It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is not what it used to be

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
peronally i think ats has changed for the worse when i first signed i would start threads and know someone would reply and that my thread would be accepted. i feel the lack of people posting or starting a new topic is down the moderators. personally i feel scared to post anything because theres always something for something to nag at. i.e its been talked about b4 or ive placed it in the wrong forum, or even spelling and grammar. ive noticed many people also ripping it out of people and their views. i feel a bit a calmness and respect is needed so that the site is like what it used to not that long ago..

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
*moved to board questions forum*

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i can understand what you mean kurt, ats seams to be in a bit of a rough patch at the moment hopefully it will pull out....

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
At one time you couldn't keep me away from this place, but now I just don't really see the point anymore. I don't enjoy this community as much as I used to, some great members have gone and a bunch of no marks have come in.
I drop by now and then to see if anything of interest is going on but nothing seems to be improving at the moment.
Hopefully I will turn up soon and things will have changed for the better.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
oh come on ppl.
It's just the time of the year, days are getting shorter, the weather sucks, it's getting colder every day...

Forgive me, but I actually think the worst part is over, last two weeks I've noticed an increase in good posts (I actually gave a few insider appreciations, something I hadn't done for months).
I know the quality of the posts was worse than a few months ago, I won't deny that. but when i look at the aircraft forum, science and tech forum and the Ancient & Lost Civilizations forum (my favorite forums) I have to conclude that the quality is increasing every day...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I also think that the quality of the posts are increasing. I actually think they are better than four or five months ago.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So need another WAR?......then we can talk about leaders, conspiracies, et. cetera..........there is nothing wrong with the forums Zion mentioned.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   

or ive placed it in the wrong forum

Zion:

*moved to board questions forum*

The irony of this is just hysterical....

oh come on ppl.
It's just the time of the year, days are getting shorter, the weather sucks, it's getting colder every day...

Forgive me, but I actually think the worst part is over, last two weeks I've noticed an increase in good posts (I actually gave a few insider appreciations, something I hadn't done for months).
I know the quality of the posts was worse than a few months ago, I won't deny that. but when i look at the aircraft forum, science and tech forum and the Ancient & Lost Civilizations forum (my favorite forums) I have to conclude that the quality is increasing every day...

I agree wholeheartedly...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Having been here only 2 weeks i wouldn't know really, however im addicted to this place completely, there's so much info here. I think Zion Mainframe is right, its a busy time and people are busy with stuff. Anyways i try to be as diverse in here as i can "evil grin". ... No Pun Intended heh yeah riiiiight

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This board, like all internet message boards, has zero obligation to keep people interested. The posters have the same rule applied to them. If you don't like it, leave. I don't know why posts like this get made as this is how every single message board works.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've decided to have a little rant on this very topic:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by William

Cool Rant Eh! I do hope no one tries to sue us for being diverse "smirk"

Ooops forgot to add something

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
This board, like all internet message boards, has zero obligation to keep people interested. The posters have the same rule applied to them. If you don't like it, leave. I don't know why posts like this get made as this is how every single message board works.

i understand exacally what you are saying...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by William

Nice little rant, actually. I think everyone who's ever been a moderator can appreciate how hard this is and how frustrating it is.

To the dissatisfied: For pity's sake, go find a board you like better!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
we're not worthy, we're not worthy

nice rant William

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
First of all, I am a newbie.

I wanted to get involved right away, so I started posting. A couple of my posts got lots of attention and gave me confidence about making more posts.

I then realized that I made some posts that were not needed. Did I upset someone or did someone think I wasn't funny, probably.

I think that the Adopt a newbie idea was great ! As I have U2U'd my adopter a few times and asked questions that I didn't feel needed to be posted.

I have also started asking more questions of other members, via U2U rather than posting them abroad, with great replies I might add.

One of my main goals here was to learn more about the main topics here, ALiens, UfO's and Government agencies. Which I have received some great advice from Gazrok and Infinite ( thanks guys ).

my point for this post is, you may not always like what you see here.. but that's going to be with any website, just move on, come back another day, maybe then there will be topics that you do like and can post your thoughts on.

I just wanted to get my 2 cents in here. I Love ATS and I look very forward to learning more from each and every member and becoming a long time member here.

Have a great day.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I doubt I shall ever post as much as I have in the past, as events are changing for me, but have hope for ATS. There, at its core, a fine group of people. Give them time, I suspect we may some day see wonderful things happen here.

Grimm out

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
On the contrary... ATS is all it was, and more.

But it seems that many members lack the initiative to find the quality posts. Perhaps it may be helpful if the site were to employ a large quantity of post-quality-judges so they can apply a "grade" to each and every post. Then perhaps one could sort, by grade, the posts and then read only the pre-approved high-grade choice posts as determined by someone esle.

(excuse the sarcasm)

There is more here than there ever was. That is the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Something is wrong here. Two of you are members since 2002.

I thought the complaints were supposedly coming from those who've been here 6 months or less.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Kurt, your registration date is 25-8-2003. Personally, I don't think having only been a poster for that long gives you the right to make such a harsh comment against ATS.

Seen better days... you've been here a little over two months. Make it two years then you have the ability to make such a judgement. For a message board, I think an appropriate timespan of residence to make evolutionary judgements based on it needs to be at least 10 times your being here.

Can't be bothered with a pleasant remark, you are basically complaining about posts such as your own you have started.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join