It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Menu - what do you think ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is my Autumn Menu for my little restaurant in York.
Anyone like to comment good or bad ??

Thanks.

Starters

‘Tapas’ of Marinated Artichokes, Mixed Olives and Sundried Tomato Hummus
served with Toasted Ciabatta
Creamy Chicken Liver Pate with Armagnac Marinated Prunes and Ciabatta Wafers

Gorgonzola & Mascarpone Tart topped with Spiced Fig Chutney
With Green Salad drizzled with Red Wine Reduction

Pan Fried King Prawns cooked with Chilli & Garlic served on a bed of Whitby Crab, Fresh Green leaves with an Avocado, Lime and Coriander Dressing

Baked Field Mushroom stuffed with Wild Mushroom & Herb Gratin topped with Watercress, drizzled with Pesto Dressing

Soup of the Day with Toasted Ciabatta see blackboards for details

Warm Salad of Black Pudding, Crispy Pancetta and Slow Roast Tomato with Mustard Crème Fraiche Dressing

Main Courses

Char-Grilled Sirloin Steak, Fondant Potato, Maple & Thyme Roast Root Vegetables, served with a Lemon Gorgonzola Sauce & Roast Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine

Char Grilled Wild Boar and Ale Sausages on Creamy Celeriac Mash with Fresh Herbs in a Chianti Sauce with Chunky Maple Roast Vegetables and Slow Cooked Red Cabbage

Pan Fried Salmon Fillet with King Prawns served on a Fennel, Whitby Crab and Crème Fraiche Risotto topped with Spicy Chorizo Sausage & Fresh Parsley

Roast Yorkshire Rump of Lamb with Potato & Rosemary ‘au Gratin’ & Mint Red Wine Jus. Served with Honey & Thyme Roast Root Vegetables & Fresh Mint Sauce

Tandoori Spiced Chicken Breast served on Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Kerala Curry with Beetroot Raita, Fragrant Rice, Drizzled with Mint Yoghurt & Toasted Almonds

This is also available topped with Tandoori Marinated Grilled Paneer Cheese
As a Vegetarian Course

Gorgonzola Tart topped with Caramelised Onions, Goats Cheese and Whole Maple Roast Pecan Nuts served with Maple Roast Root Vegetables in a Light Garlic Herb Sauce
£12.95

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'll have the baked field mushrooms, a house salad w/ roquefort (not on the menu)
, and the pan fried salmon w/king prawns.

What's up with no desserts?

Those are some creative and appetizing sounding dishes.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Desserts will come later... got my work cut out teaching my staff how to prepare this lot.
Thanks for your comments.

ps I could make up a house salad with Gorgonzola ... would that do ?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Gorgonzola would be just fine.

By the way, what are your soups of the day?

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wow, it looks fantastic!

I'd visit if it was only in New York. As it is, it's a bit far for a dinner jaunt.

edit:

Let me just say I'd add terrine de foie gras. I think it should be on every menu in every restaurant.

[edit on 9/27/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I love foie gras - unfortunately it's not something my customers would like and it's too expensive.
Thanks for the comments and if your ever in Old York.....

top topics

join