It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many conspiracies has ATS exposed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
ATS has been in existence for -- how long now? Four years? Quite a while, anyway.

During this period, innumberable 'conspiracies' have been detected and 'exposed' on the site. But how many of these exposés have been accepted as such by the world beyond ATS and the conspiracy community in general? How many conspiracies have we authentically debunked -- not to our own satisfaction, but that of the public at large?

I'm not talking about silly hoaxes like the Serpo business. I'm talking about real conspiracies against the public or some portion of it. Has ATS ever actually saved the public from a real conspiracy against it?

Yes, I know it's an uncomfortable, indeed trollish question, but I think I'll ask it anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Good question! Unfortunately ATS does not have any legal powers to bring conspirators to book. We can only bring to public knowledge the alleged conspiracy theories and goings-on. It's for the public to get together and demand action from the powers that be. But they'll need solid 'Proof'. Where do you get this from?

Wanna try Area 51, or NASA or any of the Black Project sites? Tried walking away with an alien from Dugway? You'll not be able to get within 5 miles of it. So how and where do you get the proof to nail anybody?

Happy surfing!!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Who knows what discussion here on ATS may have pre-empted in the way of the formulation and execution of "plans"?

Hypothetically... a conspiracy notion "breaks" here on ATS gets an audience aware and perhaps cold-feet overtake contemplated mal-event perpetrators because of the awareness. What hasn't happened that was "big" here on ATS? Consider it...

Or conspiracy "breaks" here and "authorities" vigilant monitoring of this site allows for attempted "whatever" to be dealt with before it is a "publicly noticed event". Who knows? I'd bet even money that ATS has in fact contributed to the body of knowledge on more than one occasion in at least some small way. Take it to the bank.

Shhhhh, we'll never know - it's Above Top Secret - it's all part of the Amigos-Trois plan to save us all from ourselves. It's working Sub-Rosa right now. Thank you Three Amigoes! You folks are AAA+ and top drawer in the field. This place is the Nexus.

Victor K.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Two responses... oh, well. Does that mean that the answer to my question is 'none'?

There is no shortage of real conspiracies in the world -- political, financial, criminal, you name it. When shall we see one exposed on ATS?

I wonder if we ever shall. Becoming a forum for real-life collaborative investigation of real-world conspiracies would change the character of ATS utterly. It would also, most probably, cause widespread dismay amongst our current membership.

But you'd think there'd be at least one...

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm guessing a few of the small time ones.

You know, things like insider trading and all that.

The amount of CT's that ATS members CLAIM to have solved is... well, all of them. This simply isn't true.

The amount of evidence provided is not enough to prove a conspiracy in most of the cases on here. For example 9/11 conspirators claim to have evidence that the buildings were destroyed by controlled demolition yadda-yadda-yadda but in a court of law half-quotes, testimonies from people in the wrong field and mere coincidences won't solve a case.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
The amount of CT's that ATS members CLAIM to have solved is... well, all of them. This simply isn't true. The amount of evidence provided is not enough to prove a conspiracy... in a court of law half-quotes, testimonies from people in the wrong field and mere coincidences won't solve a case.

Exactly. Wouldn't it be nice to see ATS members collaborate to put together a watertight case in respect of any of the conspiracies discussed here, one that ends up bringing some real conspirators to book?

Dream on, Astyanax, dream on.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Don't know if you've seen this thread but it's fascinating reading, and seems to indicate that SOME people here keep an eye on what's going on on the boards. There's some great research and some very interesting connections made.

No, it's not like it's gone overground. Or that it ever will. But at least it's there.

new topics

top topics

join