It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Jobs. Let's go behind the scenes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was just sitting out on my balcony,gazing at the mountains, enjoying some peace and tranquillity before I was rudely interrupted by the loud sound of a garbage truck a leaf blower and vaccum (neighbors). Anyway, It got me thinking of how little I think about, much less appreciate, these dirty or tough jobs my fellow humans work daily.

So let's reflect on the dirtiest or toughest job we've ever worked and send out a HUGE appreciation for those still behind the scenes (some of you may still be in that field) Hail Garbage Truck Workers!

My dirtiest job had to have been the summer I worked farming. Not only was it dirty, but also tough and exhausting. It made me realize how hard these people work to get crops going and keep them going. It seemed that the day never ever ended. So I send out a huge thank you to farmers!!

[edit on 25-9-2006 by HarpStrings]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The dirtiest job I ever had lasted for a day last summer (during a 90F+ heatwave) at a recycling plant. I had to pick all the plastic out of weeks-old household rubbish that had been baking in the sunshine before the bin-man collection...it took me 2 days of scrubbing to clean myself of the stink!

join