It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA, FBI, and NSA Should Spread Christianity Throughout the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Originally posted by GreatTech
No, as a born-Catholic and born-again-Catholic, I believe Christianity is the most loving and peaceful religion in the world.

Examples of this peaceful approach would include the Inquisition, the Crusades, the massacre of millions of Native South and North Americans... the SS (I think) had "Gott Mit Uns" ("God is on our side) on their belt buckles.....

I don't like to sound like I'm bashing any religion, but we can't forget about the Baptists that plan on picketing a funeral for the Amish children that were killed in school.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know that these are "radical" christians, but none the less, christians they are. I'm not saying that this hasn't happened in other religions, it happens everywhere and it needs to stop. We need to move on, stop being so divided, and learn to accept things. We also need to forgive and forget, as well as learn to love a little bit more each day. Have faith, we will make it some day; maybe soon or maybe in the future far ahead, but one day this earth will be covered with peace and love, as well as the ability to live without fear.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Especially among nations with nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons are the technology most antithetical to peace, goodwill, and love between nations. More important, is the saving of Souls at the highest level of Spiritual living. Religions that advocate even the slightest bit of violence missed the boat. Turn the other cheek.

Christians that were sheep have become Shepherds and have a responsibility to protect and safeguard the world.

read the bible cover to cover, it is a very violent book

sure, jesus said turn the other cheek

christianity is a violent religion

The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.--Psalms 58:10

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.--Luke 19:27

He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.--Ex22.20:

If a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they.--Lev.20:14 (look to leviticus for many more disproportionate punishments)

i could go on, but you get the point

NOW, it's not the religion that is the problem, it's the situation in the country.

also, there is the whole thing of the first ammendment, we can't convert ANYONE if we follow that pesky ol' consitution

i'll leave you with this quote

"The God of the Old Testament has got to be the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous, and proud of it, petty, vindictive, unjust, unforgiving, racist." -- Richard Dawkins

7Pan7cho7
they're compromising, they've given the baptists airtime on the radio (i thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists)

and the most peaceful religion in the world is, without a doubt, buddhism. that's simply a fact. 0 wars have been started in the name of buddha.

[edit on 10/6/06 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The CIA, FBI, and NSA Should Spread Christianity Throughout the World

Some how I dont think Jesus would want spy organizations that have been involved in touture and assassinations around the world to go out and spread christianity in his name.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

Some how I dont think Jesus would want spy organizations that have been involved in touture and assassinations around the world to go out and spread christianity in his name.

Indeed...................

Buddism is far more peaceful than Christianity anyways. Buddism even forbids ill treatment of animals, and encourages vegetarianism.

The bible is chock full of murder, rape, incest, genocide, deciet, treachery, bigotry, intolerance, ect. Sorry, but Christianity, in a list of worlds most peaceful religons, would be in the bottom rankings along with Islam and Judism, as well as a few warrior type cults throught history.

At the top of worlds most peaceful religons:

Most peaceful and loving award goes to Jainism, a religion practiced primarily in northern India. Jainism forbids the harming of ANY living animal/creature. Including fleas, flies, ect. Jainists dont even comb their hair for fear of harming even a tiny flea.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.cs.colostate.edu...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Jainists dont even comb their hair for fear of harming even a tiny flea.

Not sure what that does for the hygiene
But thats a whole other topic

[edit on 6-10-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Especially among nations with nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons are the technology most antithetical to peace, goodwill, and love between nations. More important, is the saving of Souls at the highest level of Spiritual living. Religions that advocate even the slightest bit of violence missed the boat. Turn the other cheek.

Christians that were sheep have become Shepherds and have a responsibility to protect and safeguard the world.

And what you do plan to do with those who choose not to convert? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't faith based on believing in God, rather than being told to believe in God against your will?

Do tell us, which one leader of Christianity will lead the world? No matter how corrupt his judgement will be, any opposition to it would be against Christianity and label you as a extremists and infidel, right?

I see you're using the term "Chirstianity" as a whole, but not specifying which denomonation you want the world to convert to. Mind you, I don't see many Protestants and Catholics getting along too well on a global scale.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, the Founder of the Truest and most Exalted form of Christianity, sacrificed His own Life so that all others can obtain Eternal Life. No greater act has been performed by any human in history. Thus, Christ is the most exalted Being in history.

There are 4 types of people:

1) those that do not harm or kill, knowing because of this they will be harmed or killed; best example, Jesus Christ.

2) those that do not harm or kill, knowing because of this they will not be harmed or killed; best example, typical person.

3) those that do harm or kill, knowing because of this they will not be harmed or killed; best example, an evil person.

4) those that do harm or kill, knowing because of this they will be harmed or killed; best example, Satan.

Because of the Greatest Sacrifice in history, Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of God in Heaven. His teachings should be spread everywhere.

Merry Christmas and Happy Easter!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Jesus Christ, the Founder of the Truest and most Exalted form of Christianity

Please show me just one passage one quote or one word in the bible where Jesus mentioned the word christianity or wanted to start a religion called christianity or wanted to start a religion where he is worshiped as a god. Just one!

[edit on 6-10-2006 by etshrtslr]spelling and grammer

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
etshrtslr, please read:

"Then Jesus approached and said to them, 'All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age'." Matthew 28: 18-20

These three consecutive sentences probably had more of an impact on the founding of Christianity than that of any three consecutive sentences in the Holy Bible. God Bless You and All!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Easter!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes, Christmas and Easter, two christian holidays that have nearly lost all meaning of what they were initially designed for. But that topic would be for another day I guess. GreatTech, good luck with the whole spreading of Christianity thing, I have a feeling it's most likely not going to work but good luck.

I wish you all the best, hopefully peace and love will be in excess throughout each of your lives. Fare thee well GreatTech.

Pancho

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"Then Jesus approached and said to them, 'All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age'." Matthew 28: 18-20

And you can prove that this is a direct translation of the original text of that time?

(Let alone if the individual who wrote that text did so from the direct word of an individual who possibly said the words from a non-substantiated deity)

No offence, I want to believe.. really I do but I need proof.. even slight proof would be enough to confirm god(s) exists. More than a rumor or chinese whispers.. surely if this deity existed then now would be a good time to convince the non-believer and achieve the final goal of world peace.

Until then I believe in only that which I personally experience and all else is theory.

I certainly would not live my life based on a rumor not from threats.

(what god would educate via indimidation... eg. 10 commandments)

[edit on 7/10/06 by Creeping Jesus]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
GreatTech, I agree with your sentiment, but I agree just as much with the naive nature of your idea and the indisputable historical fact that Christianity means persecution, rape, torture, ignorance, hypocrisy, and various other misinterpretations of God's work here on Mama Earth.

Have you ever had any experience with any other faiths? If not, you cannot make the statement that Christianity is the most peaceful faith around.

And, if you don't mind a personal question, are you a vegetarian? A great misconception of Christian theology is that "thou shall not kill" only applies to human beings, or that animals do not have souls. Every living entity has a soul which provides the varying degrees of consciouness within the entity according to their past deeds and the resultant reactions.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
And you can prove that this is a direct translation of the original text of that time?

Creeping Jesus, you raise a very good point. The Gospel of Mathew has been dated by Christians from 45-50 ADE, conservative scholars at 60-65 ADE, and liberal scholars at 80- 100 ADE. One thing they can all agree upon is that it was written atleast 45-50 years AFTER Jesus's departure. Another problem this raises is how anyone can remember something mentioned to them word for word 50+ years after they were told it (I'm assuming that they heard it at around 1-0 BCE.) Even if they could, and this was Jesus's actual teachings, then it wouldn't explain why the original Gospels of Mathew is written in entirely Greek (and not Aramaic or Hebrew, which is what Jesus spoke and taught to his disciples).

(Let alone if the individual who wrote that text did so from the direct word of an individual who possibly said the words from a non-substantiated deity)

Well there's a problem to this part as well. You see, the Gospels of Mathew are named after "Mathew," but scholars have found that it was not written by Matthew the Evangelist (St. Mathew, or "Mattay" in Hebrew). The author of this scripture remains unknown. Sure, one can raise the point that Mathew wrote the Gospels (despite making him around 90-140 years old when he wrote them), but considering that he taught and died in Ethiopia, this wouldn't explain why the Gospels were written in Greek, rather than the many semetic languages present in Ethiopia at the time.

No offence, I want to believe.. really I do but I need proof.. even slight proof would be enough to confirm god(s) exists.

Proof to each person varies in degrees. For one person, merely reading about UFOs will make them believer, while for others, nothing short of seeing a UFO will make them a believer. I was an athiest once, and found the proof I needed, when I once doubted God existed with a passion. I'm sure you will find the proof you need later on, if you have the patience.

More than a rumor or chinese whispers.. surely if this deity existed then now would be a good time to convince the non-believer and achieve the final goal of world peace.

Many raise this point, and it's a good point, but looking back through history, there have been much more serious issues at hand, where events today would seem insignificant compared to the others. My guess for why this hasn't occured is because there will be something occuring in the future which will be much a downfall for humanity, and that's when the Diety will show itself.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's still not stopped and the evangelists keep converting people of native belief. We already lost so many cultures, free societies and their beliefs in the name of this insanity. Worst of all, their targets are poor people, illiterates, desperate to get out of misery, mainly in poor and developing countries.

The troublesome part is the evangelists do extensive research to find faults (mostly twisted and inaccurate) in their native beliefs and use it against to convert them. One fine day these converted people will become extremists and turn big menace to their own communities, resulting in blood shed. There must be some international laws to ban such conversion activities no matter of religion.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
CosmicScorpion, isn't Spirituality about living forever? Isn't religion at least partly about living longer on earth? Christianity has proven to be the best religion for a long life expectancy on earth. And one of the many great things about Christianity is that it more than any religion teaches and assists others in living forever. It is the best of both earth and Heaven worlds. Teaching about Eternal Life is what Christianity does best. Is there any more important issue in the history of humankind, animalkind, and plantkind?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

CosmicScorpion, isn't Spirituality about living forever? Isn't religion at least partly about living longer on earth? Christianity has proven to be the best religion for a long life expectancy on earth. And one of the many great things about Christianity is that it more than any religion teaches and assists others in living forever. It is the best of both earth and Heaven worlds. Teaching about Eternal Life is what Christianity does best. Is there any more important issue in the history of humankind, animalkind, and plantkind?

I would have to say that yes, there is a more important issue than eternal life. That issue would be the lack of spiritual developement that is everywhere. Our children are taught to believe what their parents believe, and most of the time (although it is getting better) people are very closed-minded. What we need to worry about is unifying the world to make life equally grand for all of earth's inhabitants. Until we are taught to keep an open mind and trust our instincts, I think this world will continue to carry on with useless wars and opression. Love is what is more important than eternal life. Love for each other, love for earth, and love for ourselves. I'm not concerned about eternal life, although i do believe in something similar (not sure how you would define "eternal life"), it doesn't matter to me if we do or don't, i just want to show people how easy it is to love and keep an open mind.

Peace

Pancho.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Love is what is more important than eternal life.
Pancho.

Love is the Greatest Virtue that can lead us to the most important issue of Eternal Life. Love has its problems, however. Who, what, where, when, how, and why do you love? If you love Greatness, you are imbued in God's Infinite Greatness. If you love evil, you are attached to Satan. Love for the right reasons is the main key to God's Infinite Abode. I believe we should live all the capital, cardinal, and supernatural virtues so that we can live in God's Eternal Home of Heaven. As we are still alive, love has already been granted to us, so our objective should be Eternal Life with all the virtues emanating from our souls.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
GreatTech, I ask you again...

have you had any personal experiences with other faiths besides Christianity? if you haven't had any of these personal experiences, then you cannot make any blanket statements about Christianity being the best road to eternal, spiritual life.

It may be the best road for you personally, but making blanket statements doesn't lead to the world you desire.

So please, present something other than opinion as to why Christianity is the best path to eternal life...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Love is what is more important than eternal life.
Pancho.

Love is the Greatest Virtue that can lead us to the most important issue of Eternal Life. Love has its problems, however. Who, what, where, when, how, and why do you love? If you love Greatness, you are imbued in God's Infinite Greatness. If you love evil, you are attached to Satan. Love for the right reasons is the main key to God's Infinite Abode. I believe we should live all the capital, cardinal, and supernatural virtues so that we can live in God's Eternal Home of Heaven. As we are still alive, love has already been granted to us, so our objective should be Eternal Life with all the virtues emanating from our souls.

The only thing that would attatch somebody to "satan" is fear. Fear is the opposite of love and fear spreads darkness. Love is light and fear is darkness, that's how it works here on the physical plain. When fear of things is lost, other characteristics that are associated with fear begin to diminish as well. Hate, jealousy, pride, religious fanaticism all begin to fade away to make room for love.

I agree with what the doctor said, unless you've tried every religion you can't say one is better than the other; and if you have tried every religion you can only say which one is right for you. We can't say that there's only one true religion, because that's false. I've said this before, but it's true "There's only one true path in life, the road that leads to all leads to one." this means that no matter which path you choose, you will ultimately end up in the same place.

Peace and love

Pancho

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join