It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle in Duck and Cover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm sure we've all seen Duck and Cover. You know, it was that rediculous movie that explained what to do when a nuke bomb goes off by you.

Well, this thread isn't about how retarted it was, it's about the ending.

At 9:10 it says "The End" and there is a symbol of a triangle within a circle. C
Can anyone tell me what that symbol is about? It could be nothing... but IDK.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Gee, I don't recall that. Is the 'Duck & Cover' video online anywhere to watch it? I've seen it when I was in gramar school but that was a loooooong time ago.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Actually interposed geometric shapes were pretty common for most films back in the day, because they were either going into old reel-projectors used at schools, or on older TV sets that required constant adjustments to the vertical and horizontal hold, contrats, brightness, etc.

The shapes would allow one to sharpen the image, get it centered, and so forth.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
sorry to dissapoint but i really dont think its anything

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It wouldn't dissapoint me if it was nothing, but I believe it is somthing.

I sent a link to the video in the post.

If you would watch the video you would realize it is a Civil Defense film. At 9:10 you can see what symbol I'm talking about.

There is a triangle in a circle. Inside the triangle is the letters CD, standing for Civil Defense. the traingle with in the circle is the symbol for the Civil Defense.

What does the Civil Defense symbol mean?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
its the old civil defence logo

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I know it is their logo but WHY is it their logo? Is there any meaning behind the symbol?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I can't believe noone is responding to this.

My opinion is the Civil Defense was using the symbold of a triangle inside a circle to symolize the illuminaties hold on the world... oppinions?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The old United States civil defense logo. The triangle emphasised the 3-step Civil Defense philosophy used before the foundation of FEMA and Comprehensive Emergency Management.

Can't anyone "Google" anymore?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The old United States civil defense logo. The triangle emphasised the 3-step Civil Defense philosophy used before the foundation of FEMA and Comprehensive Emergency Management.

Can't anyone "Google" anymore?

new topics

top topics

join