It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google.com Censoring Alex Jones Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I can't believe it google has been reseting the hit count on the 9/11 videos so they wont reach the top ten!!!

www.911blogger.com...

Google Caught In Terror Storm Censorship
Viewing totals reset despite runaway popularity of Alex Jones video

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones/Prison Planet.com | September 25 2006

Google is again embroiled in a censorship farce after its Google Video sub-division was caught altering viewing statistics for Alex Jones' Terror Storm documentary, resetting runaway growth curbs to prevent the video making the website's top ten and its online viewership exploding exponentially.

Following last week's buzz about Terror Storm being available for viewing free on Google Video, numerous websites linked to our promo page and as a result viewing figures for all versions of Terror Storm at Google Video began to climb rapidly.

However, upon checking the same viewer figures on Sunday, Alex Jones noticed that many had been reset to zero and had only begun to climb into the hundreds and early thousands, nowhere near their previous levels of tens and hundreds of thousands for the previous days. The trends had been artificially reversed and this prevented Terror Storm from entering the top ten list of Google Video which would have ensured an explosion of further circulation of the video.
www.prisonplanet.com...

please contact Google now and let them know we are watching them and we dont appreciate censorship.

Mod Edit: All Caps Title– Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/9/2006 by Umbrax]

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 25-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Anyone willing to start a petition to boycott Google?

Regarding Recruiting: Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

1.e. does not apply to petitions. And I never said we'd organize it here. Just asking if folks were interested.

[edit on 25/9/06 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
that's it- to all people who doubted that scumbags in the government didn't control the media (to any degree from small suggestion to total control), now here is your proof.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Let's not exaggerate, even though Google shouldn't be resetting the counter, i hardly call it censoring. Since they do not stop anyone from watching the video, nor as far as i can tell cut out bits from the video. Funnily enough by doing this, Google may have inadvertantly triggered bigger interest now.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here's an article from earlier this year where Google was accused of tampering with Charlie Sheen's 9/11 story:
www.informationliberation.com...

If these allegations are true, I wonder what else Google is keeping from us

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Now i need a new search engine

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That's rather outrageous, but not too surprising.
This deserves more attention.
No videos should be censored in such a way, no matter the material.

[edit on 9/25/2006 by aecreate]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
it's a sad world. they control all of our news stations. I wouldnt be surprised if they own myspace google yahoo and all the other major search engines. They plan this ahead of time they know how powerful the media is in taking them down.

Infact if you do some research you'll be surprised to find that Aljazeera was bought out by a US company news station a few years or months ago. Also myspace was bought out by fox news for the millions. Seems all you need to do is create a strong networkign community and the neocons will buy you out for millions.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by dunkindonuts]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
They cant outright remove the videos.... This would enflame and cause major outrage if this worldwide information database RESTRICTED what could be put out for the world domain.

Resetting the number count is really the only realistic way they can manipulate it, without APPEARING to be directly affecting its availability.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Right now the counter for Terrer Storm on Google is at or about 150,000.I've also noticed that various other conspiracy/videos have been reset as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunkindonuts
I can't believe it google has been reseting the hit count on the 9/11 videos so they wont reach the top ten!!!

Believe it. they are a corporation just like any other and can be bought or intimidated. I am thinking the formar rather than the latter. China bought them not too long ago and had them censor their country, too.

The web is losing its freedom, too. One step at a time. Boiling frogs comes to mind again. Phew! It's getting hot in here.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
losing what freedom? They own google and they have the RIGHT to reset it whenever they so choose. If you got a problem with it, create your own search engine with alex jones and all will be right again.

What freedoms on the internet have you lost?

[edit on 9/26/06 by pugachev]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Anyone remember Google's old moto?
"Don't Be Evil"
It's what made them great.

Seems they are starting to forget now that they've become more ecconomicly empowered.

What's that old saying?
Power Corrupts, and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

The web is losing its freedom, too. One step at a time. Boiling frogs comes to mind again. Phew! It's getting hot in here.

You can pretty much say that about the world at large.

Shami Chakrabarti, Chairperson of the UK Human Rights group Liberty, quoted the boiling frogs scenario recently for what is happening in the UK and elsewhere.

If they turned up the boiling water in the pan too much, more people, the frogs, would notice and jump out.

As it is, it's one notch at a time.....heat's coming, no doubt.

Tyranny has patience.

And it's no use trying to find a new search engine to boycott this manipulation, this control......all of them can be bought, perhaps they already have.....the cold, stinking hand of tyranny carries in it's palm much gold and silver, and wields power with it, reaching far.

So how to resist if peaceful questioning and demonstration of our governments is slowly repressed and ended on the internet and elsewhere?

Evolution is key, intelligence, ability, and a willing to change the ways we do this.

Learn not to rely on the internet to question, and try to find answers, and ask more questions.

That is key....for if we can't evolve and deal with this....we are doomed either to final oppression with the last vestiges of freedom stifiled and seemingly not a hope for the things we hold dear.....or violence.

I fear for my nieces....I fear what world they will grow up in....I fear that one day they will ask "What was freedom like?" or they won't ask because they are too young to know that the thing they call Freedom is not freedom after all....but to fear is to already to face a reality we may lose.

This is not accepting defeat, or accepting that defeat is likely....it is looking at the abyss, looking at what the reality of what it will be like, and deciding to resist at all costs.

Fear can be good, it can motivate, but let it not destroy you and ruin, but motivate all to resist that which is to be feared. What happens when the boiling of frogs has reached it's highest notch heat......what then.....what then.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pugachev
losing what freedom? They own google and they have the RIGHT to reset it whenever they so choose. If you got a problem with it, create your own search engine with alex jones and all will be right again.

Well for starters, if a particular video has gained enough fame to rise to the top 10, its in popular demand, why reset the counter and automaticly drop its popularity? Not to mention a video tied to such a touchy subject?

Even though google calls the shots, its still a bad move. Even the supplier of free information seems to be taking sides now.

top topics

join