It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who confirms if you are or are not a Mason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Like I always see the arguement people stating George Bush is or isn't a Mason. I have not seen a record showing he is but who would you ask in the first place? Would you have to ask each(state) grand lodge to the blue lodges for this? Would they even tell you?

Also does North/South jurisdiction Scottish Rite oly confirm Scottish Rote membership assuming they make this public.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
Like I always see the arguement people stating George Bush is or isn't a Mason. I have not seen a record showing he is but who would you ask in the first place? Would you have to ask each(state) grand lodge to the blue lodges for this? Would they even tell you?

Also does North/South jurisdiction Scottish Rite oly confirm Scottish Rote membership assuming they make this public.

There really aren't any rules concerning public membership status, at least not in my jurisdiction. However, presidents are high profile folks, and would not be able to keep membership status private.

Also, every president who has been a Mason (there have been 15) were very public about their Masonic status, participated in public Masonic events, etc. Simply put, there would be no reason to even try to keep Masonic membership private, especially in the USA.

The Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite, S.J. USA, published its Proceedings after its biannual sessions. These list only those members who have been elected to receive the 33°, as well as those elected to be invested Knight Commander of the Court of Honour and Grand Cross of the Court of Honour.

new topics

join