It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any intimidation in Ritual?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Is there any intimidation used in ritual? Masonic or other? Any scary situations? Is there any weapons used at any point? Masonic or other again.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
Is there any intimidation used in ritual? Masonic or other? Any scary situations? Is there any weapons used at any point? Masonic or other again.

There is no intimidation in Masonic ritual, but I can't speak for other fraternities that I'm not a member of. Unfortunately, some Greek Letter Societies still practice various forms of hazing. Masonic ritual, however, is structured so as to provide the candidate at least some form of enlightenment.

As for weapons, swords are used for ceremonial purposes in some degrees, but not as weapons.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i know that one college social fraternity, intimidates their candidates by drawing the end of swords along the candidates legs while he is taking an oath of secrecy. this is done much like in the masonic ritual where the candidates are told to keep the fraternity's secrets or suffer various penalties.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by rotarychris7]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have Filipino brothers in my lodge who have told me that initiations in their homeland used to get physical (and even a little violent), but this is certainly not embraced in global Freemasonry as "regular". In fact, it's in direct contravention to all of the National Constitutions that I've perused.

They described something akin to "birthday punches" in the schoolyard... More juvenile than actually harmful.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There is in military rituals. Look for the video of USMC paratroopers getting their jump wings and you'll see what I mean

join