It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there 36 righteous men in the world?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Yes, I am one of the 36.

I just...

well...I'm not saying I don't believe you...

I guess I just don't picture the 36 hanging out on ATS that's all.

everyone is a 36. most have amnesia, but their subconscious minds are still assigned to god, and working for god.

i tend to strongly support pure energy's thought processes here.

do you want to be able to spot one of the 36?

odds are they don't have any need for cell phones, but may appear to have the means to afford one.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by Essedarius

Yes, I am one of the 36.

I just...

well...I'm not saying I don't believe you...

I guess I just don't picture the 36 hanging out on ATS that's all.

everyone is a 36. most have amnesia, but their subconscious minds are still assigned to god, and working for god.

i tend to strongly support pure energy's thought processes here.

do you want to be able to spot one of the 36?

odds are they don't have any need for cell phones, but may appear to have the means to afford one.

Odds are that by your definition i would one of those rightous men

Out of 25 people in my engineering class, im the only one with no handy and i probably will never buy one as i see no need.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - 36 righteous men. Does that mean the race of man or man as in gender? Do righteous women count??

2 - Seriously - if someone is righteous they wouldn't know it. They would be very humble and recognize their own sinful nature and that they are nothing without God. They wouldn't consider themselves to be righteous.

3 - If anyone goes around saying they are righteous or selfless .... then I am abstolutely sure that they really ARE NOT.

4 - A truly righteous person, as with a truly selfless person, would actually consider themselves to be not righteous enough and not selfless enough.

1 Women is no laughting matter. Gender is not important when it comes to being righteous/wise.
2 You seem to assume that righhteous = humble? And neither righteous nor humble people are sinful. Well, at least not the humble; thats why they are called humble I belive, they don't see how good people they are...
3 maybe, maybe not. Being righteous means one must understand people, have knowledge and see cause and effect. Ultimatley a righteous person's 'job' or impulse is to judge between wrong and right. To do that (s)he cannot afford to be humble or selfless. I can't see how a humble or selfless man can go against the wishes of the masses or the will of the rich/powerful. A righteous man would have to be close to fearless... Not many of those around.
4 another assumption on your part I belive.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Some people are so unconcerned with societal life that they are focused on other things, depending on what they think people call them different things.
If you wake up and think of work or school right away, your solidifying and focusing your energy on a familiar track. People who take themselves out of the usual tracks find themselves in an odd world. They are in a sense, on the 'Outside, Looking in, (as well as out)' .... and those in the usual tracks are on the inside usually looking out, or focusing on the inside.
And honestly not many people are NOT preoccupied with 'life' as we know it.

Agree with this. I am one of those on the 'outside' of normal life. Normal life is to get a life partner and have a litter of children, thus making family. But I have been pursuing 'the truth' about life, universe and everything for the last 25 years or so. Would not have had time for this if I had gotten a family. Now however I'm close to 40 years so now I will 'retire' from the righteous/truth/wise buisness (enough is enough) and make a family instead. That is what Life and everything really is about after all; having children and raise them.

Passion Rules Reason indeed!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
choose the truth above all lies implanted into humanity who speaks double talk and are not even aware of it.

You seems to have potensial to be one of the 36. The above is true anyway.

Long ago I came to the conclution that it is christianity/the bible who teaches us this bad trait. People from other religions are less prone to this trap, I think. As the doubletalk have existed for centuries it is not possible to correct it. They don't want to hear that their parents and grandparents have been wrong al these years (we get it in from birth).

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
You seems to have potensial to be one of the 36.

only if i choose to continue to serve, and put all else above myself.

Long ago I came to the conclution that it is christianity/the bible who teaches us this bad trait. People from other religions are less prone to this trap, I think. As the doubletalk have existed for centuries it is not possible to correct it. They don't want to hear that their parents and grandparents have been wrong al these years (we get it in from birth).

ah. i see your point. i think all religions and all peoples are doing it, so long as they fear the unknown. if they fear the unknown, their subconscious mind, and where their true self is, is working overtime to quantify and define all unknowns.

other languages?

in some arabic dialects the word for "humanity" is pronounced extrememly familiar to "insane".

and the english word for "crazy" in arabic would be their word for "humanity".

just a thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yes, I am one of the 36.
Its my understanding that these individuals are not particularly wise or knowledgable... but can see simplicity and practicality, and understand higher truths and think of symbolic equations more so than others.

I believe there would be many more than 36 of these individuals these days..
These people are just those whose goal is freedom from all obsessions...
Since it is our obsessions with self that cause most of our hatred.

So what is it like the new show on TV, called "Heroes" or "Weird powers we got", or something?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ι am probably going to get it for this one, so please try not to be offended. I am merely stating info that is said to be true by christians. The thing that I just realized that doesn't make sense to me is the 13 evil, with the 13th being the worst. Not that i'm saying they were evil, but Jesus did have twelve apostles right?
Could just be coincidence, but 13 would be a strange number to pick for you and your apostles.

I am not bashing anybodies beliefs, i would just like explained the fact that jesus+apostles=13 and how 13 is evil.

Which came first by the way, the righteous thing or jesus? If the righteous thing came first, then surely jesus must have heard it before; and if he came before it, maybe someone was just jesus bashing.

peace and love

Pancho

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Anyway, they stay hidden from view, anonymous from the masses,

O.k., I will break my silence...but only for you.

I am righteous!

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

Anyway, they stay hidden from view, anonymous from the masses,

O.k., I will break my silence...but only for you.

I am righteous!

Peace

Dalen

can we not retain the anonymousness, and also not remain "sigh lent" silent?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
Gender is not important when it comes to being righteous/wise.

I know that. duh!

And neither righteous nor humble people are sinful.

WRONG. You assume too much. There are no no-sinful people. I never said that. NEVER.

another assumption on your part I belive.

and another WRONG assumption by you.

Did you ever see the old TV series 'The Odd Couple'? Ever see the episode where they talked about the word 'assume'??? When you use the word assume you make an a$$ out of U and ME. NEVER assume. You only end up looking silly.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wrong, wrong, wrong, is not such thing as righteous people, yes people that live their lifes in a sane way and away from corruption yes they are out there but in more numbers that anybody can guess.

Very clear the Christian bible say that is nobody born without sin, we all born with the original sin as told in Genesis.

And only onces in the bible its mention that during Jesus passion the righteous were resurrected for all to see.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So i guess no takers on the Jesus question. Well can somebody please tell me which came first, the idea of righteousness or the idea of jesus. I would simply like to know what is up with the number 13, because there is a large contradiction between the 13 evil and the goodness of jesus/apostles.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Ι am probably going to get it for this one, so please try not to be offended. I am merely stating info that is said to be true by christians. The thing that I just realized that doesn't make sense to me is the 13 evil, with the 13th being the worst. Not that i'm saying they were evil, but Jesus did have twelve apostles right?
Could just be coincidence, but 13 would be a strange number to pick for you and your apostles.

I am not bashing anybodies beliefs, i would just like explained the fact that jesus+apostles=13 and how 13 is evil.

Which came first by the way, the righteous thing or jesus? If the righteous thing came first, then surely jesus must have heard it before; and if he came before it, maybe someone was just jesus bashing.

peace and love

Pancho

I'm not sure how the number 13 comes into play. Perhaps it's a superstitious number, and since it appears in the Bible, it is thought of as evil, or arcane. The 13th apostle, Judas betrayed Jesus and the number 13 has a bad rep because of that. A note would be that it may vary from country to country. I think that the righteous thing comes first pal, because the story is set in the Talmud or the Jewish book first. Christians are waiting for the second coming, whilst the Jews are waiting for the first.

Also, a question to Esoteric Teacher: What is with the disassembling of words? It seems quite baffling to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Judas was NOT the 13th disciple...until he fell out of the ranks, there were but 12. Plus Yehoshua....He was the one to the twelve but 1 + 12 =13. So Yehoshua might have been the '13th.'

Then, in Acts, we read that Judas's vacancy was filled by Matthias (who would then, technically, be accurately considered to be the '13th disciple.')

There were 13 in that 2nd generation - corresponding to the 12 tribes (after the sons of Jacob)
..and which were some cases considered ust 11 (due to the set-apart status of the Levites) and sometimes 13 (due to Ephraim and Manessah replacing Joseph).

And Joseph is the 13th just as Yehoshua is the 13th....

separated from their brethren, sold for the going rate of a common slave, and after suffering much were elevated to the second highest status in the entire kingdom....

That's where the idea of '36' comes from....there are three cycles (and at the vision given by John of what is manifested at the close of the last of the three cycles there are 24 elders....and the 12,000 of 12 tribes represent the 3rd set of '12'.)

'12' represents 'governmental perfection' from the mystical viewpoint...so that is, by necessity, the desired place of completion.

However, ALL of creation is built upon a certain sequence of numbers (the Fibonacci) and it is: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144.

So that means to start with One (God) and end with 144 (12 x 12) yet still have an orderly progression (that is self-governed) - the 13 must become a '12.'

Hence a sacrifice (of some sort - living or otherwise - to sacrifice is just to deny self - to literally or metaphorically crucify one's personal and self-oriented desires) is always required.

Maybe it's not so great to the be the one who draws the shortest straw (and is the 13th one appointed for sacrifice) but yet....

...you know what they say: 'the needs of the many' ALWAYS outweigh 'the needs of the one.'

-------------

As far as 13 being evil or even unlucky....that's man's doing. No number is inherently evil - they are nothing more than our perceptual designations for energies (vibrations) that exist regardless of what we think of them (or if we consider them even at all.)

13 is 'mem' in the Hebrew alphabet....

'mem' can represent:
water (womb, life, mother) - think about Mary (the mother) and Miriam (Moses's sister whose well followed the Israelites in the wilderness to provide water to drink until she died...then the waters became 'bitter at Meribah' and Moses had to strike the rock to get water)

and

revelation - in the middle of a word it is 'revealed' and in as a 'final' (used at the end of a word) is 'concealed' revelation - think about the words 'memory' and 'remembrance.'

In our alphabet (which is a descendant of the Hebrew), 'm' is the 13th letter and so it is right in the middle of the rest.

The Hebrew word for 'truth' is 'emeth.'

Or, even more simplistically: 'emt' which is:

א (aleph) which is the first letter

מ (mem) in the center

ת (tav) which is the last letter

aleph is the same as 'alpha' in the Greek, and tav is the same as 'omega.'

The truth is found in the 'alpha' and the 'omega.'

It's all a matter of attitude and perception, dude...as well as desire toward illumination.

....and if it's too dark, just turn the lamp on.

Peace

[edit on 10/3/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Also, a question to Esoteric Teacher: What is with the disassembling of words? It seems quite baffling to me.

the part of our subconscious minds that will remain true to ourselves has more of a voice in every word created by humanity than our conscious minds and our egos permit us to believe, acknowledge, recognize, accept, or even love. the truth lies within not only "the word", but ALL LANGUAGES!!!!!!!

god can not be separated from truth, for they are one in the same, whether people who are blind choose to see truth or not, the truth is still the truth.

it is the curse of the tower of babble, i see it for what it is. liars within us, decievers attacking the souls of our god within us, down to the cellular levels.

eden?
Pronounced more like:

edun [mirror] nude

atom ???

adam???

a dam [mirror] mad . . ..(add an "e" which makes no sound) = made a

made a what?

man [mirror] nam .... (add an "e" which makes no sound) = name

once in edun they saw they were nude.

atom (adam) adam made a man name.

alphibet? = ALL FIB(lie)I BET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know why you were more worried about LOOKS (loohcs) when you were in SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

school looks like to me does not set minds free!!!

school locks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and lockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our subconscious minds mock our conscious minds. we are controlled not by our own will, most people don't even see their motivations, or their intentions for what they are.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Judas was NOT the 13th disciple...until he fell out of the ranks, there were but 12. Plus Yehoshua....He was the one to the twelve but 1 + 12 =13. So Yehoshua might have been the '13th.'

i've missed you queenannie!!! hope and pray all is well with you. 13? perhaps the simon ophiuchus, or simon apostle who carried the cross for jesus the last stretch???

Then, in Acts, we read that Judas's vacancy was filled by Matthias (who would then, technically, be accurately considered to be the '13th disciple.')

mathias? interesting.

i am going to re-read your post a few times to make sure i am comprehending the different levels of your information. thanks queenannie!!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I love you! Truly I do!

Joseph (Imhotep) of the sons of Israel is the Serpent-bearer.

And so the 13th IS Yehoshua.

For 13 = mem = revelation
and
13 = mem = water

so both of those are signs (that point to the alpha who is also the omega but yet who is as of yet only manifested to us half-way....)

I noticed you have been given that same concept at the present time, too (alpha and omega)....

Let's talk!

I'll start a thread! Post haste!!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I love you! Truly I do!

Joseph (Imhotep) of the sons of Israel is the Serpent-bearer.

And so the 13th IS Yehoshua.

For 13 = mem = revelation
and
13 = mem = water

so both of those are signs (that point to the alpha who is also the omega but yet who is as of yet only manifested to us half-way....)

I noticed you have been given that same concept at the present time, too (alpha and omega)....

Let's talk!

I'll start a thread! Post haste!!

now. i'll be there. soon. today. busy. life. work. firefighter stuff ... . . . ..

be there soon.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I actually may know a tzaddik he sold drugs, robbed banks, and was a cn man and he always gave it to an orphanage or a youth center anything that needed financial help he would practically sacrifice his freedom to help others

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join