It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Border Guards Flee Posts After 'Dangerous' Traveler Warning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
well people from canada are not used to much violence so i guess they just don't expect for anything violent to happen, even though there is some violence in canada it's much less worst then in usa...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Iconoclast
Guess what buddy, I work in law enforcement in Arizona, so I have a very good idea about what I am talking about.

Really? Dispatcher or crossing guard?

The Minutemen are an embarassment and a hinderance to us doing our job.

They're not an embarassment to any red-blooded American that I know.

They are NOT helping the situation in any way. The hinder our enforcement efforts, destroy crime scenes and compromise physical evidence. They are working outside to constructs of the law and do not aide us in any fashion.

Wrong again. They are acting totally within their legal rights. And 54% of Arizonan's supported them in a recent poll.

When the law is clearly defined in how we have to treat people that are captured trying to enter into the country illegally these clown do nothing but make our lives more difficult.

I think this sums up why you can't/won't do your jobs:

Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

U.S. Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, The Washington Times has learned.

More than a dozen agents, all of whom asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, said orders relayed by Border Patrol supervisors at the Naco, Ariz., station made it clear that arrests were "not to go up" along the 23-mile section of border that the volunteers monitored to protest illegal immigration.

"It was clear to everyone here what was being said and why," said one veteran agent. "The apprehensions were not to increase after the Minuteman volunteers left. It was as simple as that."

washingtontimes.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
[edit on 28-9-2006 by nyrie]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Now I ask our friendly Canadian neighbors, how can you allow your government to act in such a callous manner?

[edit on 9/25/2006 by shots]

Our government is too busy kissing Mr. Bush's behind to deal with 'national security'.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
duplicate

[edit on 28-9-2006 by The Iconoclast]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
duplicate

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
duplicate

link   
duplicate

link   
duplicate

link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Really? Dispatcher or crossing guard?

Becky, that's hilarious! I'll pass along your best to the rest of the crossing guards keeping your sorry ass safe on the streets.

They're not an embarassment to any red-blooded American that I know.

That's funny Becky. You mustn't know many people, at least not ones who have an IQ above a loaf of bread. People with a brain realize that to properly execute the duties of enforcement of the law that rules must be followed. The minutemen don't abide by the laws and make our job that much tougher. The border patrol spend more time watching the cowboys than they do watching the borders any more.

Wrong again. They are acting totally within their legal rights. And 54% of Arizonan's supported them in a recent poll.

They are within their rights, except when they attempt to get involved in law enforcement. The minute they get involved in trying to stop an illegal entering the country they are obstructing justice. They have been instructed to clear areas where searches and investigations are going on, and have refused to do so. That is obstruction.

I think this sums up why you can't/won't do your jobs:

Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

U.S. Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, The Washington Times has learned.

More than a dozen agents, all of whom asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, said orders relayed by Border Patrol supervisors at the Naco, Ariz., station made it clear that arrests were "not to go up" along the 23-mile section of border that the volunteers monitored to protest illegal immigration.

"It was clear to everyone here what was being said and why," said one veteran agent. "The apprehensions were not to increase after the Minuteman volunteers left. It was as simple as that."

washingtontimes.com...

That is a load of garbage. As I mentioned, border patrol spends more time watching the minutemen than they do looking for illegals. You know what happens when one of these clowns engages an individual trying to enter into the United States? Any sort of injury to the illegal constitutes assault. If charges are pressed, that measn the illegal gets to remain in the country until the case goes before a judge and reaches a settlement. These cowboys cause more headaches than they are worth.

link   

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
The story was about people that fled the US and were in pursuit of police in the US but came to the border and the Canadian guards did not feel secure enough to deal with the situation.

This is not true. They did not come to the border. They were reported to be heading for the border into Canada, but at the time that was said, they were actually 1000 miles from the border.
It was, as others have said, purely a union action.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

That's funny Becky. You mustn't know many people, at least not ones who have an IQ above a loaf of bread.

Yes, that's never so obvious as when I'm arguing with you.

And the userid is jsobecky.

The minutemen don't abide by the laws and make our job that much tougher. The border patrol spend more time watching the cowboys than they do watching the borders any more.

That's a lie. No, that's two lies in a row.

The Minutemen are known for following the laws. They do not try to apprehend illegals; instead, they notify the border patrol.

They are within their rights, except when they attempt to get involved in law enforcement. The minute they get involved in trying to stop an illegal entering the country they are obstructing justice.

Wrong again. They observe and notify. That's getting involved. That's legal.

That is a load of garbage.

Let me see...who am I going to believe? The Washington Times or a crossing guard?

As I mentioned, border patrol spends more time watching the minutemen than they do looking for illegals.

Then they are not doing their jobs. And that's why people like you are so against the Minutemen - because they are exposing your failure to do your job.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The Minutemen are an embarassment and a hinderance to us doing our job.

The Minutemen are not an embarassment for the law officers who work the border. The Minutemen are an embarassment for the US GOVERNMENT who still refuses to address border security and refuses to properly fund our law enforcement and border security. The Minutemen shouldn't feel like they have to be there. They should feel comfortable and secure with what the government has done. Since they dont' feel that way, they are acting the same way Americans through the centuries have acted when they feel the government has failed ... they do it themselves.

Seriously .. Don't feel embarassed that they are there Iconoclast. It's not a slap in the face for you. It's a slap in the face for the Government.

I do have one question .. why are you spending your time watching the Minutemen instead of watching for Illegals? I don't understand that. The minutemen are Americans and have a right to be there. The illegals don't. That's a sincere question. I'm not being antagonistic.

As far as any Mexicans complaining about the Minutemen ...

The Minute Men are just undocumented border patrol workers. They just want a better life. They aren't hurting anyone. They are undocumented workers trying to help their family and friends. You should welcome them and treat them with the respect due any human being who is suffering and who wants to make a better life for their families. *sound familiar* ??

[edit on 9/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm taking a risk weighing in on the minutemen topic, as I know little about it, but anyways... As far as the reasons that they volunteer to undertake this task, I am quite skeptical. If I recall, the Thanksgiving dinner celebrates the fact that the original hosts of this land did the opposite, and welcomed the newbies, to settle and be neighbors to them here. Then, when food was scarce, they even saved their butts by helping them make it through the winter here. Good thing they didn't share the minutemen mentality. Of course, that is simplistic and legal immigration is a huge operation, welcoming great numbers of new people from everywhere. But, still, there are a great many good, hardworking, honest, illegals. They just want what you have. In the legal immigration ranks there is also a percentage that turn out to be criminals. So, legality does not guarantee anything. And most illegals help the economy. I wish there was more legal immigration, to stem the illegal tide. It is sad that after being immigrants ourselves, we now want to hold back the same opportunities from others with the same hopes and dreams our forebears had when they landed.
Let em in....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join