It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 Commission Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Has anyone actually read the Commission Report?

My birthday is tomorrow and well my girlfriend understands my fascination with the events of 9/11. I've read the first twenty pages so far and its basically a walk through of the morning events with how Otta and the other terrorists were able to breeze through the metal detectors and other security. So I have high hopes for it as it does have alot of information to provide, but I'm wondering if it would get alittle boring at times.

Please, No Conspiracies Here!

This is strictly on the book of the 9/11 Commission Report.

I would love to hear some thoughts from the members who have actually read the report.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Here is a video that shows how the victims' families were treated during the Commission's investigation. They submitted detailed questions for various witnesses, which the Commission ignored, substituting softball questions for each witness.

There's also a great moment towards the end. After some unwelcome publicity, Bush, Cheney and Rice are to appear before the Commission - but Bush and Cheney are to appear together, not separately, and NOT under oath, and in closed session. At a press conference Bush is asked why he and Cheney are being interviewed together rather than separately, and the evasiveness of his answer is astonishing. Check the look in his eyes as the reporter tries to pin him down on this.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Please, No Conspiracies Here!

This is strictly on the book of the 9/11 Commission Report.

I would love to hear some thoughts from the members who have actually read the report.

Insulting at best rich23,

Complete disregard for the original posters requests. You clearly haven't read the report either.

I for one, have read the report in full. It is a great read and I highly recommend it. There are some bits that are a bit dull but if you read on through them you'll be pleased.

Took me a few weeks to get though but it was well worth it

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
My reply reflected my feelings on how the report was compiled. I have not read it cover to cover, but I have read it enough to bear out the suggestions that it's a very poor attempt to cover the events of that day. I didn't go into any specific conspiracies and certainly meant no insult to the op.

I'm glad you think it's a great read. I find it highly insulting and frustrating.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
I for one, have read the report in full. It is a great read and I highly recommend it. There are some bits that are a bit dull but if you read on through them you'll be pleased.

Took me a few weeks to get though but it was well worth it

My hats off to you. Thank you for taking a moment and giving me your opinion.

I've laid the book down for the last few weeks unfortunately, but I am determined to get back at it. I hate when I stop a book, its tough to get back into it. I've left Angels & Demons on the shelf for about 8 months now.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
My hats off to you. Thank you for taking a moment and giving me your opinion.

I've laid the book down for the last few weeks unfortunately, but I am determined to get back at it. I hate when I stop a book, its tough to get back into it. I've left Angels & Demons on the shelf for about 8 months now.

Don't you hate that! Happens to me all the time these days
Find myself looking at a book in the stores thinking how much I want to read it... only to remember It'll probably end up on the shelf for months lol.

My reply reflected my feelings on how the report was compiled. I have not read it cover to cover, but I have read it enough to bear out the suggestions that it's a very poor attempt to cover the events of that day. I didn't go into any specific conspiracies and certainly meant no insult to the op.

I'm glad you think it's a great read. I find it highly insulting and frustrating.

Fair call,

At first it sounded like you hadn't read any of the report and were just pushing a message. My Mistake.

Different opinions are healthy if anything. So I'm glad you have an individual opinion on the matter regardless of the fact it differs to my own

join