung. The Chinese, he said, renamed the project the "863 Program" in 1979, after a Chinese researcher named Sun Wanlin convinced the Central Military Commission "to maintain the pace and even raise the priority of laser development" in 1979.

1999 Article

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Nobody would like a known future threat. And no I am not the ONLY person who thinks that way. Didn't you post something Donald Rumsfeld said, you know about a Chinese threat? I doubt he and I are the only people who think that way

LOL, you're going to quote Donald Rumsfield? Of all people... him? Even if you people view China as a "threat," what do you propose? Bombing the hell out of them? Invading them?

Instead of comtemplating ways of befriending China and starting off better relations, you suggest we figure out ways to contain and destroy them? Thank God nearly everyone else figures out that former would be better than the latter.

What else would the west be using China for?

And those "millions" of other places are being used already. India, Nepal, etc. All being used!
Isn't that nice of the west...helping developing countries and all?

Wow... You actually believe the only reason the West "needs" China is because of cheap labor? This, I believe, is a new low... even for you retinoid. lol, "already being used." In your logic, there wouldn't be unemployment in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, etc. would there? LOL, think again... please... just THINK again.

If China's cheap labor was thing the west "needed" and that the west could destroy China's economy by switching ot other nations instead, than using that logic, what kind of threat is there?

You seem to forget, that this trade game is a two-way street. Both the United States and China benefit from each other GREATLY. Isn't the United States 8 trillion dollars in debt, and who is paying for that? Any type of trade war would be a disaster for both nations.

f Taiwan attacks China though, then they would be no doubt supported by more countries.

LOL, NAME ONE. Your statements get more ridiculous everytime you post. Name ONE country that would support Taiwan attacking China. LOL, how do I even respond to such an idiotic statement?

First of all, retinoid, the United States has stated that if Taiwan causes ANY anger by even HINTING towards independence, the U.S. would drop it's policy of defending Taiwan. So... how does your statement even remotely make sense?

Let's be serious though. China's main goal at the moment is to become an economic power and help their many impoverished people. They will not be able to do that with attacking Taiwan, being condemned by the US, EU, and Japan, and investors from all these countries withdrawing their investments from China due to this crisis.

I would also like to know what would happen to the U.S.'s economy when China starts dumping trillions of dollars...

That would be ridiculous if I said that without proof that the EU would defend Taiwan militarily. But it is also ridiculous for you to say the EU would support an invasion by China to Taiwan.

Uh... sir? I have PROVED many times that members of the EU support an invasion by China to Taiwan. Do you even READ my posts? France has passed a law PERMITTING China to invade Taiwan.

Ridiculous huh?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

LOL, you're going to quote Donald Rumsfield? Of all people... him? Even if you people view China as a "threat," what do you propose? Bombing the hell out of them? Invading them?

Why would I want to bomb anyone? I don't like the Chinese government, the people are the people. They aren't a threat to Western dominance. If anything, the Chinese people like the West and want China to become more like the West some day.

Instead of comtemplating ways of befriending China and starting off better relations, you suggest we figure out ways to contain and destroy them?

Contain them...yes.

Wow... You actually believe the only reason the West "needs" China is because of cheap labor? This, I believe, is a new low... even for you retinoid. lol, "already being used." In your logic, there wouldn't be unemployment in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, etc. would there? LOL, think again... please... just THINK again.

Why else does the West need China? And India, Nepal, etc. are being used for cheap labor as I have already stated.

If China's cheap labor was thing the west "needed" and that the west could destroy China's economy by switching ot other nations instead, than using that logic, what kind of threat is there?

What other nations can take the place of China? They should start with African ones.

You seem to forget, that this trade game is a two-way street. Both the United States and China benefit from each other GREATLY. Isn't the United States 8 trillion dollars in debt, and who is paying for that? Any type of trade war would be a disaster for both nations.

I am not forgetting that at all. One of the reasons why I don't think there will be a world war in the near future because economies are too interdependent. You are right, the US is in 8 trillion dollars in debt. Look at the percentage of the debt is of the GDP. When you look at it that way, it is not some MAGNANIMOUS HORRIBLE number.

And China of course buys some of US debt...but US investors and businesses and Europe buy most of it. With Japan.

LOL, NAME ONE. Your statements get more ridiculous everytime you post. Name ONE country that would support Taiwan attacking China. LOL, how do I even respond to such an idiotic statement?

My statement isn't ridiculous, because you misunderstood. I said if Taiwan attacked China, China would be supported at attacking Taiwan.

I would also like to know what would happen to the U.S.'s economy when China starts dumping trillions of dollars...

I would like to know what would happen to China's economy when China starts dumping trillions of dollars.

Uh... sir? I have PROVED many times that members of the EU support an invasion by China to Taiwan. Do you even READ my posts? France has passed a law PERMITTING China to invade Taiwan.

If France withdrew support when Israel attacked Lebanon due to "terrorism". There is no way they will support China if they go into Taiwan and kill people because they want to annex the country. Nor would Europe. Nor would the US. And you can BET Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, etc. won't either. And then Japan will get nuclear weapons faster than a snap.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Why else does the West need China? And India, Nepal, etc. are being used for cheap labor as I have already stated.

Then cuoldn't the US and EU move ALL of their cheap labor to India, Nepal, etc. instead of having them in China if China really is such a threat that they MUST be contained? DOn't you get it at all? The logic your using is complete nonsense. I suggest you do some reading... anyone here can tell you that the China is good for not only its "cheap labor."

And China of course buys some of US debt...but US investors and businesses and Europe buy most of it. With Japan.

Actually, you are wrong. How very wrong, and now that just proves your pulling information out of your ass. Retinoid, China is the number ONE buyer of US treasury notes...

If France withdrew support when Israel attacked Lebanon due to "terrorism". There is no way they will support China if they go into Taiwan and kill people because they want to annex the country. Nor would Europe. Nor would the US. And you can BET Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, etc. won't either. And then Japan will get nuclear weapons faster than a snap.

Okay, France did not SPECIFICALLy state they would allow Israel to attack Lebanon. The logic you use is COMPLETELy irrelevant. However, rance did SPECIFICALLY state they would allow the PRC to attack and invade Taiwan. The EU and US all support a one-china policy and the US have stated that if Taiwan makes any gesture towards Independence, the US would drop ALL support for defending it. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? All I'm getting from you is your opinion and your dreams... I'm presenting you with the FACTS. Please, either learn to read or learn to THINK.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Actually, you are wrong. How very wrong, and now that just proves your pulling information out of your ass. Retinoid, China is the number ONE buyer of US treasury notes...

God why are you so condescending? I said US investors and businesses and Europe and Japan buy most of US debt. Together they buy more than China does. So I am not pulling information out of anywhere.

I'm presenting you with the FACTS. Please, either learn to read or learn to THINK.

Okay, there must be some online disease where people have to put down others in debates and it is so aggravating seriously.

You are right, the EU says this, the US says that. Wait till it happens. And wait till Taiwanese people are getting killed. And wait till tensions rise in the region. And then we can see how much they support China. All I am saying

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Lol retinoid... again I'm supposed to take your word for it? What kind of debate is this?

I present you with facts, statements, policies and your rebuttals are your dreams, opinions, and thoughts.

A bit pathetic...

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
Lol retinoid... again I'm supposed to take your word for it? What kind of debate is this?

It is not my word, it is just observations. The world doesn't support things once people are getting killed and there is no reason for it.

People will get killed in Taiwan, and people will say it is Chinese imperialism. Nobody cares if it belonged to China or not once upon a time, only Chinese people do.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm appualled at the way this thread has been derailed from a discussion of a new anti-spy defence and the connotations of being able to defend your country from intrusive observation to a fanatical China vs US ignorance fest.

Certain posters here are NOT denying ignorance.
They are promoting it.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

It is not my word, it is just observations. The world doesn't support things once people are getting killed and there is no reason for it.

I see... so I'm supposed to take your observations on a situation that WON'T even happen? China will only invade Taiwan if it declares independence... and if it does, the US will drop all support of it's policy to defend it. The U.S. has stated this. Again, it is your fantasy against reality.

People will get killed in Taiwan, and people will say it is Chinese imperialism. Nobody cares if it belonged to China or not once upon a time, only Chinese people do.

You are SO very ignorant of mainland China and Taiwan. Taiwan IS an island/region of the Republic of China. Taiwan is just a part of the greater Republic of China which used to include all of mainland China. Since there is no way possible the RoC can reunify the Chinese people, it is now up to the PRC to do so... which it will, peacefullly.

Also, when you mention Chinese people, 98.5% of the people on Taiwan are Han Chinese which is a greater percentage than that of mainland China... again, which "China" are you mentioning of?

Back on topic now... I wonder what the U.S. would do if China had satellites spying on America? If you had the ability to blind those satellites, would you not?

[edit on 12-10-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

You are SO very ignorant of mainland China and Taiwan. Taiwan IS an island/region of the Republic of China. Taiwan is just a part of the greater Republic of China which used to include all of mainland China. Since there is no way possible the RoC can reunify the Chinese people, it is now up to the PRC to do so... which it will, peacefullly.

Also, when you mention Chinese people, 98.5% of the people on Taiwan are Han Chinese which is a greater percentage than that of mainland China... again, which "China" are you mentioning of?

[edit on 12-10-2006 by k4rupt]

that's actually very true, the OFFICIAL name for Taiwan is REPUBLIC OF CHINA (ROC), that's the official name for china before the end of the chinese civil war, and the new name for china is PEOPLE REPUBLIC OF CHINA (PRC), the chinese civil war in the 1940's supposed to "liberate" all china.
However, it got interrupted by the starting of KOREAN WAR. Taiwan became a unsolved issue left behind the chinese civil war.
For 40 years, both china mainland and taiwan emphasized on the idea of "Eventual Reunification", so the issue had left form the civil war and slowly to fade away from ppl's mind as they believed things will eventually be solved over time.
However, due to the reformation of the taiwan new legal system in the early 1990's and the fall of the Nationalist Party, the new taiwanese government introduce a different idea of "pro-taiwan independence" rather than "eventually reunification".
This once again brought up all the left over problems from the civil war. As the new generation of taiwanese ppl starts to become more pro-indepence, the situation worsened. This problem was farthur worsened by the US's promise of diffending Taiwan in a possible war, and giving the current taiwanese rulling party the greenlight to push its ppl towards farthur indepence. The originally simple problem suddenly became very complicated.
Once again a tension has been created between the PRC and US as the half centry old unsolved issue being brought up once again.

[edit on 10/13/2006 by warset]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join