It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your favourite Quotes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
here's one of mine...

He who speaks, does not know. He who knows, does not speak. Lao Tzu

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i'm sure somone else in some other place with way more depression issues than me has said this before but....

love is just just a way for girls to screw with guys...

sorry to any women offended by this but as far as my life is concerned it's true in every aspect.

-the king

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The most important thing to do in your life, is to not interfere with somebody else's life.

Drop out of school before your mind rots from exposure to our mediocre educational system. Forget about the Senior Prom and go to the library and educate yourself if you've got any guts. Some of you like Pep rallies and plastic robots who tell you what to read

The essence of Christianity is told to us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the Tree of Knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your# mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions.

If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your #, then YOU DESERVE IT.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
One of my favorites , I over heard in a Hardees one morning or afternoon I can't remember which but any way here goes and so true most of the time but I'm not sure if its 100% true nor am I sure its good advice to think this way because its sort of .....well negative.

Anyway here goes now I want keep you waiting any longer. This quote comes from and old man talking to an old lady. I don't know where he learned it form maybe he came up with it all by himself from his experiences in life.

The quote is-

Expect nothing and you'll never be dissapointed.

Part of me believes if you think this way nothing is exactly what you get.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
the most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious,it is the source of all true art and science. albert

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Do quotes from fictional game characters count? From Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri:

The substructure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons, and behind electrons quarks. Each layer unraveled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

Man has killed man from the beginning of time, and each new frontier has brought new ways and new places to die. Why should the future be different?

Col. Corazon Santiago
"Planet: A Survivalist's Guide"

Technological advance is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a Dataprobe. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and then our better tools to fashion more precise tools, and so on. Each minor refinement is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang
"Looking God in the Eye"

"Energy is the currency of the future."

CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Centauri Monopoly"

Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed have followed us to the stars, and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Centauri Monopoly"

As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Commissioner Pravin Lal
"U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Life is merely an orderly decay of energy states, and survival requires the continual discovery of new energy to pump into the system. He who controls the sources of energy controls the means of survival.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Centauri Monopoly"

Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms, saving an entire colony.
We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character with a multi-tiered media campaign: televids, touchbooks, holos, psi-tours--the works.
People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers.

"Mythology for Profit"
Morgan Stellartots Keynote Speech

And my all-time favourite in-game quote:

We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The animals and birds move to and fro on the earth when and where they will, unless someone or something traps or kills them. Man is not nearly so free. -Voyager1

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent a new nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that ALL men were created equal.we here highly resolve that the dead shall not have died in vain that this nation UNDER GOD shall have a new birth of freedom and that government OF THE PEOPLE,BY THE PEOPLE,AND FOR THE PEOPLE SHALL NOT PERISH FROM THE EARTH. -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
'Love is when two people just get eachother, like if you both like a really cool dog.' - Jedward, page 37 of heat magazine, dec 2009.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Science is made of facts like a house is made of bricks but a pile of bricks is not a house and a pile of facts is not science - Henri poincare

All of science is either physics or stamp colecting - unknown

In science fact only means 'Confirmied to such a degree it would be perverse to withold provisional assent' I supose apples might start to rise tomorow but the posibility dosent merit as much time in phisics classrooms - Steven jay gould

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join