It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton & Clinton for 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yes, folks there may still be miracles in politics. If Hillary runs as President, which really is what she is after. Hillary might ask Bill if he would run on the 12 amendment as Vice president. If the democrats really want a chance to change politics in Washington forever. They should try a husband and wife team in the White House and I bet you that if they suceed that there will be others that will follow the same exercise!

Just think the right hand will always understand what the left hand is doing! Now this is really a different game plan then ever before in politics. In fact it has never been done before, yet this door is open and should be tried before attempts to change the 22th amendment come about! Hillary can pull the female vote from both parties, Bill can get the power brokers and the campaign funds needed far better then the bush boys. I for one can not think of any other democrats that can take the house in 2008. In fact may be the economy will get back to normal and gas prices will really come down and maybe the killing will stop, maybe!

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Interesting idea. Frankly, it is such an obvious idea that, perhaps, it was easy to overlook. A Clinton & Clinton ticket might be a decisive winner.

Another thought just came to me was the idea that Bill Clinton, himself, could possibly run for the presidency again. I might be wrong but I believe the limitations imposed on the presidency is that a president can only serve two consecutive terms. What about serving two terms, taking a hiatus and then running again? I believe that this might be possible, if I am not mistaken.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Nope. 22nd Amendment states-

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

Source

But here's a question- It says a person can't be elected more than twice. So if Hillary was P & Bill V.P. and something happened to Hillary, I guess Bill could take over?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
But here's a question- It says a person can't be elected more than twice. So if Hillary was P & Bill V.P. and something happened to Hillary, I guess Bill could take over?

Interesting thought.

It does say a person can not be elected more than twice, so I would be interested to see how that would play out.

I'm not American but I believe I would support their ballot. Certainly would be making history.

Former First Lady is the President and the President becomes the First-Man.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I voted for bill twice and i voted for george w twice. i lean more right but i would for sure support that ticket.hmmmmmmmmm unless rudy runs, then i will vote for himhmmmmmmmmmm i think

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The twenty-first century and american politics is still the old its a boy and we like him. America is undergoing great changes, in demographics, attitude and the direction of perceptions to our US Constitution!

Why not go with the flow of new human thoughts of what is right and leave fbehind that many wrongs can in the end produce a right. The Hillary and Bill White house bid would be a bold undertaking. The 12 amendment is sometimes confusing since it has never been before the judiciary.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Twelfth Amendment explicitly precluded from being Vice President those ineligible to be President: people under thirty-five years of age, those who have not inhabited the United States for at least fourteen years, and those who are not natural-born citizens. It is unclear if the Twenty-second Amendment's term-limiting provisions prevent two-term Presidents from becoming Vice Presidents (see that article for a fuller discussion).

A majority of electoral votes is still required for one to be deemed elected President or Vice President. When nobody has a majority, the House of Representatives, voting by states and with the same quorum requirements as under Article II, chooses a President. The Twelfth Amendment allows the House to consider no more than three candidates, compared to five under the original constitution.[/quoate]
The twelfth amendment has been on the books since 1803 and has never been used by former presidents to move to the vic-president position. The 2008 elections might bring a super challenge to this procedure.
If bill were to run as a vp to Hillary will his past impechment preclude his case to be placed before the Supreme Court of the first time review to a amendment that really was intended to solve none votes from the electrocial college members to pick a vice-presidents. The Hamilton and Burr duel brought about this amendment.

And a little tidbit we had forgotten about the first election!

htttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

The Twelfth Amendment does not directly, as is often alledged, preclude the election of a President and Vice President from the same state. Nevertheless, running mates conventionally come from different states to prevent situations wherein electors of the state in question are forced to vote for a candidate from a different party merely on the grounds of residency. The issue arose during the 2000 presidential election contested by George W. Bush (alongside running-mate Dick Cheney) and Al Gore (alongside Joe Lieberman). It was alleged that Cheney and Bush were both inhabitants of Texas, and that the Texas electors could therefore not cast their ballots for both. Bush's residency was unquestioned, as he was governor of Texas at the time. Cheney had lived and was registered to vote in Texas, but a few months before the election changed his official residency to Wyoming, the state where he had grown up, and for which he had, many years earlier, served as the U.S. Representative. A lawsuit alleging that Cheney remained an inhabitant of Texas was brought, but it was dismissed by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas

Bill Clinton did some good things as president and some bad and stupid things, But his is a person to look and determine the feel of the Constitution! Since the adoption of the 12 amendment there has not been a challenge to the amendment, thus our courts have never had an opportunity to decide the question.
I think it would be a needed charge to our constitution and a reminder to the American people that as our nation goes on in life, so do changes to the constituion to afford americans new ideas for governing itself! When they feel trapped by one party line that becomes unbearable for democracy to bear. We the people should have the power to change things to better ourselfs.

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 26-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am a moderate, I lean right more often then left unless it is enviromental or educational, then I am all left... I could never support that ticket, not a chance in hell.

Clinton as a VP is great, if he where to run as a VP on anyone elses ticket I would vote for the Dems. I will seriously have to be killed before I ever voted for that witch! I hate her policies! I hate her stand on education, her stand on censoring media, her stand on taxes, I hate how she flips over to the right, to the left, stick somewhere in the middle, then turn around on the same issue and go far left. Ihate how she takes ever chance to put her ugly face on the telivision like we all care what a NY senator thinks.. I hate her face!!! I hate how she presents her self, I hate her political ego. She is the wife of the guy who got laid in the oval office. What a great way to be famous. She is not her husband, she is not the ngotiator her husband is, she is not the smooth talker her husband is. She is not good for America. I m all for having a female in the office, but don't vote for her just to see a female in office! She could ruin it forever and never again will a female be elected in!

And a husband and wife team is horrible!! Imagine.. working with your wife every day 18hrs a day! *shudders* I see Hillary getting pissed off (because she is no where near as nice as she tries to come off as) and sending bill on a diplo meeting in some war torn country to get him outa the white house.

If she is ellected I will accept it. By emigrating.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hate to burst your bubble but, hillary has been doin some poles out n iowa and it aint good.

Bill's attack on Chris Wallace over the weekend wasn't pretty. Even the media has been admitting he lied several times on the program.

Clinton & Clinton, maybe cell mates but not pres & vice pres. Although I would love to see it.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Two things scare me about this idea:

1. As I posted in another thread today, this would mean that two families will have ruled, and continue to rule this country over a time period of twenty years. I find that very very dangerous territory.

2. It worries me that we would support a ticket that is basically working its way around Constitutional barriers. Can't get him in again, so let's stick him as the veep. Our forefathers thought of us, we should be thinking about our own progeny.

I also would like to point out that I would vote 3rd party before I ever vote for Hillary, Cheney, Gulliani, Gore, Nader, Jeb Bush, Laura Bush, Chelsea Clinton, Kerry, or the other myriad of "players on the field" that do nothing but scratch each others backs and live as career politicians.

They're like shoes, and politics is like gum. No matter what you do, you can't get all that gum off. And you can't get these politicians to get off of their hayrides.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think the idea is moot.
Bill has already been Prez twice. He has other fish to fry and I don't think it's a coincidence his face has been all over the place lately.
Kofi Annan's term as Secretary General of the UN will expire on December 31 2006
I think that is Bill's new desire: being the head of an international organization.

IF that happens, I don't look to see Hillary as being the dems choice in 2008.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
2. It worries me that we would support a ticket that is basically working its way around Constitutional barriers. Can't get him in again, so let's stick him as the veep. Our forefathers thought of us, we should be thinking about our own progeny.

If you had read about the timing of the 12 amendment and its reasons for over 200 years on the books, you will find its there so prior presidents can once again run in office, the 22 amendment says they cannot, many amny prior presidents from Eisonhower, Nixon,Carter, Reagan, Bush,Clinton,and Bush again. These people wished for the 22 to be gone and the 12 amandment is the means for the courts to prove that the 22 amendment is unlawful and violates the US Constitution.

As to hillary and bill and others being baggage lets see about that!
www.free-conversant.com...

President Clinton arranged for the illegal ?taking down? in 1993
of Leo Wanta, a senior US intelligence operative of rare integrity,
so that he languished illegally in jail and under house arrest
on trumped-up charges for 12+ years.

Fitzgerald Probe Headed To Switzerland, Marc Rich, Vince Foster
And At Least A Trillion Dollars Of Stolen U.S. Treasury Money
By The Bush-Clinton Mob;
Treasury Agent Leo Wanta, Sent To Arrest Rich,
Tells What Really 'Went Down' In Switzerland.
Wanta, the legally appointed trustee of $27.5 trillion dollars of money=20
earned at the end of the Cold War when the Soviet Currency
was destabilized, is now tracing the funds, saying that more than
$750 billion has been traced as stolen in the biggest bank heist
in U.S. and global history, orchestrated by the Bush-Clinton mob. According to Wanta, who recently appeared on Greg Szymanski's
radio show, The Investigative Journal, he said the events surrounding
Rich and Foster went like this:

"I was ordered in my capacity as Treasury agent and appointed
Ambassador to arrest Marc Rich and bring him back to the States.
However, I found out he was tipped off by Mossad agents
not to meet with me. Rich then escaped, fleeing Switzerland.
"At the same time, I was ordered to give Vince Foster $250 million
dollars earmarked for the Childrens Fund. It took us a few days
to make the proper transactions of roughly $81 million each
and then Foster left with the money for Washington.
"Then, for no reason, I was shackled by Swiss authorities
and put in a Swiss dungeon, where I ended up spending 134 days

Although Wanta has no idea what happened to the $250 million Foster
had in his possession when he left Switzerland, the Fitzgerald investigation
needs to connect the dots in order to determine the real purpose
of the Childrens Defense Fund, chaired by Hillary Clinton,
and said to be used as her own personal slush fund,
as well as front for CIA covert domestic and foreign operations.

knowledgedrivenrevolution.com

Those watching the Plamegate investigation hope Fitzgerald is the 'real deal' and not just providing a neo con dog and pony show, but sources claim the investigation is now meticulously looking into bank swindles by the Bush-Clinton mob, amounting to more than a trillion dollars, involving money earmarked for the U.S. Treasury.

And bank account records - tracing more than $750 billion of missing or stolen money - have been already provided as public record by Leo Wanta, the former U.S. Treasury agent assigned by Sessions to put the finger on Rich. (See accounts listed below).

In a telephone conversation Friday, Wanta said he still keeps the official 1993 Rich arrest warrant, as proof-positive the events took place as he reported.

However, in a strange turn of events, Wanta was jailed for his efforts, placed for 134 days in a Swiss dungeon, as Rich was allowed to slip free in a move, according to Wanta, leading to the theft of hundreds of billions- if not trillions - of U.S. Treasury funds by the Bush-Clinton mob.

After Wanta was framed and put in jail, reports linking Hillary Clinton to dipping into the Wanta-controlled accounts were recently verified by overseas investigators.

So maybe the clinton thing is not so good, but we still have many players doing the same dog and cat show with the wanta money. How good could jeb bush be as president, every bush getting into office has america at war and in hock! Gulliani was part of the 911 coverup and removal of eveidence before it could be investigated! Does this mean he would be a good president, I doubt it.
America needs a unknown to run for fleadership and probably that person has not been born yet!

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Mod Note: Surround your snippet and link to an external source with these new tags: [ex] --> Begin external source content
[/ex] --> End external source content

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We're having a legal discussion here over whether a two-term President could ever be elected VP )it was probably spawned from this thread):

Can a former two term President be Vice President?

I think not, but in this case it wouldn't really matter. Hill and Bill would be co-Presidents and the VP would probably have nothing to do than attend state funerals of dead third world leaders.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Kofi Annan's term as Secretary General of the UN will expire on December 31 2006
I think that is Bill's new desire: being the head of an international organization.

- Naaa, not happening and never was likely to anyway either.

Ban Ki-moon of South Korea set to be formally elected by U.N. Security Council

link

- S'funny how this kind of thing takes hold.

I suppose it stems from the partisan political attacks trying to generate and capitalise on an undermining 'they aren't really into public service, they're just horribly vain......and therefore horrible' 'tack'.

We had this in the UK too for some time.

Political opponents here spent years harping on and on about how Tony Blair was only really interested in carving the UK up so it could be easily swallowed by a voracious EU...... which he, apparantly, was going to become president of at some point later by way of payback.
All laughable delusional garbage of course but so many seemed to want to believe it.

The games some people play, huh?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Personally I don't think Hillary would want to be overshadowed by both the good and bad that her husbands name brings to mind in most voters.

I also don't think hillary can win, I certainly wouldn't vote for her, there's just something about that woman I don't trust and it has absolutely nothing to do with her being a woman.

Of available candidates for the DNC in 08 I really believe that a winning ticket and I mean land slide winning ticket would be Edwards/Obama.

But that's just me. I really liked a lot of what John Edwards had to say and the way he said during the last election. I certainly liked him more than John Kerry and only voted for kerry because I was such a fan of edwards.

I don't know as much about Barak Obama but if he's half as sincere as he sounds I think he'd could really do a lot for this country and our future.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
We are talking about getting a man we wanted to impeach as President back into office as the Vice President? The Man that let UBL get away while trying to ge tthe Monica saga to go away, am I hearing this right

new topics

top topics

join