Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ALL PEOPLE IN THE UK READ THIS: Pictures of the protest.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Teflon...that's just #ing great. Where did you get that?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
hehe cheers jus made it from the old WW2 recruitment posters

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
excellent poster Teflon.

more info guys. . . . .

Thursday 20th November
Assemble 2pm at Malet Street, Central London (nearest tubes: Goodge Street, Russell Square and Euston/Euston Sq). March to Trafalgar Square where a statue of George Bush will be pulled down. This event will continue until 7pm to allow for people coming from work.

If there is only one STOP BU$H event that you can make - this is the one. This is the biggie. I will going on the tuesday and the thursday.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
IF, you Happen to find yourself in that part of the city and among a group of 'protesters'....

remember that Crowd Control Police Forces will use all 'non lethal' instruments at their disposal...

you have: *helmet, like a cyclist uses
*goggles, like a swimmer weras
*surgical mask, at least a handkerchief
*ear plugs, like construction wrks
*flak jacket

all these items on your person, Does Not Imply that your goal was confrontational or unlawful or you intended to engage in civil unrest or terrorist activity riot or mayhem...or activitiies that restrict the civil liberties of others.

have a good day

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I will probably be joining the wombles but I'm not sure. These guys are super cool. They ware boiler suits and any protective clothing possible. They are an excellent bunch of peace loving people who realise they need protection from the brutal police. ( you'll understand if you've ever, like me, been attacted be a ploice officer.)_

wombles.org.uk...

[Edited on 083030p://000 by earthtone]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Found this while browsing Rense (yea I like to slum it a bit now and then...)

education.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nice find Darklanser. It's funny. We see the conservative view of this issue:

"It would be disgraceful if children were permitted or encouraged to leave lessons to attend this demonstration. Anti-Americanism is not on the national curriculum and if teachers are condoning this behaviour it is they, not their pupils, who should be looking for something else to do next week."

"Anti-Americanism" ? Ummmno. This is a protest against the American president and they are too stupid to understand this. I think its brilliant that kids as young as high school are seeing the problems that our stupid leaders are causing, its great!

The Liberal democrat view is far better:

"It's not my job to support children taking time off school. But clearly the arrival of the President at such an important time is an issue that is of interest to schools. If young people choose to attend these demos I hope that schools will look at that in a positive rather than a negative way."

Exactely. Schools should be proud that their pupils are taking a decent view of political problems at such a young age. Whereas most kids don't give a # about these sorts of things, the kids that do should be supported!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
He's coming today everyone. Hopefully eveyone on ATS from the U.K will be attending to todays protests or one of the others through the week. The main one being on thrusday.

apnews.myway.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
would go but cant get there, also no matter how hard anyone tries to stop bush he will always win. him being a higher power and all.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well wish i was there but i will be there on the 25th Dec so i cant join in the fun and games.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
also no matter how hard anyone tries to stop bush he will always win

Whats the point in having that attitude? What would have happened to the civil rights movement if all the opressed black folks in America had said that? Noone will get anyware straight away but if we just leave these politicians to # up our world then we are screwed. We have to keep fighting against what is wrong and fight against those who are hiding the truth from us. We must keep trying to show people the truth about the government and highlight to people how their leaders are screwing them and their country everyday.
deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Have to agree with Kurt there Bush hmmmm going to U.K i smell something fishy going on, he is probably gonna talk war wish his boosom buddy Blair.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
hopefully i will there protesting against Bush
America deserves a much better president then him

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I just saw the plans for the march and the presidents tour on Sky news. The protestors aren't going to be within at least 3 miles of Bush at all times. Gutted.

Personally, I think Bush is here to discuss how the 'coalition' can pull out or Iraq without it looking bad.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Have to agree with Kurt there Bush hmmmm going to U.K i smell something fishy going on, he is probably gonna talk war wish his boosom buddy Blair.

isnt he meeting with the queen too?

i mean ive always thought there was something fishy bout the british crown, ect.

so personally i think bush is getting his orders from her royal majesty to impose upon the U.S. and the world.

Ya know the queen untangle the strings from her two puppets, Bush and Blair, and get them all straight in order.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

Originally posted by drunk

isnt he meeting with the queen too?

i mean ive always thought there was something fishy bout the british crown, ect.

so personally i think bush is getting his orders from her royal majesty to impose upon the U.S. and the world.

Ya know the queen untangle the strings from her two puppets, Bush and Blair, and get them all straight in order.

Well Bush i reckon is acting as President for his Dad( the well known warmonger), Bush is visiting U.K for 1 sole purpose: backing for another war, they are gonna leave the U.N to tidy up Iraq.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...=13633943_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-WILL%2DBUSH%2DTURN%2DOFF%2DOUR%2DMOBILES%2D-name_pag e.html

READ THIS ARTICLE

(Half of London Police to Guard Bush)
news.independent.co.uk...
READ THIS ONE TOO.

(Sounds like a good time to cause havac else where.)

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Gotta love it. BUSHCO's gonna turn the peoples' cell phones off. I bet the Brits are gonna be hatin' that. It's astounding the level of control the American administration can exert.

WILL BUSH TURN OFF OUR MOBILES? Nov 18 2003

By Jeremy Armstrong

Scotland Yard last night refused to comment on reports that mobile phones could be blocked during George Bush's visit.

A secret plan was said to have been drawn up to cut all calls in the areas the president visits to prevent a terrorist attack.

Security chiefs fear a mobile could be used to detonate a bomb. But the move would infuriate people unable to use their phones.
The rest:
www.mirror.co.uk...=13633943_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-WILL%2DBUSH%2DTURN%2DOFF%2DOUR%2DMOBILES %2D-name_page.html

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Gotta love it. BUSHCO's gonna turn the peoples' cell phones off. I bet the Brits are gonna be hatin' that. It's astounding the level of control the American administration can exert.

WILL BUSH TURN OFF OUR MOBILES? Nov 18 2003

By Jeremy Armstrong

Scotland Yard last night refused to comment on reports that mobile phones could be blocked during George Bush's visit.

A secret plan was said to have been drawn up to cut all calls in the areas the president visits to prevent a terrorist attack.

Security chiefs fear a mobile could be used to detonate a bomb. But the move would infuriate people unable to use their phones.
The rest:
www.mirror.co.uk...=13633943_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-WILL%2DBUSH%2DTURN%2DOFF%2DOUR%2DMOBILES %2D-name_page.html

this, will, be, fun, to , watch.
at 14 i got attacked by a british bulldog/officer during a protest.... plus i got suspended from school for kicking him in the nads :flame
since when is it the school's #ing problem on what goes on OUTSIDE it's boundaries...)

i'd do it again, the only thing i'd change this time....the only thing to be different, >>i'd

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I'm wondering how they're going to hide the fact that NO ONE wants him here?

"NO ONE"?
Seems to me you're in the minority, let alone with 100% of the UK's people behind you.

news.bbc.co.uk...

An opinion poll suggests more Britons back the visit than oppose it, but tens of thousands of demonstrators are expected at a march on Thursday.
A Guardian/ICM opinion poll suggests that 43% of people welcome Mr Bush's visit to the UK, compared with 36% who say they would prefer he did not come.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join