It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem Cell Breakthrough?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi all!

Found this article while reading the Guardian today, apparently researchers at the Centre for Life, Newcastle, Uk, have succeeded in making dead Cells into living tissue!

I know theres all sorts of moral issues surround stem cell research here in the UK and probably around the world, but surely if they can find new treatments, or even cures for conditions such as Parkinsons and Alzheimers, its got to be worth it?

anyway, heres the article

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 9/25/2006 by ukmicky1980]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is great news, indeed! Although why they don't just use embryos which are the product of voluntary abortions I just don't understand. There must be millions of aborted embryos which are incinerated each month (in countries where abortion is legal) which can be used to keep someone else alive (and therefore would not have died in vain). Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
In Colorado if your pregnant and going to give your baby up for adoption, the state will pay for rent and food untill the baby is born. We used to be freinds witha couple untill we realised they were on their 5th freakin child (all adopted out). As soon as we realised what they were doing we steered clear.

Anyways, some couple like that will start cranking out aborted babies to sell to research companies and whoever else left and right.

Theres already enough horrible ways to make money. Can you imagine? Someone somewhere would be able to say, " I make a living getting abortions."

I think thats why abortion tissue will never be legal.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
In Colorado if your pregnant and going to give your baby up for adoption, the state will pay for rent and food untill the baby is born. We used to be freinds witha couple untill we realised they were on their 5th freakin child (all adopted out). As soon as we realised what they were doing we steered clear.
Anyways, some couple like that will start cranking out aborted babies to sell to research companies and whoever else left and right.
[edit on 26-9-2006 by Tiloke]

That must be the sickest thing I have ever heard! Goodness, I suppose it takes all types to make up the world. Thanks to whoever above that people like that are the minority.
Point taken, Tiloke!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I Wonder if there would be anyways around that. In the law system anyways.

Theres already enough horrible ways to make money. Can you imagine? Someone somewhere would be able to say, " I make a living getting abortions."

But it's almost so perfect of a way of getting money.

Well if your a greasy enough basterd to do it anyways.

top topics

join