It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been Coup...ed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
In case you didn't hear, there was recently a Military Coup in Thailand. While not surprising, since the government was not exactly a beacon of hope and freedom, what was surprising is how masterfully it was done, how little outrage there was, how litle economic impact there was, and how people bought into it hook, line, and sinker.

Imagine this...

Westerners hate Bush so much, that if he speaks out against something, they will instantly take the other side. Well, following the coup, on que Bush spoke out against the Military Coup, and like clockwork the left in the west jumps to take the side opposite of Bush. In other words, the left did exactly what was expected of them.

After all, the coup came from the heartland right? A military general of the people, supported by the King, and with no assistance anywhere. A military coup in an industrial nation that goes so unnoticed worldwide, not a single market is impacted, in fact, Thailands own markets take less than 1% economic hit from the coup, and that has already been made up since.

How in the world can this be so masterfully done? Easy, the coup was not an accident, and the United States was in on it.

As Bloomberg Reports
Sondhi Boonyarataklin, the Thai army chief who yesterday ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, spent most of this year vowing to keep his troops out of politics.

Sondhi, who had spent part of that day on board the USS Kitty Hawk aircraft carrier as a guest of the U.S. Seventh Fleet, retaliated a day later by saying politicians should offer support rather than discouragement.

So let me get this straight. This military coup, supposedly opposed by George Bush, takes place in an industrial Asian nation, has no effect on the regional or even local economy whatsoever, and is performed by a General who takes a pleasure tour aboard the USS Kitty Hawk the same day. After all, if I am going to overthrow the government, the last order of business before I do it is to take a casual tour of an United States Aircraft Carrier. I can't imagine I'd have something more important to do on the day before I risk my life conducting a coup...

Ya, right.

Call me skeptical, but I think the western left's Bush Derangement Syndrome was exploited to maximum effect, and the US just pulled a coup right under the nose of the Empire opposing liberals, and they celebrated it.

Halarious.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What I have read is that the Prime Minister was corrupt, and the coup was led to restore democracy, obviously something that all Thai's wanted as there was no resistance. And...there are good reasons for the left not liking Bush. He is corrupt and a terrible leader. The Thai's did something about it, which should put Americans to shame.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
interesting thread and you made some very good points.

It went all too easy didn't it and a week a later, it's already has basically been forgotten.

[edit on 9-26-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
What I have read is that the Prime Minister was corrupt, and the coup was led to restore democracy, obviously something that all Thai's wanted as there was no resistance. And...there are good reasons for the left not liking Bush. He is corrupt and a terrible leader. The Thai's did something about it, which should put Americans to shame.

Maybe, but had Bush praised the military coup, what would have the left said about that? Here is a clue, it wouldn't of been "Good Job George!"

Probably something very different. I think Bush Derangement Syndrome, much like Clinton Derangement Syndrome before it, are very real and very alive in American politics today. Too many partisans have become dupes for a larger agenda in my opinion, leaving a void in critical thought to events taking place worldwide.

Example, Clinton got asked a tough question on Fox News about his presidency and his only recourse was to call conspiracy to a vast right wing agenda. I have a better theory, maybe if more polticans were asked tough questions they wouldn't freak out when it happens, after all, we have all seen John McCain do exactly the same freakout thing when asked a tough question on ABC, then throw out claims of outragous liberal media bias, which isn't surprising, considering the softball questions John McCain usually gets when asked questions during interviews by the other networks.

Personally, I think it is rediculous to think the US wasn't involved in the coup. You don't take a tour on a US Aircraft Carrier before conducting a military coup. My reality radar says that if you are about to conduct a military coup, you might spend the day before planning the details, as one bad move and things can go horribly wrong.

What better place to work out details of a military operation than the largest military command and control platform in the entire Asian theater?

Looks to me like Bush pulled a fast one on the world, and to do it, all he had to do was exploit his opponents unquestioned hatred for him to his advantage.

new topics

top topics

join