It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Face Debunked - Again!

page: 1

join
share:
wdl

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi all

Check out the latest picture of the "Face" on Mars!

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

OK, so this is the most famous "anomaly" in the solar system and it's been well and truly debunked now that us Europeans have taken our own close up photos of it.

So let's have no more nonsense about NASA hidding the truth every time you see a rock that you are convinced looks like a human skull or a piece of R2-D2!

Last week some idiot posted a picture of a frigging crater on the moon that he was convinced looked like an abandoned mining operation from the sixties, for the love of God!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There is already a thread about this in the space exploration board.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And that "idiot" you are refering is one of the "three amigos", SO himself...
Anyway, I agree with you. No face on Mars, no mining operation on the Moon

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
First of all, it's not really fair calling someone an 'idiot' because they beleive something you don't, secondly, that isn't a picture, it's a CG representation.

You got any real photos?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This picture, for starters is not the face half of the face...

Richard Hoagland says this half looks like a lion, and if you look at it right, it kinda does... It's interesting to note that Richard predicted the second half would be lion like based off of the origional mars face images, before we had gotten higher quality images of the face (there's video of him telling it to the UN its half man/half lion recorded durring a time the origional mars face image was all we had)...

Others say this half had a blow out and it no longer in shape of the face...

The picture you would really want to see would be the other half of the hill, as that is the half that looked like the face in the famous pictures...

Keep in mind that, if in fact it is a face, the thing is thousands/millions of years old & is showing it's age... Just imagine what the pyramids & sphinx would look like after 100,000 years and nobody around to even try to preserve it...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Based on evidence (photograpic) it's not a face or "man-made". However, how are we to know for sure? No one has physicaly been there to see the thing first hand. I believe that its a natrual formation. I also have doubt's about Richard Hoagland's credibility.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I can't believe it's a face...why a face? Why not something more tangible? Like a craft landing on live TV during a presidential address?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If I uploaded a photo of a UFO that had landed. Lets just say in my back yard, no one would believe me even if i was telling the truth. You would all claim that photos are easily faked. So why is it everytime NASA or ESA release's a photo of Mars or the Moon, its considered to be authentic and real. Those latest pictures of Mars look over exposed to me and dont look natural.

I totally agree with what Bobby3 said if there was an alien civilization on mars all traces of it would have eroded away by now. I've seen pictures of Egyptian pyramids on Earth that look less like pyramids than some of the Mars pictures which are claimed to be nothing more than natural rock formations.

I personally dont trust Nasa and why should I ?

Check out the UFO documentary

www.jonhs.net...
www.jonhs.net...

What annoys me is that we have evidence of something that cant be explained and that we have a space agency whose main purpose is to explore and discover and carry out an indepth scientific investigation and analysis of all those things we dont understand to help further our understanding & knowledge of the world in which we live. Yet all we get from NASA are lame excuses and silence on such matters as UFO's.

There's one example where Storey Musgrave see's an object during a mission. He has been with NASA for 30 years and been involved in 6 missions. On one mission he spotted what can only be described as a snake like object in space. He stated "Twice I have seen what I call my eel - like a rubber hose with internal motions." Maybe it is 8 feet or 10 feet long. There is no question that it has internal motion" .

www.thewhyfiles.net... Sorry not very good quality - I'll see if i can find better quality footage.

www.thewhyfiles.net... Some other interesting videos.

www.thewhyfiles.net... Anomalous object caught on film in the vicinity of the Mir Space Station. Note how the object pauses and then changes direction - could it be intelligently controlled? (No doubt the skeptics will be saying its just the camera panning, lol)

If all these objects are simply debris, dust particles and ice particles, then why did NASA stop broadcasting its transmissions from the space shuttle and Space Station and resorted to using a secure channel instead. What's there to hide? There's been numerous times when an object has been caught on camera only for NASA to suddenly switch channels and cut the download link. Why ? To protect us from the revelation of space dust, lol

It beggars belief that we are seeing objects like this time & time again and there doesn't appear to be any scientific investigation whatsoever from NASA or any other scientists of what these objects could be. Ignorance is bliss.

I know this probably belongs in a different thread but its the main reason why I dont believe anything that NASA has to say.

I guess goldeagle sums it up. These pictures prove nothing. You can speculate all you like until we go there in person and even then can we trust NASA to be honest and upfront in what they might find ? I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Why do you think that NASA would want to cover up anything like this? Their funding would triple overnight and we'd be preparing a manned mission to Mars within a week.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
archive.alienzoo.com...
www.gaiaguys.net...

I suggest you checkout these two links. The answer to your question is obvious.

POWER & GREED...............Whats New!!!!!!

The truth can be placed in the open; exposed naked to the entire world. The truth does not need any laws to protect it, and it does not need secrecy to protect it. The truth does not need evidence destroyed, nor does it need videotapes to be confiscated.

Only lies need secrecy; only lies need protection from laws. Only lies benefit from fear, secrecy, blackmail, gossip, and confiscation of evidence.

why so much secrecy ?

There's loads of valid reasons for a coverup - example - lets just say these aliens had prove that God didnt exist. How would that effect all religious people & institutions on Earth.

What if they announced that Darwins theory of evolution is nonesense in regard to humanity and in actual fact they are our creators. Do you honestly think the people of Earth could handle that revelation ?

Theres loads of reasons but I suggest you checkout those links.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I agree there is no "face", but I also want to say that depending on the angle...even a picture of real face or sculpture (especially one that has eroded) would be difficult to identify if taken at a low or strange angle. The optical illusion pictures of the hag/beautiful woman reminds me that sometimes you have don't always see a face when one exists.

Poor Richard C. Hoagland...he is running out of fuzzy pictures to make a living off of. I love listening to his child like enthusiasm for space, but if I had to work every day with that guy I'd probably kill him because of his fanciful logic.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spyz
Why do you think that NASA would want to cover up anything like this? Their funding would triple overnight and we'd be preparing a manned mission to Mars within a week.

There is a simple answer for the conspiracy of denying that there is life in outer space. It is so simple and deep down we all know the real reason why they deny it. They fear the reaction of people. Another aspect to it is that it would cause major upheavals in our political and religious structures.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i have read about the face for years.

i find it peculiar that Richard Hoagland has YET to update his website. do you think he's been working day and night to salvage what is left of his credibility?

if nothing else, that region offers what appears to be a perfect spot to land a manned mission. why not just land there?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobby3
This picture, for starters is not the face half of the face...

Richard Hoagland says this half looks like a lion, and if you look at it right, it kinda does... It's interesting to note that Richard predicted the second half would be lion like based off of the origional mars face images, before we had gotten higher quality images of the face (there's video of him telling it to the UN its half man/half lion recorded durring a time the origional mars face image was all we had)...

Others say this half had a blow out and it no longer in shape of the face...

The picture you would really want to see would be the other half of the hill, as that is the half that looked like the face in the famous pictures...

Keep in mind that, if in fact it is a face, the thing is thousands/millions of years old & is showing it's age... Just imagine what the pyramids & sphinx would look like after 100,000 years and nobody around to even try to preserve it...

the thing about "the face on mars", to me, assuming it really is a face, is that everyone knows dust storms are very common on mars. therefore, if it really is a face, it would be covered in several inches - or maybe even feet - of dust. who knows what "the face on mars" would look like - again, assuming it really is a face - if all the surface dust was removed?

i really don't know what it is. part of me wants to believe it's a face, but maybe that's because i'm dying to hear from authorities and aliens and UFO's are in fact real. but then again, hoagland's pictures with the reflectivity of the face has me partially convinced...and then there's the infared picture of cydonia that looks like a city with streets and buildings that really helps his case.

i also agree with kindred about the ESA photos. they honestly look terrible IMO. they look like they were printed on sandpaper and borderline animated. they don't look real at all like the original viking pictures of "the face on mars" do. come to think of it, all of the pictures of "the face on mars" look fake to me, even the really close zoomed in one taken a few years ago. it looks like it belongs in a playstation 2 game.

i'm only 20 years old, so i pray i know the real truth before i'm pushing up daisies.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by ChocoTaco369]

top topics

join