It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is not what it used to be

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think kurt that it would help if you went back and browsed through some of the older threads on the board. They are excellent ways of killing many many hours and contain a treasure trove of useful information.

Edit:

Err also, having just returned after an almost yearlong break, I can assure you that the board and site is far more active than it was when I left. The staff have done a top notch job in my opinion.

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Kano]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I must agree with Kano. I had been a lurker on this board for roughly a year before I registered, as I figured being unregistered, I could not post. That year gave me the chance to read up on topics from the past, and gain the knowledge of the subjects before I registered and could post.

With this said, I have to point out that Simon has a point that not being registered for long should be a small detail used to determine weather or not to speak out, however, if the person under debate is like me, having lurked so long before registering, they could have seen MANY changes to the boards over that time. I have seen many changes, just had not been "registered" to post. (not meant as an arguement Simon, much respect to you)

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
People if you do not like the site leave it. We are not forcing you to stay here. Don't flood the board with your bitching about going old school again.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
whiners.

here you are.
STFU.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
peronally i think ats has changed for the worse when i first signed i would start threads and know someone would reply and that my thread would be accepted. i feel the lack of people posting or starting a new topic is down the moderators. personally i feel scared to post anything because theres always something for something to nag at. i.e its been talked about b4 or ive placed it in the wrong forum, or even spelling and grammar. ive noticed many people also ripping it out of people and their views. i feel a bit a calmness and respect is needed so that the site is like what it used to not that long ago..

man am I with you on this Cobain. I posted a plea for sanity in the political mudpit and their #ting on me. I miss the way it used to be.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Kurt, your registration date is 25-8-2003. Personally, I don't think having only been a poster for that long gives you the right to make such a harsh comment against ATS.

Seen better days... you've been here a little over two months. Make it two years then you have the ability to make such a judgement. For a message board, I think an appropriate timespan of residence to make evolutionary judgements based on it needs to be at least 10 times your being here.

Can't be bothered with a pleasant remark, you are basically complaining about posts such as your own you have started.

However.............a valide question asked in the recent survey is how long have you been visiting...not just how long have you been registered. IT is possible that some visitors (pre-post) have a read on the pulse as it was...it was that pulse that finally compelled some of us visitors (me included) to register. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Good Lord Fury........I spit my drink on my screen and key-board when I saw that picture! I still remember the first time you used it.......seeing it again brought back some fond memories...........

BRB...got to clean-up the mess I just made, but I do appreciate the cramp I got from laughing at it.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Funny but been there and done this before.

Been at other boards where this or that group controlled it so they could rant all day long about how they were right and everyone else in the world was wrong. Boriiinnnngggg!

The best debate is when the truth or the facts or the most logical explanation is revealed period!

If what I exclaim is valid then ATS is a better place than when I first landed here. Hoping that over its long and distinguished history there have been peaks and valleys always leading to higher and higher peaks! Which appears to be the case. Good work!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
ATS is not what it used to be...ya know, you're right!

It's even better than it used to be!

This place is what you make it, if you're not happy with it here you can try to improve it (submit suggestions, complaints, etc., or make some interesting contributions) or simply don't visit the site. It's that simple.

I really, really, really have to wonder about those that find this forum SOOO terrible YET they keep coming here to voice their 'concern'.

You're free to leave, it won't hurt our feelings, I promise.

On the flipside, if you have a concern, suggestions, etc, the staff here is ALL EARS. Many of the improvements, features, and functionality currently available was added because of member's feedback.

Otherwise I will have to take posts like this w/ a grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
peronally i think ats has changed for the worse when i first signed i would start threads and know someone would reply and that my thread would be accepted. i feel the lack of people posting or starting a new topic is down the moderators. personally i feel scared to post anything because theres always something for something to nag at. i.e its been talked about b4 or ive placed it in the wrong forum, or even spelling and grammar. ive noticed many people also ripping it out of people and their views. i feel a bit a calmness and respect is needed so that the site is like what it used to not that long ago..

I hear you man, I almost quit like last week.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
well, Eagle, out of curiosity, why did you almost leave and what made you change your mind?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Perhaps everyone would like to take a trip to Valhall's latest blog entry - Diminishing Novelty vs Diminishing Quality. A very nice piece of writing on this very topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by SimonGray]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join