It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the turd hit the fan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
People have been complaining that the world is going to hell in a handbasket since the first old-timer clipped his first nostril hair. It hasn't happened yet.

I agree with the poster who said that a lot of the hysteria is media-created. In the case of ATS members and others of like mind, however, it is the Internet that is really to blame. The Internet is the best gadget yet invented for spreading rumour, misinformation, addlepated speculation and downright falsehood.

Why? Because it's a democratic medium. Thanks to the Internet, every ignoramus, every crank, every hysterical chicken-little neurotic and louse-infested fanatic can start a web site and broadcast his worthless opinions to the world. Credulous, foolish people (i.e. the majority of the human race) lap it all up and get their knickers in a twist thinking the world is going to end or something.

There's a cure for this. It's called knowledge. In this particular instance, the field of knowledge you're looking for is called history. Read it. Learn the truth about humanity's past and you'll find yourself considerably more sanguine -- as I am -- about the future of mankind. You'll also find yourself thanking your stars that you are living in this day and age, and not any time in the past -- even fifty years in the past.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You are right history helps,
but you are wrong, some of us do learn history, some of us even THRIVE on knowledge.. doesnt mean its goign to save us from the unknown factor in wars.

do you know what that UNKNOWN factor is..

that factor that can flip at a seconds notice?
turn crazy/made in an instant..

3 letters,
1 vowel,

it is: MAN!

You cant look at history and definitivley conclude that world war isnt going to happen yet, becuase in the past 100yrs world wars have started due to this that and the other.

We are in a new day, a different age with new needs and wants.

I do agree with you that people go over the top,
and some people do need to read a bit more.

But should a world war start, neither you, nor I would of been able to predict it simply through our use of books.

Who would of predicted ww1 2 days before that bullet was fired?

while I dont think world war is imminent...
We are definately stoking the flames.

Having an occupying force in Palestine and Iraq isnt helping.
Ignoring the UN's rules and requets is making it worse.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
To answer your question, only as long as they value money/security (in the "we get to live today" sense) over morals and their view on what God would want.

However, there WILL be a breaking point, and I know it's going to be ugly. The whole world doesn't swallow this grand NWO scheme. Sure the NWO looks good on the outside, but so did the Empire in the star wars movies at first
It's amazing to me that something so seemingly complicated can be so easily described and shown in a movie series such as Starwars... often overlooked in my mind- they should study that in every political science field in depth.

Moving on, there will be a breaking point, and this is where the war comes in. To the poster saying Terrorists can't get nukes, I believe there are two possibilites.

If you believe in the NWO and it's hidden secrets and evil intentions masked as social intentions, you know they will stop at nothing, especially when their plan stretches long after you and I will be gone. If this organization orchestrated 9/11 directly, or allowed it to happen for personal and goal-gain, you will believe they'd detonate their own nuke to allow a war to start.

Second possibility, some group- like the Russian mafia- could get their hands on a nuclear device. Ex-KGB, GRU, and extremely intelligent allbeit criminal businessmen all working together can do just about anything- better believe it.

Long story short... hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Follow infowars.com i've been following it now for a while, excellent source for news that isn't given much media attention for obvious reasons.

btw Agit8dChop your responses are kickass man! there aren't any marines on here like last time, so i'm down with whatever lol.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by jaguarmike]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
jaguarmike, it seems you have the same viewpoint you had when you started the thread. If you want to live in fear and worry about a global apocalypse every waking hour, that is your choice.

In my opinion, you shouldn't sit around worrying about this stuff however, you should live your life to its fullest everyday, if there is a global apocalypse, at least you will have known that you lived life a good life prior. You mentioned you read John Lear's writings, he mentioned doing the same thing: live life to the fullest, spend time with your friends, tell your family you love them.

Don't sit around in your fallout shelter being a scrooge

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Dont forget about the nature of chaos...

one problem, can often make us realize that another problem really isn't as important as we thought...

In other words... maybe Iran will become less of an issue, and resolve itself (since we seem to be the main diplomatic problem there) if we focus more on North Korea...

Or of course, the "end all"...
If aliens show up at the UN, then all bets are off, and our problems of today, become relics of the past...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
China V Tawiann would only happen once the others kick off.
China wants taiwann, BADLY.. and if there's NO US intervention, and the US is bogged down enough NOT to be able to supply weapons.. then china will walk in on twaiwann.

Very true. I could see that happening.

I could see Syria joining the foe, and even see Saudi be attacked ' mainly from internal factions, but they will be supplied from outside sources '

Yeah, I forgot about them.

I wish it would just kick off already.
Its obvious the world needs it, and Id love to see the ME and Korea.

Um...sidistic, much? I may sit here and speculate about when WWIII is going to happen, but that doesn't mean I want it to happen. I have relatives on the West Coast and I'd prefer that Kim Jung doesn't nuke them. I really would rather be wrong about the war, but I'm afraid I'm not. You have to understand that what you see on the TV screen gives you no accurate depiction of war, at all. In war, people die. No, let me rephrase that. People DIE, which is never something I look forward to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join