It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge: No Ban For Violent Games!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Amazing!

A judge did his job this week, he upheld the constitution for all Americans by stating that to ban a game, especially to minors just because it has violent content in AGAINST the constitution!

U.S. District Judge James Brady said the state had no right to bar distribution of materials simply because they show violent behavior.

“Depictions of violence are entitled to full constitutional protection,” Brady wrote in issuing the injunction Thursday.

Now, of course a many will say it makes our children violent. I say society in its self makes kids violent, bad parents make kids violent, pathetic schools make kids violent, hell you could say invading other countries makes kids violent. Instead America loves to make excuses as to why kids appear to be so violent, so anti social instead of actually adressing the issue. I can assure you getting rid of games will cause more violence because the kids that once spent their life online in MMORPG's or on the X-box will have no where to direct their energies.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I could not agree more...

Parents and our govt. want to blame everything else except for themselves.
But when it boils down it is the lack of parenting that causes these problems. Our nations pro military views dont help either. But lets blame it on video games and movies and books of fiction. Maybe if parents took more time explaining to their children that video games are NOT reality and if these kids do those same things in reality that they do in these games... there are going to be consequences for those actions. Example: In GTA(Grand Theft Auto series) if you pick up a hooker and kill her. In the game theres no consequences.. but obviously reality would have major consequences. Time to step up to the plate parents.. and take some responsibility for your kids and yourselves.

I, for one, am happy with this decision. As freedom of expression is one of our most basic rights. Video Games are one of those expressions. And the Judge did the right thing...

thank you for your time,

TONE23

join