It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I protest the Mosquito advertisement on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I cant believe I haven't seen this posted anywhere else. When I am surfing ATS, I use Mozilla's FireFox browser, so it's very convenient to right click, and open my pages in new tabs.
So what is the problem you ask??? When I am skimming through opening pages in new tabs, there will be this very loud, annoying buzz, VERY LOUD and VERY ANNOYING. Then I am forced to go to the pages i just opened, and scroll around til I find the culprit. Lo and behold, it is an adverrtisement.
I feel very backed into the corner....... because I have two choices here. I can either close the page.... or click the add and zap the mosquito to get it to shut the eff up. I know that these ads help ATS out..... but I really don't think that is a good way to force someone to either click out of their page or the ad...... just my two cents.

Peace

[edit on 25-9-2006 by TheWayTheTruth]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Pro Tip:

1.Turn your volume down/ off

2. Sign in. generally this stops 90% of ATS popups

3. Use an external source for music so your volume can be comprimised.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I agree with you totally, that bug drives me insane. A big cyber fly swatter would come in handy. I usually refresh the page, and sometimes a differant set of ads will come up.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
First off, why in the farfegneugen is this in the skunkworks forum???

Secondly, the annoying ads has its very own HITLIST thread for the almight SO to squash. The mosquito ad has been at the bane of this sites existence for a while, but i havent seen it in weeks on weeks.

Go here to complain about the AD's you dont like

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Please discuss in Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist).

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join