It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artwork Of Hitler Auctioned Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
At an art auction in England works that are being said to be by Hitler sold for one hundred fifteen thousand pounds. The works are twenty on watercolors and two sketches. It was said that these were painted during breaks from the front while stationed in Belgium during the firs world war. These paintings were found in a farm house in Belgium, not far from where Hitler was stationed. It is thought that Hitler painted hundreds of pieces before going into politics, they have sold for up to fifty-thousand dollars. Some are saying this is in very bad taste.

www.gulfnews.com
The 21 watercolours and two sketches most of them landscapes sold individually for prices from £3,200 to £10,500, the highest price was for a painting titled The Church of Preux-au-Bois, spokesman Chris Walton said.

Military buffs and curious neighbours gathered in this small Cornish town for the auction of scenes depicting cottages, churches and pastoral hillsides.

Attention from the sale forced Jefferys Auctioneers in the sleepy community to move the sale to a nearby hotel.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I got to admit this is something I did not know. I was aware Hitler served in world war one, but I was not aware that he also did paintings. I am not suprised at the amount they are selling for though, being done by one of the worst dictators in recent history. It was also interesting to read that the center for military history in Washington, DC has hundreds of Nazi related pieces including four of Hitler's paintings. They are not on display. This could be interesting. Just think of how your community would react if a collection of Hitler's art came to your town for display.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.scotsman.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hitler Theory
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
NO WAY

If only let just let him keep painting....

So, is any one else interested besides me?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm very interested in the art and artifacts Hitler collected.

Minorly interested in his own paintings. Be interesting to see how he viewed his world.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hitler when young wanted to attend a prestigious art school in Vienna and was rejected. He always blamed this on the Jews for some reason.

He later took up painting as a hobby and his work is decent. He is not a genius but he could have made a living from it I think.

Considering the sickos that produce art and the sick art produced I can't see any reason why his art should not be sold instead of other freaks out there.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
An interesting glimpse into his pre-nazi Psyche.

I wonder what of his future insanity could be gleaned from these paintings?

Interesting points in the article though. Bad taste to sell them, yet they are part of history.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Its almost scary how much I have in common with Hitler and Satalin.

Between radical views of the world,

A passion for asthetics

A driving force of almost "devine mission"

Painter (land scaper at that)

Musicain

and most of all

Seminarian.

highly intresting....

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Rejected from the art school hmmm
that brings something else to light
perhaps if Hitler had been a better artist, there would not have been world war two.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The artwork should be burned !

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The work is actually pretty good. Nothing that jumps out at me and makes me say DAMN, but absolutely not to be burned.

It's another example of that thin line between genius and insanity. I live near RISD and I can guarentee that some of those art students ain't quite right.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The artwork should be protected and given to a musuem..
To show that no matter how haneous a man can be.. he still is human.
and its a warning never to beleive such a monster cannot emerge from a civilised society.

Hitlers paintings are testimate to mans ability to destroy peace and love on this planet through his own actions..

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yeah.. I overreacted

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wonder what would've happened if Hitler had been accepted into the art school and had became a famous artist instead of an insane dictator? Maybe no WW2?
Interesting to think about those twists of fate that changed history.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Hitlers paintings are testimate to mans ability to destroy peace and love on this planet through his own actions..

Agit,
I think you said it very well with that statment. Thanks

And I see no reason they should all be burned. Although who ever bought them can of corse do wit them what every they wish.

new topics

top topics

join