It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edge of the universe questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hi guys im new 2 ATS
I was wondering (while in the shower) what you would see if you were at the very edge of the universe, would it be black?,white,?could you see into a parelle universe?. I was also wondering wat would happen if you decided to walk out to it, could you?
Thanks. please have your say
_javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hey Trent,

Here's a thread from a while back in which scientists believed that the universe is shaped like a football, curved on itself.

Click here for thread

So basically if you came to the edge of the Universe you'd just appear on the opposite side from which you came.

I'm not sure if this theory has been discredited or changed though. I'm sure if you use the search function you'll find loads of stuff related to your question.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
When you reach the edge of our universe, you will see a pink elaphant with 16 legs doing the moon walk. And when you step outside of it, you merge with this elephant.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think you might see yourself looking for the same thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I remember an old episode of Danger Mouse where he traveled to the end of the universe. It was just all white nothingness. hahaha

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There are theories out there stating that the Universe's shape resembles that of a sphere. If you were to go through one end of the sphere, you would come out from the opposite end. Think of each "wall" of the sphere being like a portal or bend in space.

Edn

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have three theory's.

1. you'll see space (i.e. they stuff that was there before the universe i.e. nothing.)
2. the universe wraps around itself somehow and you'll just come back to where you started.
3. you'll see glass and outside the glass a laboratory.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
I have three theory's.

1. you'll see space (i.e. they stuff that was there before the universe i.e. nothing.)
2. the universe wraps around itself somehow and you'll just come back to where you started.
3. you'll see glass and outside the glass a laboratory.

Hi--

#2 has some basis in Theoretical Physics regarding the nature of worm-holes and black holes (the first rotates and the later does not) and the effect of Gravity Wells on bending Space/Time.

FWIW-- what there is at the edge is, in fact, The Resturant At The End of the Universe -- the "place to meet, eat, and meet the Meat". If you go out the back door, you find yourself at the Big Bang Burger Bar ---

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Ed Littlefox]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NegativeBeef
When you reach the edge of our universe, you will see a pink elaphant with 16 legs doing the moon walk. And when you step outside of it, you merge with this elephant.

I like that theory

Ever thought of submitting a white paper to New Scientist?

new topics

top topics

join