It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about the last chapters of the Holy Bible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I had to edit and refine the following post quite a bit in case you didn't notice, queenannie, as the library's computer ran out of time and kicked me off:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
3.Does the Lake of Fire last forever for the sinful people?

I think that that is ambiguous no? The lake of fire could be taken to mean 'hell', ruled over by 'the devil' as a place of permanent perpetual punishment, but, then again, that'd be out of context in the semitic religions no?

Couldn't, infact, being caste into the lake of fire mean that you are annihilated, rather than eternally punished? I mean, up until that moment, the dead reside 'in the grave', in 'sheol'. When jesus returns, they rise from the grave and are physically restored. Then everyone is judged, with the people with their name in the book of life going to heaven, and the people that don't have it there getting tossed into the lake. Its not explicitly talking about spirit. When jesus is ressurected, its his body, not a ghostly spirit, that is walking around, and that body ascends directly into the heavens and resides there. The dead are also resurrected, and ascend into heaven at the end of the world. Meanwhile, the living, after those that aren't saved are destroyed, continue going on living, on earth, for a thousand years, and then the whole universe is snuffed out. Satan isn't roaming free during that time, the beast is bound up in 'the pit', which isn't the same as the lake of fire, and neither are (necessarily) 'hell'.

So it makes just as much sense that the dead are resurrected at the second comming, the unsaved are destroyed, completely, physically and spiritually, the beast is locked up and away, and there is a perfected world that goes on, with jesus as its literal 'king', and then god turns out the lights on the whole universe, the lake of fire, earth, the pit, the beast, everything (presumably excluding heaven itself), all 'material' existence.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Hi Esoteric Teacher
lol

I must say, your word-play is at least entertaining, and even useful at times(but to what degree, this time, I haven't determined yet).

brace yourself .... .. .

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

babylon

NO LIE BABE (but the "e" at the end of "babe" is silent, remove it.)

NO LIE BAB (but a "y" would take up less space than the "ie" in "lie")

NO LY BAB [mirror] BABYLON . .. . . . had something to do with a curse???

what building in babylon??

it was not in babylon.

who is accredited with building the great pyramid???

2 names:

Kufu Cheops

reverse all the syllables.. .. . fuk you(u) spoech (speach) ... . ... .

f.u.speach

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i wonder if someone knows theses questions.The interpretation of words in the bible are different than the ones in the modern world.
.So whats the bible definition of fire,brimstone.
.Whats the real interpretation of this?

11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
i wonder if someone knows theses questions.The interpretation of words in the bible are different than the ones in the modern world.

I think that it has to be the case in many instances. Just look even at what 'messiah' means to a jew in the pre-christian era and what it means to a christian today. I mean, the older parts of the book are the tales of a tribe of bronze-age goat-herders, surely there's been some garbling along the way.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Another question-
I've heard from someone that hearing voices in your head is against Christian practice,if so then is it the Devil or God speaking??

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Lets stick to the topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join