It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL PEOPLE IN THE UK READ THIS: Pictures of the protest.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Seems to me you're in the minority, let alone with 100% of the UK's people behind you.

You can't listen to polls. I think that at least a small mojority of this country don't want Bush here. It is at least 50 / 50 much like American support for Bush. It's not going to be just 10's of thousands of people, it will be much much more. Thousands wen to the protest yesterday ( due top unforseen curcumstances I could not attend) the main protest tomorrow will draw hundreds of thousands I think. As long as all these overblown 'terror threats' are ignored by people.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

You can't listen to polls.

No. Of course you can't. Not unless they are stacked in your favour huh? (Then they become fact).

What I want to know is why these people marching against the War don't ever march against Islamic extremist terrorism.
I would have thought that would make far more sense.

Oh no. Wait a minute. That would be too politically incorrect.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by earthtone

You can't listen to polls.

No. Of course you can't. Not unless they are stacked in your favour huh? (Then they become fact).

What I want to know is why these people marching against the War don't ever march against Islamic extremist terrorism.
I would have thought that would make far more sense.

Oh no. Wait a minute. That would be too politically incorrect.

Ok. . . so you're saying that I support Islamic extremists? Er no, I dont support any kind of violent actions whatsoever. Where exactely am I supposed to march against these people? I have absoloutely no problem expressing my hatred for people who kill other people regardless of their race or religion. Would you be happier if I was a racist?

The fact is that I don't support this bull# war, I think George. W Bush is an unintelligent puppet and I hate his conservative policies. I also hate the way he lies to the American public and the world and I hate the way he cheated his way into power. He is the pocket of oil companys.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ok so it all happened.

I am interested to see: all of you people who don't live in the U.K was this protests covered by your media?

I have a few pictures. Most of them were blurred so that was a bummer but here are a few that came out okish.

This is the back end of the protest at the meating point at Euston square St.

This was halfway through the march, we had been going for at least 2 hours. The streets where packed like this for so long.

This is my frend keeran, we started harassing these cops so we thought we'd take a picture.

anyone else from the U.K get there?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
the cop indeed looks very harassed

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Awesome shots, man! Do you think Bush saw any of it? And no. The U.S. media is thoroughly enthralled with Michael Jackson being arrested for being a little perv. It's a compelling story, but no where near as important as the protests in the UK.

So, give us a report, man. How was it? How many people? Any violence? Give us the dope.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
good shots

tomorrow....take sum of the public+take sum of gw bush....just look casual and hide ur ANTI-bush posters.
unroll when he passes by and start yelling/pointing... he'll notice u if u get to the front of the line in time...for god's sake, plan smthng while ur @ it!!
worked for me when i was protesting

oh...if u get jumped by a load of people that wont count as my fault

Peace, and if u get arrested then make sure u post pictures(doesnt matter who's camera u use...

*imitates a snatch camera/take pic of yourself with 20 officers charging your way matrix move*

The Cyrus

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just came off watching Fox - I should have realised it - but watched 1/h hour of MJs hanger and jet and not a word on the protests.

Still just for the record -

during last summer 1 million brits turned out for the Countryside Alliance march - to support farming in the UK and Fox hunting.

Today it was claimed 100,000 people marched protesting GWB's presence.

Given past history you can deflate those claims by about 15-20%

However its kind of telling that so many more people are in support of chasing a fox across a field than actually care about the war in Iraq or Bush's visit

FWIW agriculture and its associate employment actually represents less than 11% of our total GDP (os so I was told at school) .

Makes you think ?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I saw on tv someone was tearing a cardboard bush up and jumping on it have anymorey cool pic oh yeah your friend has cool hair

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sorry I didnt post much before I'd just got back and needed to sleep after spending hours dancing at the street party that ensued after the march and Rally Again, Im sorry for the quality of the photos. Tihs is due to the mental condition I was in and the quality of my digital camera!

It was an excellent day. The march started around two O'clock and we reached our destination, Trafalger square, at around six. It was a really long march but was excellent as very large parts of London were desrupted. We marched past whitehall and Downing street but I'm pretty sure that Bush wasn't there. He ahd to leave Downing street throught the back exit! What a humiliation!! It was a great atmoshphere and the smell of pot filled the air constantly. Spent alot of time with the Samba bands that I always see at the London protests ( the most recent of which was the protests against the Amrs fair in London) It was incredible as we walked past downing street as thousands of usbanged anything we could whilst screaming SHAME ON YOU at top of our lungs. The police so intimidated as we were staring at them! I didnt get into any fights with police this time round but there was an excellent moment where, after trying to keep us all pinned into one lane of the street we all broke through the police line and marched into the on-coming traffic bringing another main London road to a standstill.

The final rally in trafalger square was excellent. The speakers where great and we got a bonfire going with our placards and signs and danced around all night! A brilliant protest. Met two Kenyan policemen on the train back out of Town and smoked a joint with them! I got him to show us his badge!! Halarious.

Here is a picture of the ensuing street party. These people where crazy, I liked them + danced with them. Funny, this picture looks really bad but I think it was kinda like what my vision was like so its seriously cool for me!

So thats essentially my report of the event. It was a brilliant day for all. I wish I had managed to get a few shots of one of the many Bush statues where burnt and destroyed over the day. The main one was the best as it was made to look like the Saddam Toppling statue thing that happened in Bagdad. The amount of people who hjad made shrines to pretzels was also brilliant!!

[Edited on 073030p://555 by earthtone]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
~Besides the Michael Jackson case, I've heard about this too. Yet, I don't know what the protest against Bush was all about. This couldn't be good relation wise. Someone enlighten me.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
~Besides the Michael Jackson case, I've heard about this too. Yet, I don't know what the protest against Bush was all about. This couldn't be good relation wise. Someone enlighten me.

Basically, the Stop the War coalition organised an anti-Bush + anti-war demonstration and Rally to, obviously, coincide with Bush's visit to the U.K. There were other demonstrations and 'Bush-brunings' in places all over the country. It was just the people of Britian making sure Bush knows he's not welcomed here by everybody and making him understand how many people are opposed to the UK/US actions in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the pics & update Earthtone! Sounds like it was the place to be, for sure. So, were there more people than ya'll expected, or less? Do you think the Prime Minister and Queen got the message? Fukk Bush. He'll never get any message as long as he's living in his little presidential bubble-world. I never thought I'd see the day a president of mine would literally be mauled if he went out in public - let alone within the our strongest allies' country. PATHETIC! Wish I coulda been there!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeh it was a great thing. If he had got anywhere near the street he would have been screwed, seriously. There where over a hundred thousand people there. Organisers say two hundred thousand but I'm not sure how accurate that is. It sure as hell felt like there were 200,000.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join