It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Jerry Falwell Lost His Mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Poor Jerry Falwell
« on: September 24, 2006, 01:39 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Falwell says Hillary would spark base 1 hour, 4 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The Rev. Jerry Falwell says a White House run by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton would energize his base of religious conservatives even more than if the devil were the Democratic nominee.

"I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell told a private prayer breakfast. "Because nothing will energize my (constituency) like Hillary Clinton."

"If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't," Falwell added, drawing a roomful of laughs and cheers.

The remarks came during a 40-minute address Friday morning at the "Values Voter Summit," sponsored by the country's leading conservatives and featuring several Republicans who are considering running for president in 2008.

The Los Angeles Times, which reported Falwell's comments in a story Sunday, said it obtained a tape recording of the talk and confirmed Falwell's remarks with those who heard them.

An aide to Falwell said the remarks were off-the-cuff and not intended to demonize the Democratic senator from New York.

Attendees also were assured during the prayer breakfast that God would preserve a Republican majority in Congress.

There was no immediate reaction Sunday from the senator's office.

Falwell's Lucifer Comment

So,I know that the guy was joking but really!! This is a man that so self-righteously criticized everything the United States stands for after 9/11 and then makes a remark like this...

For those who don't know, Falwell basically stated that the U.S, because of its many liberties, was the cause of the attack on 9/11. So, now he's went from being self-righteous to "devil's" advocate? Bizarre statements for a "man of God". Furthermore, is this part of the NWOs conspiracy to open the doors for the one world dictator?

[edit on 25-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 25-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hum...
guess the check cashed...

I think the republicans are looking for the next christian rallying point...
They realize that Pat Robertson has lost his reputation, and they need those jesus votes...

but on a side note... I agree with him...
If Hillary won the primary... then the christians would march, with everything from
"A woman must know her place, and support her man"
to
"she advocates a womans choice, so she is the devil"

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Funny question ... 'HAS' Falwell lost his mind.
I thought he lost it years ago. But please .. keep posting the latest on him. It's kinda interesting .. like driving by a car accident and rubber necking.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I think the republicans are looking for the next christian rallying point...

Actually, most of the Republicans I know are looking for Guiliani. If you have seen his personal life you'd know that he definately isn't even close to being a neocon. I don't see the Republicans going with another fundamentalist christian (or someone who claims to be a fundamentalist christian).

Seriously .. someone like that would not even get out of the gate. IMHO

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe he's crazy, but is he wrong? Would anyone else the Democrats could possibly run stir up the Republican party like Hillary? I don't think so.

She'll hold off announcing a run for the presidency for as long as possible. As soon as someone becomes an "official" candidate, they lose a measure of popularity.

I know this is a bit of a nit pick, but I don't think all "Christians" would march against Hillary. There are plenty of Christian Democrats who'd be thrilled to see her candidacy, and in a positive way.

Nit pick #2- I don't think he was equating Hillary and Lucifer, but I do think he was making the point that she'd be as much of a polarizing influence on his "constituency" as "Lucifer" would be. (Which brings up a whole side issue about Jerry's view of who/what "Lucifer" is/was. But that's another issue entirely).

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
the threat title is a rhetorical question, right?

i deal with what falwell says the same way i deal with what robertson says, i take it with a grain of salt

both of those men have something messed up in their heads, just don't trust them

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I know this is a bit of a nit pick, but I don't think all "Christians" would march against Hillary. There are plenty of Christian Democrats who'd be thrilled to see her candidacy, and in a positive way.

When I read that I about choked up. Please dont tell me shes going to run or even become the p. cant say the word I will puke.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Jerry Falwell, the same that gave us homosexual cartoons and
SnowWhite beind a prostitute because the dwarves always greeted her wit " HI Ho"
right?

Need you ask?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
Jerry Falwell, the same that gave us homosexual cartoons and
SnowWhite beind a prostitute because the dwarves always greeted her wit " HI Ho"
right?

Need you ask?

Well,yeah...However, one of the teletubbies does portray a homosexual character. It even carries around a purse.
That being said, Falwell is continuously making comments that just make absolutely no sense.

I have also turned against Pat Robertson... I did that several years ago when I read his book New World Order.

top topics

join