It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Partially Lifts Ban on Liquids on Airplanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The TSA announced today that they are partially lifting the ban on liquids and gels on airplanes. However, this is good news for vendors and probably bad news for consumers:

Source:CNN.com
He said that most liquids and gels that air travelers purchase in secure areas of airports will now be allowed on planes. He called the new procedures a "common sense" approach that would maintain a high level of security at airports but ease conditions for passengers.

I will not be surprised at all to see the costs of drinks and other items at the little stores beyond security check-points sky rocket. But what gets me is this:

Source: Same as above
New procedures also were announced for toiletries and products like lip gloss and hand lotion that passengers bring to the airport. Previously, those liquids have been confiscated at security checkpoints. Now, these products will be limited to 3-ounce sizes and must fit in a clear, 1-quart size plastic bag. The bags will be screened and returned if they are cleared.

If they have a screening procedure for hand lotion, why can’t they have one for sodas, water, juice etc. so the passenger does not have to pay exorbitant prices at the airport? I wonder if airlines and stores in secure areas will strike some kind of deal to maximize profits? I hope not, I hope the consumer doesn't get taken for a ride.

new topics

join