It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RANT: is there anywhere else to go ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
RANT: is there anywhere else to go ?

Maybe my “tolerance threshold” is dropping as I get older , but too many things I see nowadays really make me question the way things are going .

My mate says I am just a “ bitter and twisted old B£$%^&D “

But the perceived need for a sign like this : makes me really question the sanity of those who authorised it , and the competence of those who need it .

Where the hell are do they think people might drive unless specifically instructed to turn right at this point ???

HUH! WELL WHERE ??????????????????????

Here is a tighter shot .

This store has been there for 15 year , and to the best of my knowledge – no one has ever driven into that wall instead of turning right

So why do we need instruction now , and more to the point – would anyone who is otherwise incapable of deciding to turn right by themselves actually be capable of following the direction of the sign ???

It is not “ just me “ is it ???

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I can see what your getting at, that is a very unusual thing to have there, but have you considered asking the store manager or owner.

Could it have been done as a joke?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Reverse that arrow and see what happens! Never underestimate the arrow following ability of your average below average driver

Yeah, such directions do seem somewhat unneccessary, don't they? I'm not sure what it says about society in general, when people feel it neccessary to make what is obvious even more so.

Maybe the guys insurance carrier required it? Or as Advisor said a joke? Or maybe some people are dumb enough to turn the other way without the arrow to help them along.

This is a great thread to start my day off with. Thx.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
You can tell you are British with a rant like that.

Made me laugh.

Here's some more crazy ones.

Small bicycle lane.

Or this might get in your way?

Good thinking here!......not.

Notice Newmarket is longer in one direction and less in another.

Mind that tree!!!

Well either that has infuriated you even more, or that remedied your rant.

From here.
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27-9-2006 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's seems that the arrow is implying that it is "one way" traffic and not to steer you clear of the wall. The flow of traffic could be hampered if people were going in opposite directions, so they want to be specific on exactly what direction you can drive through the area.

Maybe not though...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I know what you mean. I believe that, there actually are people out there, who need these signs... as sad as this sounds. But theres always 2 sides to everything, maybe obvious signs are necesary for everyone... I don't even know anymore. All I know is when i see pointless and obvious signs i feel as if its an insult to my intelligence.

Anyway heres some pics

Wow, i never knew that...

...unless you have a death wish. Another thing, what person with a license would'nt have that knowledge?

Thats over-doing it.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by sympthons_WDF]

[edit on 27-9-2006 by sympthons_WDF]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

So why do we need instruction now , and more to the point – would anyone who is otherwise incapable of deciding to turn right by themselves actually be capable of following the direction of the sign ???

I have seen similar road markings here 9different colors though yellow and red here) and they indicate No Parking allowed in that lane.. The arrows just point them to the drive thru window or path out of the lot. Not sure if that is the case there but that is the way it is here and there are very few of them and only then are they used when the parking lot area is extremely small.

They look similar to this sign only marked on the road surfaces.

closest actual road marking image I could find was this one, but I have seen some with arrows on them

[edit on 9/27/2006 by shots]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Actually I think that the arrow and the red area was put there to prevent drivers from thinking that the narrow space there is just another parking spot when actually it was suppouse to be a through road..... I could be wrong, but thats just what I think.

top topics

join