It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the men from the ministry hid the hunt for UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The Ministry of Defence went to extraordinary lengths to cover up its true involvement in investigating UFOs, according to secret documents revealed under the Freedom of Information Act.

source

Finally an admition that they did try to cover up the search for UFO's but when will they actually release the whole quota of files and information that they hold

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sorry friend but i posted this thread two minutes before you Edinburgh time!, it's a really cool article though..

[edit on 25/9/06 by October]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
These bits of disinformation propaganda make my blood boil.

"Boxing Day 1980 A UFO reportedly crash landed in Rendlesham forest, Suffolk, near the Woodbridge US air force base. The incident was nicknamed Britain's Roswell in a reference to the famous UFO sighting in New Mexico in 1947. Witnesses said the craft was covered in markings similar to Egyptian hieroglyphs and aliens emerged from it. An airman later confessed the incident was a hoax.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't understand the significance of this article. Reading into what hasn't been said leaves too much to be imagined - or is this the objective?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
These bits of disinformation propaganda make my blood boil.

"Boxing Day 1980 A UFO reportedly crash landed in Rendlesham forest, Suffolk, near the Woodbridge US air force base. The incident was nicknamed Britain's Roswell in a reference to the famous UFO sighting in New Mexico in 1947. Witnesses said the craft was covered in markings similar to Egyptian hieroglyphs and aliens emerged from it. An airman later confessed the incident was a hoax.

You're right, that is a really sickening summary of an extroadinary event. The last sentance is so blatantly ignorant of the facts is laughable.

An "airman". Who is this mystery "airman" who said it was a hoax ? Here is what I found on UFO Evidence.org:

"Several former airmen also backed up his story, insisting that whatever they had seen was impossible to explain in any ordinary way."

The article does what any other whitewash media company will do -- bring up an interesting, important topic or news item :

"The Ministry of Defence went to extraordinary lengths to cover up its true involvement in investigating UFOs, according to secret documents revealed under the Freedom of Information Act."

but discredit & announce an explanation, and declaring it as the final answer:
"But what they were hiding was not evidence of ET visits but embarrassment at the fact they were never allowed to spend public money on investigating the subject in any depth."

It must be what so called Journalists go to University for, to learn about how to properly discredit important topics so the public stays confused and unaware of the real issues facing this world.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
They were trying to hide their investigation, but didn't have the funds to do all the investigations they wanted? Sounds like a nice tidy thing to say to end this matter without more questions being asked.

Q: "Where are the aliens?"
A: "Sorry we ran out of cash to investigate that further"
Q: "What information is there on Rendlesham?"
A: "Sorry we didn't have enough money to investigate that"
Q: "So which UFOs did you investigate?"
A: "The ones caused by weather or those apparently all too common plasma things, since they seemed the most cost friendly to investigate."

The Rendlesham "airman hoax", would mean that one guy fooled a lot of people and caused them to outright lie about a lot of things. I remember seeing that guy's interview on what I think was the Sci-fi Channel's Rendlesham special. I didn't find his story very believable or even fit what the other people said happened.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Seems to me to be old news, try Googling "Nick Pope" who was the MOD's spokesman for UFO's. He basically worked on the British equivalent of "Project Blue Book" and once he left this position wrote several books and articles with the MOD's consent. He believes through his work that not all UFO sightings can be explained by natural phenomenon. He currently still works for the MOD, but in a position that is unrelated to UFO's and still researches this area in his spare time.
A good place to start looking at his work can be found here... Link

Maybe its just disinformation... who knows? But he seems to have a vested interest in all things paranormal and told the public of his involvement... with the MOD's blessing.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I would imagine the line " An airman later confessed the incident was a hoax." is a reference to the gentlemen who claimed he put loads of lights on a car a drove it around in the forest. Of the thousands of UFO cases i've read, and one hundred plus i've investigated over the last 16 years, that version of a hoax is one of the most pathetic attempts of debunking i've come across.

Nick Pope, no doubt a nice guy but i find his account of his time at the MOD (in relation to ufo's) somewhat frustrating. Here was a man in a position to find out something relevant to the subject and put it into the public domain and yet failed to do so. That's not a personnal dig at him, i just find it frustrating.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This was an interesting article. Thanks for pointing this one out.

I just had a few collegues dissappear into the Top Secret world. They aren't even allowed to tell their spouses where they work. Maybe they will get to join these units.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I would imagine the line " An airman later confessed the incident was a hoax." is a reference to the gentlemen who claimed he put loads of lights on a car a drove it around in the forest. Of the thousands of UFO cases i've read, and one hundred plus i've investigated over the last 16 years, that version of a hoax is one of the most pathetic attempts of debunking i've come across.

Bingo...read a bit deeper (check classic cases thread stickied in this forum)....

You'll actually see Nick Pope's sig on quite a few of the released files, hehe.....

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What interested me about this was.... they mentioned something that if you weren't an experiencer and experience this yourself you wouldn't know.

They said they were in the forest and that a craft did land one touched it and it was shiny black and you couldn't see in.

Well, the Grey's do have a one seater that is egg shaped that it shiny black. You can't see in but the person/being inside can see out. (kind of like our tinted glass but much much better,) It would be like if you had an egg and it was on its side the opens across the middle it quite impressive.

I don't think they would have known that if they really didn't see that. The only one that has ever described this is myself.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Well, the Grey's do have a one seater that is egg shaped that it shiny black.

I believe the witness sketch of the UFO was trianguLaR with a "bubble" on top.

I don't believe there is anyway to know if this incident was connected with "greys".

edit: can't spell

[edit on 27-9-2006 by Schaden]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I wonder if the person writing the Article even read the Condign Report !

In the Condign Report the Rendlesham Forest incident is given as a possible example of Human exposure to UAP radiation.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It was just a throw-away comment, Gazrok, i didn't have time for anything more. I moved within a few miles of Rendlesham this year to spend more time at the forest (i'll be here till christmas). I'm pretty sure i've read everything in the public domain about the case. I'll take a gander at the stickie though, thanks

I wasn't trying to be personnal about Nick Pope, i'll just agree to disagree as to his usefullness in the overall field of ufology.

top topics

join