It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL PEOPLE IN THE UK READ THIS: Pictures of the protest.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I take your point, but if you are trying to sway the opinions of the masses, then being a protestor in the 6'oclock news does not aid your cause. The general public never really sees a positive view of protestors on the TV news. Can you see the point I'm making?

I'm not disrespecting your ideals in any way, I just wonder if these protests make any difference. (I know that you have to make yourself heard, though).

If I was there, I'd be protesting about the illegal trade practices the US forces on the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
It's not security. It's a measure so the Bush administration is not embaressed. It's taking away our lawfull right to protest.

More information to spread around people!

COMPLETE DETAILS OF PROTESTS DURING NEXT WEEK:

www.stopwar.org.uk...

ONLINE PETETION EVERYONE NEEDS TO SIGN:

www.petitiononline.com/bushstop/petition.html

Yes.. AND the secret service has been shyttin' their pants trying to keep the man protected as he travels. No one has ever had to have this kind of protection. No one has ever made so many enemies.

I saw his motorcade pass by one day last year and it was the most impressive/intimidating column I've ever seen. TV guy says to East Coast: "Don't stand on the sidewalk! Come back into the parking lot.." Choppers circling overhead.. Imagine.. The downtown of the city was a virtual ghost town that day.. It was very surreal.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Anything that is quoted from this propaganda website (www.rense.com) is not worth reading.

ECC, I think you do yourself a disservice by quoting it. Quote me something from the BBC, CNN or some other quasi-legitimate news source, and maybe I will believe you.

But this is crap. I found the large graphic on the Rense homepage to be personally offensive (being an ex-Navy 1st class Petty Officer who deals with HS issues).

Notice the source:

Scotland Yard Fury
Over Bush Visit
By Patrick Sawer
Evening Standard - UK

That did not originate from Rense.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
o dear lord. bush is coming here? ahhhh this isnt gonna be very good. i expect we shall be nuked or something like that. this whole bush and blair being five headed lizards is slowly becoming true in my eyes the thing with politics is who exactly is there to vote for? liberal democrats, labour or conservative these ineviitable are the only three that stand a chance but all three are parties which will lie just to brainwash the public. im 18 and ive been given the AMAZING chance to vote but with everything that goes on and is going on i dont think i will give anyone the satisfaction of putting a "X" by them and their parties.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originaly posted by Zzub
I take your point, but if you are trying to sway the opinions of the masses, then being a protestor in the 6'oclock news does not aid your cause. The general public never really sees a positive view of protestors on the TV news. Can you see the point I'm making?

This protest is not about 'swaying the nation', this is about our rights as British citizens to be able to show that Idiot son of an asshole Bush, and the whole #in world, that we don't support him here in Britian and we don't want him in our country. It's just ironic that Bush, the person who ha sbeen taking military action against countries to support 'Freddom' is now denying us the freedom to peacefully protest. It's sick.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was not arguing with you, I agree he should be protested. I was just rationalising it in my mind.

Officially the UK does support bush because his lap-dog Blaire says so. Blaire is the one that should be protested against, in my opinion. (as well as the oil loving, illegal trade practice bastard-hell-spawn Bush).

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I was not arguing with you, I agree he should be protested. I was just rationalising it in my mind.

Officially the UK does support bush because his lap-dog Blaire says so. Blaire is the one that should be protested against, in my opinion. (as well as the oil loving, illegal trade practice bastard-hell-spawn Bush).

Oh don't worry, the British public have protested against Blair alot in the last year. I do understand that you are just rationalising but you can't rationalise with somebody like Bush. You just have to extend your middle finger and put it in his face because you know he will never listen to what you have to say.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originaly posted by Zzub

This protest is not about 'swaying the nation', this is about our rights as British citizens to be able to show that Idiot son of an asshole Bush, and the whole #in world, that we don't support him here in Britian and we don't want him in our country. It's just ironic that Bush, the person who ha sbeen taking military action against countries to support 'Freddom' is now denying us the freedom to peacefully protest. It's sick.

I support ya'll protesting your A$$e$ off. I just hope by some miracle BUSH hears you.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks EAst Coast kid, nice one
I, and all my protesting buddies, are going to try our hardest to make him hear us. You'll have to tell me if it comes up in the news over your side of the pond. Hopefully your media wont completely ignore the protests.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thanks EAst Coast kid, nice one
I, and all my protesting buddies, are going to try our hardest to make him hear us. You'll have to tell me if it comes up in the news over your side of the pond. Hopefully your media wont completely ignore the protests.

Trust me, I'll be watching. Give a good rebel yell for all of us over here who DO understand the deal.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Dont worry we will! Where abouts are you on The EAst coast by the way dude?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Dont worry we will! Where abouts are you on The EAst coast by the way dude?

Near Jose Padilla, by the sea.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'll betcha a case 'o' beer Dubya'll get his way...

Protesters contest anti-Bush march ban
By Rohit Jaggi, Social Affairs Correspondent
Published: November 11 2003 4:00 | Last Updated: November 11 2003 4:00

Police are planning to ban protesters from central London during President George W. Bush's visit next week.

The Stop the War coalition, which is expecting "tens and tens of thousands" at its Stop Bush march on November 20, is contesting an attempt by the Metropolitan police to exclude demonstrators from Parliament Square, Whitehall and Westminster Bridge.

The march is to start from Malet Street and end in Trafalgar Square, but the coalition and police are arguing over the route. Organiser Lindsey German said: "We want a route that takes us to the heart of London."

Mr Bush's three-day visit, starting on November 19, is aimed at acknowledging the close relationship with Tony Blair, particularly over Iraq.

Details of his itinerary are being kept secret, although a drive in an open-topped carriage and a visit to the City have been ruled out.

news.ft.com... agename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1066565784487

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So, it seems the grand imperial US president is dictating to the Brits what they will do. Protestors during his visit are to be kept far away from view. Exclusion zones. What a slap in the face of democracy! The Bush administration wouldn't know freedom and democracy if it bit them on the AZZ!
I hope all you Brits over there stand up for your rights & sovereignty and tell BUSHCO to shove their exclusion zones straight up their A$$e$! PROTEST and let the world see that famous bulldog spirit you're known for!

US wants ban on protests during Bush visit
By Kim Sengupta
12 November 2003

Anti-war protesters claim that US authorities have demanded a rolling "exclusion zone" around President George Bush during his visit, as well as a ban on marches in parts of central London.

The Stop The War Coalition said yesterday that it had been told by the police that it would not be allowed to demonstrate in Parliament Square and Whitehall next Thursday - a ban it said it was determined to resist. The coalition says that it has also been told by British officials that American officials want a distance kept between Mr Bush and protesters, for security reasons and to prevent their appearance in the same television shots.

The Metropolitan Police banned the Parliament Square and Whitehall route by the use of Sessional Orders - which can be enforced for such a purpose when Parliament is in session.
The rest: news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
''Yeh I can't wait to be there, just holding a royal middle finger in Bushes face.'' quote earthtone

hey i thought you brits use a reverse peace sign as a equal to our middle finger...i lived in england for bout 4 years back in the late 80's early 90's[father was in the air force] am i wrong bout this...the two fingers thing?

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yeh the British use the two finger salute as an insult. It comes from hundreds of years ago when England was fighting france. What would happen was that any of the british archers who were captured would have their two fingers that they used to pull back teh arow chopped off. So the British would wave two fingers at the French enemies as an insult, like "hahah I still have my fingers you #s!"

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
put a royal middle finger up for me

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I will put a royal middle finger up for everyone who supports me on this board. It is only a few days until the protest now and things arn't looking to good. The leader of the 'free world' is never going to allow himself to be any where near this protest. I'm just hoping that people are going to take sum more drastic action to highlight this protest.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I wish I could be there to protest the illegal trade practices of the US government.

Give him a double salute for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join