It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw info on a nasty Christian camp on GMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is lovely stuff. Just saw a story on Good Morning America about a Christian camp somewhere in the United States that has kids in it as young as 6. It's an Evengelical Christian camp and one of the many things they are brainwashing into the minds of these young children is that if Jesus was alive he would have Harry Potter burned at the stake? First of all Harry Potter is a fictional character....so I'm not sure where they are going with that. I guess they mean if Harry Potter was a real character.

Burned at the stake? Doesn't sound very Christian to me (actually, I'm sorry, it sounds very Christian). Why doesn't this group have a big book burning party while they are at it. What is it...the dark ages? It's 2006 for Christ's sake (pardon the pun). When are the out of control Evangelists going to be made to suffer reprocussions for the brainwashing and child abuse they are performing on these children??

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Actually....some of the children at this camp are as young as 5. They are being brainwashed and scared into believing they are somehow evil and need to repent their sins. What kind of sins does a 5 year old have? Why should this disgusting organization make them cry and fear for their lives?....at a "Christian Camp."

Seeing this on TV reminded me of Nazi Germany with its camps for Nazi youths. This is what some Christians want now...there children to be brainwashed into submission? As I said before, the people running this camp and the parents allowing their children to be abused should all be arrested for child abuse!!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Links?

Research?

Evidence?

I would love to see this if you have some info???

Semper

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It's called Jesus Camp and there is a movie out about it. Here is a thread on it.

Jesus Camp

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Links?

Research?

Evidence?

I would love to see this if you have some info???

As I stated, it was on GMA yesterday and today.

Here's a link: abcnews.go.com...

As the poster above mentioned, there is also a video on the site. Pretty disturbing!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well I am a Christian (and even if I wasn't) and I don't want my kids to watch Harry Potter - or any of that other garbage feed to children from disney, Cartoon Network, etc. I prefer to raise my children myself - not have them babysat by the television (which can be, oh so convenient at times), a television that feeds them violence and immorality.

Many complain about the troubles in society today in comparison to those which were evident in the 50's - could this be the effect of the above mentioned visual garbage spoon fed to our children?

I disagree with the practice (as mentioned) of accusing children of sin as I think this is totally ridiculous... Jesus Loves the Little Children!

God Bless

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 28-9-2006 by sobolwolf]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
very scary stuff indeed. in the video mrwupy posted, a man asks the crowd who would give their lives for jesus and all those little kids (about age 5 to 8) and their parents raised their hands. and at the end, there was a lady is screaming "this means war!"...kind of makes you wonder what they plan to do with a generation of radical christians huh?

[edit on 28-9-2006 by daedalas]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Someone stole my idea for this thread. I think my title stinks....that's why!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think that thread has been around a lot longer than yours.

Anyway, as i stated in that thread, i think it is quite ridiculous what the children are being put through in that camp.

The world has seen enough of Extremist Christians already to last an eternity. We certainly do not need any more extremists of any kind, including the Christian variety.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I think that thread has been around a lot longer than yours.

Yup...my bad. I should have looked at the dates. I'm the one who has posted a topic already on here. Mods, you should close this one....

But I agree....the Jesus Camp thing is horrific.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
THEY MAKE THE CHILDREN STAND IN FRONT OF A PICTURE OF BUSH AND PRAY OVER HIM.!!!!!

I saw the clip on the Olbermann show.

These little kids are being brainwashed!!!! They're made to cry to Jesus...This is the most obnoxious and sad thing i have ever seen in my life!!!!!

It brought back so many memories of when Castro took over Cuba and as a little child in school i was forced to look at his image every day in school and salute it!!!!

What is this country coming to??????

Brainwashing sessions for the children. OMG.

I certainly hope this appears on YouTube- people need to see this one.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This little story deserves to be up front, center-stage.

Everyone here on ATS should read this. I am outraged.

I was going to post it this morning, because it bothered me so much when i saw the clip last night.

I hope to see many more comment on this. Thank you to the author for posting this thread.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I saw the clip on TV. I can't say that I have seen the whole thing.

What I did see .. I didn't like. As much as I don't like what I saw, the parents have a right to raise their children as they see fit. Abuse would have to be proven in a court of law and while you and I believe that it is abuse to raise a child to hate anyone who doesn't worship God as they do ... it's their right to teach their children to hate.

And yes, I do say it's hate. I lived for 9 years in 'the bible belt' and the entire time I had to deal with their version of 'love' down there.

I'm sure that not all fundamentalists hate ... but my experience in Alabama leads me to believe that many do and that's what I worry about for those children on the tape.

However, unless abuse can be proven in court .. it's their right to teach them their religion and to encourage the hate that naturally comes from that type of environment.

I don't know if there is anything that can actually be done about it. I'm sure the parents have a martyr complex and if people started to speak against what they are doing, they'd just say that they were martyrs for God .. or something like that.

Edited to add - I wonder how the Islamic Madrassas started? Betchya just like this. What happens in them now? They learn to go out and kill those who don't worship God the same way. I hope the adults in charge of these Christian camps understand that.

Again - I admit - I didn't see the whole thing. Just a few minutes of it.

[edit on 9/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Edited to add - I wonder how the Islamic Madrassas started? Betchya just like this. What happens in them now? They learn to go out and kill those who don't worship God the same way. I hope the adults in charge of these Christian camps understand that.

I think your right next we will be seeing christian suicide bombers once they find the justification in the bible. This is nothing but good old fashioned brain washing.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's one group, extremists in their own right, who are not representative of the overall Christian faith.

Take it for what it's worth.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There is a current thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add any further comments to that thread.

Thanks.

top topics

join