It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pres Bush says to declassify leaked NIE report!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just in on MSNBC and on CNN... President Bush in a news conference with President Amid Karzai of Afghanistan said many things. Most importantly, and in another one of his lil temper tantrums, Mr. Bush said that he would order the head of the DNI to declassify the NIE report in such a way as to not expose any operatives or methods, while allowing for the American people to "understand" what the document actually says. He also said once again that it was "unacceptable to think..." that the Iraq war has worsened the "War on Terror" or has made the US less safe. He also said that anyone who believed that was either naive or confused Ala his Defense secretary . Mr. Bush also stated his belief that this was released for purely political reasons and that it was "Interesting that it was released when President Karzai" was visiting.

I am personally very glad that this report is being declassified and as soon as I can find it I will post it here on this thread.

Personally I ascribe to the "leakers" idea that this document shows that the Iraq war has made us less safe... but it will be nice ot actually read it and know what it says instead of having to hope that the MSM and the leaker didn't embellish or miss-represent anything.

Reuters link to story

[edit on 26-9-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

join