It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Law Suit on Tobacco, This Time a Duzy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Of course not, but it is your aspect that is irrelevant.

You argue that people should be denied access to tobacco because it has the potential to do harm.

I gave you examples of other things we have access to that have the potential to do harm.

And we don't require standard layout keyboards to live.

>
catching up with your edit...

I am not putting my nose in anyones personal business. If I want to destroy filth to prevent the people I love from suffering the diseases of them thats my business. If you want to try and grow your own, fine by me. Cut out the mass production and the marketing to convince others their lives will be better with poison and things will be better.

Yes, you are.

The people you love will only suffer from these diseases if they become ADDICTED. And if they chose to become addicted, they have that right. YOU have ZERO right to determine their lives for them.

And if you want to argue that marketing angle, you really need to take a marketing class first.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by apc]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't like typing, but I do need it to put up a good debate

Hopefully once voice transcribing technology becomes perfect, we can make keyboards illegal too

I am not telling anyone they cannot smoke, I am just saying if they did not have access to it, they would not be doing it. And their bodies would be a little better for the most part.

apc

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So, you're saying we should cut off the supply without doing anything about the demand?

Something tells me that wouldn't work...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I figure it this way, if one cannot survive without the poison that is killing you quicker (how ironic), then Darwin's theory of survival will simply be taking place. I don't see Gorillas, antelope, or ducks jumping for a cig, why should humans? Hey if it causes people to committ crime, they will be justly disciplined.

apc

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well... you may not like this. But I think you agree with me.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If you watch pigmies (sp) rolling up weird leaves to smoke at all, you will know that even people who have never been exposed to a real cigarrettes, have been looking for that outlet that a cigarrette or a smoke gives.

We are a strange race.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Perhaps then, it is not our brain that has evolved, but has actually been corrupted. therefore our species looks for ways to hurt itself for some reasons? I dunno its all crazy. I do know a person does not have the right or freedom to smack around their kids while they are on drugs, drunk, or because they are so stressed out for not having their smoke fix.

apc

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Then your fight is still with the addiction, not with the substance.

And it's not the harm our species seeks... it's the mood alteration. Pleasure, mainly. Just as some people run to get an endorphine rush.

There's no corruption about it. This is who we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join