It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Claim To Have Discovered Where Ghosts Come From

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Swiss doctors while treating for epilepsy say they have also discovered where ghosts come from. During electrical stimulation to areas of the brain the patient claims to have seen a ghost. The researchers are claiming that this could also explain experiences such as ghost and UFO encounters.

During the electrical stimulation to certain brain areas doctors touched a spot known as the left temporoparietal junction, which is responsible for coordination. Cosmos Magazine reports that when this happened the woman claimed that she saw a ghost who was mimicking her every movement.

Though the feeling was artificially produced, she did not recognize the ghost as an illusion. According to the woman’s account when she would try to sit up or lean forward the “shadow person” copied her pose and embraced her in his arms - a feeling she described as “unpleasant.”

sorce link

Not everyone has seen a ghost, and plenty of people have seen a ghost. I have not, but I don't think this can explain where all ghosts come from. The images captchered by photography for one instance.
There are plenty of strange things that happen out there I am sure this will not explain all of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yeah i think anyone who see's a ghost is just haulucinating as well same with these people who think they have psi etc it's all in their heads.

This is probably why people see UFO's and other wacky stuff as well. I know for a fact ghosts are some type of halucination because when i was a kid I seen one myself the giveaway is that it looked like I thought ghosts looked like a big white sheet and 2 black eyes.

It was scary at the time but now I can appreciate the tricks the mind can play on people.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This explains away some things. Obviously if the ghost was "mimicking everything she does" it is the same as seeing a white spot in the same place you look all the time because you have a "floater" in your eye. But what about ghosts that act independantly, or that you only see once and a while?

I don't think we can say "Anyone who sees a ghost is hallucinating". Lots of people see ghosts and are told information by them that they shouldn't be able to know otherwise, they can describe what the ghost looks like and it matches the description of someone who was alive, and other things that could rule out it just being a malfunction in the brain. I don't think schizophrenia or disorders in the brain can rule it out entirely.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I do think this is good information that will have good uses. I have not seen a ghost but I do rember one time many years ago I did spend one evening haucianting. Was not a plesent exsperence.

I still got to say though that there is plenty of things out there that we dont understand, so can not rule out a spiritual entity entirely.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It may be true, but I do not think it covers everything, maybe a small fraction.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by sdrawkcab]

top topics

join