It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Marines are charged with murder and face a court martial.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Three Marines are charged with the murder of Hashim Ibrahim in Hamdaniya Iraq. If convicted the Marines wont face the death penalty. Other charges laid against the Marines include making a false statement and assult.

www.cnn.com
In June, a source close to the case said Navy investigators had statements from some of those involved that the man's death was staged.

The men, who have been jailed at Camp Pendleton, California, allegedly removed Awad from his home in the village of Hamdaniya and fatally shot him, then planted an AK-47, shell casings and a shovel near his body to make it look like he was an insurgent who was planting a bomb.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There isnt a lot of info at hand yet. But once the date of the Marines court martial has been set and is released the usual TV newsroom circus will begin that is unless the novelty of US service personal facing criminal charges in Iraq has worn off.

I think that it is very important that the marines face a jury trial (the court martial version of an jury trial assuming there are legal differnces) rather then a trial by news rooms and public opinion.

Public opinion will be split beween the people that will automatically find the Marines guilty and those who will claim there innocent to counter the last group of people.
The final group of people will be like me who are going to wait for any more information that may be released and the court martial verdict.
[edit on 25-9-2006 by xpert11]

[edit on 25-9-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I am with you, the final group.

I am a former Marine and one would expect that I would jump to the defense, but there really isn't enough information at this point.

If they did what is alleged, they should fry. Yet, it needs to be proven and like you said, not NOT not tried in the court of public opinion.

Semper

new topics

join