It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESP or trick? You decide.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I found this site while looking for info on E.S.P.
I don't understand how or why it works. Maybe one of you will come up with an explanation, or it might possibly be real paranormal activity. It's creeping me out, I've dont it several times as well as my co-workers a half dozen times.

ESP Test or parlor trick?

Please be subjective.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
WoW thats totally cool darklanser!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Its a trick, all the cards are gone. No matter which of the 6 you chose, it will not be in the final list.

First list:
K-hearts J-clubs K-spades Q-diamonds Q-clubs J-diamonds

Second list:
K-diamonds Q-spades J-hearts K-clubs Q-hearts

You are so focused on the card you chose, you did not notice the other cards are different.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great observation, crayon. I was dumbfounded.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Dang. That was simple. I 've noticed that you're smarter than your average bear. Thanks cray!
You saved my sanity for today.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
indeed you are right crayon..

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Lets just chalk it up to luck. I am actually awake this morning and when I saw all 6 cards I looked at them all before picking one. After I picked one and clicked, I did not remember the K-diamonds, so I double checked, sur enough, confusion

Its a pretty neat trick though. I am guilty of this too, we just need to pay more attention to our surroundings. Specially when driving. Stupid idiot drivers.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
(g) I've seen that one before. Great trick!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ah an oldie but a goodie.

For a bit of a chuckle, read his responses page:

sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

Some of those responses are friggin hilarious. By the volume of them I'd have to guess they arent all pisstakes either.

University of Lapland
Dear Cliff, your program removed several times the card I named, even though I spoke Finnish when naming the card. There are not many people in Anglo-Saxon world who can read an Finno-Ugric mind that easy (or know any Finnish). Or maybe you're Celtic ? In that case, your programming skills would be quite intelligible. with best regards,

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I love this quote from the replies:

Your ESP experiment did a strange thing for me.... I think I have an explanation though. I have a photographic memory, and although I was only thinking of one card, my super memory would have remembered all nine. Because your background colour was black, it would have absorped more aleph/pie waves and given this strange result. Change the background colour to a soothing blue or shocking pink and this effect might be diminished. Glad to be of help, Andrew.

He's a mathematical genius...there are only six cards, and he memorized all nine. Absorbing aleph/pie waves....wtf?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
He's a mathematical genius...there are only six cards, and he memorized all nine. Absorbing aleph/pie waves....wtf?

Obviously the alpha/pie waves messed him up something fierce...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It is indeed an old trick, but most people are easily fooled by that.

Still a cool trick to amaze or bug others.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw it a few years ago. But I figured it out almost instantly...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yup figured it out instantly too. There are much better ones that rely on psychology. For instance, what the vast majority of people will say when you ask them a question. Most people will say carrot when asked the first vegetable that comes to mind. Most people guess 3 when asked to pick a number between 1 and 5.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hrm there was another one that I always try and end up stuffing it up.

Its something like this, pick a number between one and fifty, it has to be a two-digit number, both of the digits have to be odd, and the two digits must be different from each other.

It worked for me when I saw it on tv once, there is more than one possibility etc so its more like the carrot one than the card one.

The number most commonly picked is thirtyseven. Its typed instead of written so hopefully you dont notice it from the start and ruin the question, which I most likely stuffed up anyway. Try it out on friends/family, its always good for a laugh.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Good catch... Good call...... crayon

Goes to show how much we all pay Attention.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just BRought my sister in tand try it out, she noticed straight away.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There are a lot of highly intelligent people in this community. This makes me think that maybe for sh*ts and giggles we should have an IQ test competition...maybe the moderators could set up a test and results section?...hrmmm?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Fun trick yes, i think next time i'll view it when im not having a glass of beer

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
There are a lot of highly intelligent people in this community. This makes me think that maybe for sh*ts and giggles we should have an IQ test competition...maybe the moderators could set up a test and results section?...hrmmm?

Xenon,

There is an old thread where a whole of members went to some website and took an IQ test.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join